• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My God get Tanny out of there! We can't afford to lose him 

Vrabel needs to go ahead and make the switch! Mariota gave it his best shot

Titans would be best served to start Tannehill. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

True, but we both know what their vision is. They want an offense similar to the Patriots: aggressive, adaptable, and multiple. 

I agree with this, but it doesn't change the fact you;ve been clamoring for a hurry up shotgun based offense and he has been worse in those situations. You claimed he was better, those stats are out. He's also been worse in 11 personnel

I also want to see what Vrabel does when the bullets start flying, Will he go conservative? 

26 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The Rams toned it way down and started playing more 2 TEs, teams started adjusting 

Sharp maintains that you can be more multiple from 2TE if you have all around TEs. The problem with the formation stems when the 2nd TE is a blocker who cant catch.

3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Sharp maintains that you can be more multiple from 2TE if you have all around TEs. The problem with the formation stems when the 2nd TE is a blocker who cant catch.

If you have an inline blocker that can stretch the field and a movement guy like Walker you can do anything. You can also run and max protect. 

When the Titans opened the season vs Gronk and Hernandez in 2012(?) the Titans tried dime and the Pats ran for 230+

39 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I agree with this, but it doesn't change the fact you;ve been clamoring for a hurry up shotgun based offense and he has been worse in those situations. You claimed he was better, those stats are out. He's also been worse in 11 personnel

I also want to see what Vrabel does when the bullets start flying, Will he go conservative? 

All true, but we never ran it with any consistency. Mariota is if anything a rhythm player. His best offense will be 11 personnel, PA heavy. We’ll see how it goes. I have pretty much no hope in the guy, but that’s his best shot, and also I personally agree with the philosophy overall that it’s the best package design even if one of the TE’s is split making it a 12 personnel. 

25 minutes ago, Justafan said:

So much depends on the Oline unit.  WIth Lewan out and still no clear frontrunner for the RG spot, it may not matter what offense they run or how many pass attempts they decide to make.  

I trust in Vrabel and crew to have some kind of plan for playing without Lewan. I don’t think it’s going to translate to a 4-0 start but if we go 2-2 you have to be happy. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic