QB Controversy

Denali

14 minutes ago, 8MM said:

As a MM supporter, even I can easily see that RT looked much better.  It wouldn't have been as bad if MM drove them to a TD.  Everything RT did was much better, even if it weren't the starters.  If the Titans want the best chance of winning, then they should go to Tannehill. 

Perhaps this will be extra motivation for Mariota to do whatever it was that lead to his success in the past.  

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I know.  Some of you think this isn't even a controversy at this point, but I'll ask anyway.   Who wins the training camp battle for backup QB? Woodside or Mariota?  

Joel’s pulled his cock out of Gabbert’s ass and went straight to Tannehill!

Dolphins fan here. I wanted to check in to see what Titans fans thought of RT so far. I liked him in Miami, and felt like he had more in him than the coaches ever got out of him. I'm rooting for him t

37 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Thanks for the replies.

I still am not convinced as it is the preseason (no real defensive schemes, non-starters, etc).  Add in that Tannehill was dumped after a long stint in Miami doesn't spell "world-beater" to me.  If Mariota flounders when it matters (regular season), then sure - put in the backup.

It has nothing to do with preseason or the talent hes up against, theres no talent in his arm. 

Edited by headhunter

5 hours ago, Denali said:

OK, I know.  Some of you think this isn't even a controversy at this point, but I'll ask anyway.

Who wins the training camp battle for backup QB? Woodside or Mariota?

9 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Perhaps this will be extra motivation for Mariota to do whatever it was that lead to his success in the past.  

Do we get to play Arkansas State, Nicholls State, South Dakota, and Wyoming?

The QB controversy hysteria is comical. Look, I think Tannehill is a good QB. I think he could still start for 5-8 teams. That being said, this notion that there should be a QB controversy let alone Tannehill should start is simply due to volume of plays for each player. 

In four drives last night, his last drive was very good. Two went 3 and out, and one was completely driven by the run game which produced like 75 yards before Tannehill threw a one yard TD pass.  He looked calm in the pocket sure, but the OL was dominating the game and gave him a lot of time. People are overreacting to one game because they think Mariota couldn't do the same if he had great OL play and was going against backups. 

Just now, ap24786 said:

The QB controversy hysteria is comical. Look, I think Tannehill is a good QB. I think he could still start for 5-8 teams. That being said, this notion that there should be a QB controversy let alone Tannehill should start is simply due to volume of plays for each player. 

In four drives last night, his last drive was very good. Two went 3 and out, and one was completely driven by the run game which produced like 75 yards before Tannehill threw a one yard TD pass.  He looked calm in the pocket sure, but the OL was dominating the game and gave him a lot of time. People are overreacting to one game because they think Mariota couldn't do the same if he had great OL play and was going against backups. 

Its just about passing the eyeball test last night

His arm looked totally shot. I have no idea what happened, but he did not start off his career throwing with such a lack of velocity. The first pass of his career to Delanie was an absolute laser. Maybe the injuries have simply caught up to him, but he looked awful last night any way you cut it. 

2 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

Someone help me here, please.  I didn't watch the game nor have seen any highlights.  Was what Tannehill did on Thursday really THAT impressive?  I mean, beyond the resident agenda-hammers here, what's with the hype?

It's preseason.  Game one.  Did the Eagles even play starters?  

I'm serious, what did I miss?  My instinct is to think all of you are drowning in overreaction and the constant drumming of "the agenda."

Marcus threw 2 terrible balls that were nearly uncatchable but Humphries made great receptions on, out of the 8 total passes he threw. MM was 4-8. Tanny came in and had several really nice touch throws and looked extremely comfortbable in the pocket, more so than Marcus. Tanny stayed in the pocket under pressure and made the right throw every time. His touchdown passes were right on the money. Tanny was 12 for 16  and 2 TDs and I dont remember any receptions being checkdowns. Hollister looks like he may have a shot at making the team especially after Taylor dropped two that hit him in the hands.

Edited by freakingeek

2 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

Mariota missed a easy throw to Jennings that a 5th year QB should have easily made. A lot people with me included are concern about his arm strength and his throwing  mechanics. Like it didn’t matter if it was 1st out there or 4th sting out his arm looks meh at best. Tannehills arm looked a lot more lively.