Sign in to follow this  
NashvilleNinja

Kalif Raymond

Yeah, he looks good. If he can also be a PR guy, then he should probably replace Jennings. Jennings is good at KR, but with so many TBs now, it's less of a need than it used to be. I think Raymond could do that too, frankly. In any case, Raymond looked great out there...good routes, and shifty.

nine   

I doubt they’ll cut Taylor outright...but with the amount of competition for those last 2-3 WR spots, I could certainly see him being traded  before the season opener. 

BudAdams   
3 hours ago, nine said:

I doubt they’ll cut Taylor outright...but with the amount of competition for those last 2-3 WR spots, I could certainly see him being traded  before the season opener. 

The trade market for a fast receiver who cannot catch should be interesting.  If he doesn't turn it around, he's getting cut.

6 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

The trade market for a fast receiver who cannot catch should be interesting.  If he doesn't turn it around, he's getting cut.

Maybe JRobbery can get us a quality backup in the trade like with DGB/Kelly...(seems doubtful)

I would prefer if TT makes a 3rd year leap however...

Edited by ChemEngr79

GLinks   

Raymond, Hollister and McEvoy are probably just as serviceable as Taylor, Jennings and Batson were.

Point is behind Davis and Humphries the group is wildly in flux. I won’t be surprised if the Titans go the Patriots who-dat route. 

Besides, Walker Pruitt and Firkser will probably be fed as much or more than WR3 and on.

i just depressed myself saying that out loud.

Raymond had 6 catches for 80 yards. Hollister was impressive. McEvoy has potential. Dawkins has some nice speed, and I like that style of one cut and go. He could replace Lewis. I hope we see Fluellen some. Hooker was trying hard, and Long Jr. Is a hitter. Urban (96, for those of you that didn't know), played well. Not a rookie but new to us.

22 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

https://www.titansonline.com/news/an-underdog-story-undersized-wr-kalif-raymond-making-most-of-opportunities-in-ti

It's too early to call yet, but I've been seeing a sprinkling of people saying stuff about him in camp over on Reddit. Then we got this article^ a few days ago.

Given how shittily Taywan Taylor is playing tonight in PSG1 and how contrastingly good Raymond has looked so far I'd have to say Taylor is on his way out and Raymond will take his spot.

I thought the same thing.

On 8/9/2019 at 6:21 PM, GLinks said:

Raymond, Hollister and McEvoy are probably just as serviceable as Taylor, Jennings and Batson were.

Point is behind Davis and Humphries the group is wildly in flux. I won’t be surprised if the Titans go the Patriots who-dat route. 

Besides, Walker Pruitt and Firkser will probably be fed as much or more than WR3 and on.

i just depressed myself saying that out loud.

This is why even though he is injured and hasn't practiced I still see our 2nd round pick being the 3rd WR and main guy outside opposite Davis. He could be back in time to even have a couple preseason games of play before the season starts.

patsplat   
On 8/10/2019 at 8:21 PM, newschool said:

This is why even though he is injured and hasn't practiced I still see our 2nd round pick being the 3rd WR and main guy outside opposite Davis. He could be back in time to even have a couple preseason games of play before the season starts.

Hope never dies!

4 hours ago, patsplat said:

Hope never dies!

The fact his first practice back they pulled him to the side with Corey and then they went inside together with the coaches is a good sign