QB Controversy

Denali

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I know.  Some of you think this isn't even a controversy at this point, but I'll ask anyway.   Who wins the training camp battle for backup QB? Woodside or Mariota?  

Joel’s pulled his cock out of Gabbert’s ass and went straight to Tannehill!

Dolphins fan here. I wanted to check in to see what Titans fans thought of RT so far. I liked him in Miami, and felt like he had more in him than the coaches ever got out of him. I'm rooting for him t

Someone help me here, please.  I didn't watch the game nor have seen any highlights.  Was what Tannehill did on Thursday really THAT impressive?  I mean, beyond the resident agenda-hammers here, what's with the hype?

It's preseason.  Game one.  Did the Eagles even play starters?  

I'm serious, what did I miss?  My instinct is to think all of you are drowning in overreaction and the constant drumming of "the agenda."

Just now, CreepingDeath said:

Someone help me here, please.  I didn't watch the game nor have seen any highlights.  Was what Tannehill did on Thursday really THAT impressive?  I mean, beyond the resident agenda-hammers here, what's with the hype?

I'm serious, what did I miss?  My instinct is to think all of you are drowning in overreaction and the constant drumming of "the agenda."

Tannehills arm pops off the screen with strength and velocity. Mariota has none of that

43 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

So you won't even give him a shot in the regular season? Lol 

If RT showed he was the better man for the job in the preseason, then why should they go to Mariota?  

Is this pro-football or pre-school?  

1 minute ago, CreepingDeath said:

It was impressive but more in contrast to how Mariota looked throwing the ball.  Tannehill did have a couple of drops by Taylor but one of them was an underthrown ball that should have been an easy TD.  Of note, they did score a TD on the same drive.  Mariota had a couple of drops but neither was on target.  One of them, to Jennings, was an easy, wide open throw whereas the ball led Jennings out of bounds.

Accuracy, velocity, decisiveness, pocket presence - Tannehill just looked much better than Mariota.   

II can't understand why people don't want to see RT with the ones.  He's new to the system.  We saw what Mariota looked like at this stage before his injury, and there is no comparison.  There is really nothing to gain for him playing with the 2s .  If he keeps tearing them up and Mariota stinks again during the dress rehearsal, it will absolutely become a distraction for the team .  

Thanks for the replies.

8 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Tannehills arm pops off the screen with strength and velocity. Mariota has none of that

I still am not convinced as it is the preseason (no real defensive schemes, non-starters, etc).  Add in that Tannehill was dumped after a long stint in Miami doesn't spell "world-beater" to me.  If Mariota flounders when it matters (regular season), then sure - put in the backup.

2 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

II can't understand why people don't want to see RT with the ones.  He's new to the system.  We saw what Mariota looked like at this stage before his injury, and there is no comparison.  There is really nothing to gain for him playing with the 2s .  If he keeps tearing them up and Mariota stinks again during the dress rehearsal, it will absolutely become a distraction for the team .  

It's only a "distraction" if the Tenn media makes it one.  If I've learned anything as a fan of this team, no one really cares about the Titans.  

If there is indeed a battle that Mariota has to win, his time in Tennessee is almost over even if he keeps the job.

Our franchise QB can't be battling it out with his backup in the final year of his contract.

Edited by big2033

27 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

As a MM supporter, even I can easily see that RT looked much better.  It wouldn't have been as bad if MM drove them to a TD.  Everything RT did was much better, even if it weren't the starters.  If the Titans want the best chance of winning, then they should go to Tannehill. 

10 minutes ago, 8MM said:

As a MM supporter, even I can easily see that RT looked much better.  It wouldn't have been as bad if MM drove them to a TD.  Everything RT did was much better, even if it weren't the starters.  If the Titans want the best chance of winning, then they should go to Tannehill. 

My hats off to you man, you admit what some of the homers/retards can’t or won’t admit.

btw, I told you so