Jonboy

Preseason Week 1: Titans @ Eagles Game Thread

scine09   
1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

Whether or not Mariota can make a specific throw doesn't mean anything. Sure he can make good throws, so can Bortles, Locker, VY etc..... it doesn't make them good QBs 

He said that it's a throw that Mariota wouldn't attempt.  He was wrong.

OILERMAN   
2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

He said that it's a throw that Mariota wouldn't attempt.  He was wrong.

You got him!

2 hours ago, Justafan said:

I'm not putting it on his weapons.  It wasn't even a horrible drive so there is nothing to excuse.  I've criticized Mariota plenty and I'm as ready to move on if he doesn't turn it on as anyone. 

You are arguing with people who have already determined that he can't and won't "turn it on". It's already Tanny Time for them.

frustrated head GIF

Rogue   
16 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

You are arguing with people who have already determined that he can't and won't "turn it on". It's already Tanny Time for them.

frustrated head GIF

I guess we've been here enough times it just seems inevitable.  I don't even think those that are ready to move on consider RT our QB of the future either.  

OILERMAN   
20 minutes ago, scine09 said:

That's always your reaction when you post something incorrect.

It's trivial. Mariota has played poorly overall for 4 years now minus a few stretches and a good 8 game stretch in 2016. You're arguing about whether or not he can make one good throw? He can't drop back and pass like Tannehill did last night, he doesn't have the talent. 

OILERMAN   

@scine09 Here is a nugget for you

Assuming Mariota doesn't get an extension the Titans will be the first team in league history to draft 3 QBs in the 1st round in a 10 year span in which none of the 3 got an extension. 

Justafan   
1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

They got the ball on the Eagles 49 yard line and ended up on the Eagles 23.  In 10 plays.  They netted 26 yards.  Go back to math class dumbass.

As for the Jennings play, it speaks for itself.  Only a homer would defend the throw.  It was inaccurate despite him being wide open.  You think the play design calls for that ball placement???

If you think the expecations for any of the receivers mentioned comes anywhere close to the expectations for Mariota or Tannehill for that matter, that's simply delusional.  I expect the QB to execute that play and MM didn't.

-5 yard penalty there dumbass.  

Justafan   
1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

It has nothing to do with the mechanics of throwing an accurate pass to a specific area. 

Sure in college when he had WRs running wide ass open it was easier but that's not going to happen in the NFL with any regularity 

I get that but the blowup is silly and you know it.  

BudAdams   
11 minutes ago, Justafan said:

-5 yard penalty there dumbass.  

Yeah so?  Did they net 26 yards or not?  What does the drive chart say?  Negative plays count too.  

Its not like 31 yards on 10 plays is good.  Nor does it divert from the play of Mariota, which was not good.

Edited by BudAdams

Justafan   
6 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Yeah so?  Did they net 26 yards or not?  What does the drive chart say?  Negative plays count too.  

Its not like 31 yards on 10 plays is good.  

The drive chart says 31.  Also, the penalty, the dropped pass, and the whiffed block that allowed quick pressure isn't on Mariota.  Mariota went 4/8 for 24 yards.  Not amazing but it wasn't terrible like many of ya'll are making it out to be either.  You framed it the way you did, intentionally, to skew the stats to make it look worse than it was.  Mariota didn't run the routes, block the blocks, or run the runs.  I'm all for criticizing Mariota (he's deserved plenty for his play the last two years) but this stuff is just silly.  It's just immature fans yelling in the wind. 

Yell away guy.  

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019080861/2019/PRE1/[email protected]?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2019080861

Edited by Justafan

OILERMAN   
15 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I get that but the blowup is silly and you know it.  

If it was just about this game it would be, it's not, not even close. 

Justafan   
Just now, OILERMAN said:

If it was just about this game it would be, it's not, not even close. 

If you're criticizing the entire body of work, fine.  The last two years have been subpar and Mariota has played at an unnacceptable pro level.  If he continues to play at that level, the Titans need to move on.  If that's your argument, then okay, we agree.  If however, you want to point out the microcosms of a single drive during the first preseason game as evidence that he is continuing on that path, then it is, in fact, silly.