Preseason Week 1: Titans @ Eagles Game Thread

Jonboy

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Evans is gonna be an All Pro. And I dont throw that compliment lightly. Ive actually dont recall the last time I said that about a Titans player. 

Haynesworth.... That was an easy year. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My God get Tanny out of there! We can't afford to lose him 

Vrabel needs to go ahead and make the switch! Mariota gave it his best shot

Titans would be best served to start Tannehill. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I know it was only 6 passes but look at how other Qb's did yesterday. Jones had a great tight throw on 3rd and 7 followed by a perfect pass to the corner of the endzone for a TD. Mayfield was throwing the ball down the field like it was week 6. Thats what good Qb's should be doing against vanilla defense that don't scheme their opponent in the preseason. The fact Mariota in year 5 doesn't light it up in these scenarios is very troubling. 

I was about to say. If we don't see any "wow" plays from Mariota this preseason you might as well start look at the QB prospects. Average just won't cut it today.

Edited by big2033

Part of me believes that MM's nerve injury is a never fully healing type of injury. Small sample, but some throws looked like last year when he was hurt. It may just be a matter of him learning to deal with it. I still hope he can get it together, but I hope we don't throw the season away waiting for it to happen. 

5 minutes ago, 10 A See said:

Part of me believes that MM's nerve injury is a never fully healing type of injury. Small sample, but some throws looked like last year when he was hurt. It may just be a matter of him learning to deal with it. I still hope he can get it together, but I hope we don't throw the season away waiting for it to happen. 

There's been no indication of that but if so, Vrabel should be fired if he goes into battle with a weak armed Mariota over Tannehill.

5 minutes ago, 10 A See said:

If he has no velocity at this early point of his career. He's screwed. A QB of his age hasn't figured it all out yet, he needs arm strength and athleticism to carry some of the load.

Peyton Manning lost his velocity as a vet and his experience only took him so far.

Edited by big2033

16 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I just dont see the arm talent with Mariota anymore. No velocity or pop

It was the same thing last year (maybe some due to injury), but several of us noticed it in training camp before the season last year. We're seeing the same thing in training camp this year. 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

It was the same thing last year (maybe some due to injury), but several of us noticed it in training camp before the season last year. We're seeing the same thing in training camp this year. 

I'm not sure how much is pure arm or how his footwork/base factors in.  We know that his footwork/base are wildly inconsistent from play to play.  I'd add that his penchant for 3.5 steps on a 3 step drop or 6 on a 5 step drop showed up time and time again on the All 22, which of course throws timing off when NFL passing games rely on timing.

If he doesn't fix it soon, he's toast as an NFL starter.

2 hours ago, abenjami said:

The real question at this point is will Mariota be openly benched or will they fake an injury as the reason Tannehill starts?

Either the fake injury or Vrabel says 'we thought RT was best for that defense.'  Another move could be the RT packages, just send him in like the Steelers did with slash.  Tell people Mariota's our starter, we just needed to run a real NFL offense on a few series.  Mariota is our QB.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic