• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My God get Tanny out of there! We can't afford to lose him 

Vrabel needs to go ahead and make the switch! Mariota gave it his best shot

Titans would be best served to start Tannehill. 

Posted Images

https://www.titansonline.com/news/observations-from-day-11-of-titans-training-camp?utm_source=Direct

Mariota’s day had mixed results. Mariota made a number of nice throws, including a strike to receiver Tajae Sharpe on the sideline. Mariota also found receiver Adam Humphies for a short touchdown pass in a 7-on-7 period. But Mariota also misfired on a number of throws, and saw his targets drop several passes. Mariota was short on a throw to receiver Kalif Raymond in a team period, and he threw over the head of Tajae Sharpe in a red zone period. We'll get to his INT next.

Tight end Delanie Walker saw a high pass from Mariota go off his hands, and safety Kevin Byard was there to intercept it on the deflection. Byard sprinted the other way as his teammates shouted.

I counted drops from receiver Corey Davis, tight ends Delanie Walker and Anthony Firkser and Raymond on the day, although the pass to Firkser was a bullet. Firkser made a number of catches in practice, and Davis made a nice grab the play right after his drop.

Mr. Up and Down was again up and down.  Shocking!  Meanwhile.......

Quarterback Ryan Tannehill completed touchdown passes to Darius Jennings and Cole Wick in one 7-on-7 drill in the red zone. In the second red zone period, however, Tannehill didn’t have the same luck against a riled up secondary. Earlier, Tannehill threw high to running back Jeremy McNichols in a team period.

Just now, Starkiller said:

I think he is going to have to suck in a few real games before the pull the plug. Or get hurt...

Why? If it obvious why wait? If he stinks early and they lose games Vrabel/Robinson will be liable 

Just now, Starkiller said:

I think he is going to have to suck in a few real games before the pull the plug. Or get hurt...

I agree, and I hope we only think this because we have spent so many years suffering from ineptitude at the hands of ownership, the front office, or the coaching staff depending on the year. 

Hopefully part of the Jrob/Vrabel regime is to play the best players regardless of prior status or contract. 

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

Why? If it obvious why wait? If he stinks early and they lose games Vrabel/Robinson will be liable 

He’s not saying what should happen, just what he thinks will happen. 

Why not make the change yesterday if it’s that obvious to them?

I don’t think the change will come quick. If it does they s go old have just held an honest competition and done more to prepare RT to be the starter. 

48 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

https://www.titansonline.com/news/observations-from-day-11-of-titans-training-camp?utm_source=Direct

Mr. Up and Down was again up and down.  Shocking!  Meanwhile.......

Am I missing something? That report makes it sound like Tannehill was up and down as well they just don't go into the details... Of course, not a good look that Mariota continues to be inconsistent.

25 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Am I missing something? That report makes it sound like Tannehill was up and down as well they just don't go into the details... Of course, not a good look that Mariota continues to be inconsistent.

Mariota has struggled in the redzone basically all of camp at this point and the scrimmage, by all reports RT has done well in the redzone drills 

12 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Mariota has struggled in the redzone basically all of camp at this point and the scrimmage, by all reports RT has done well in the redzone drills 

Point taken but the way Bud phrased it by saying "meanwhile..." I expected to read that in Tannehill did well today. 

6 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I'm not in either QB's camp but to be fair Tannehill was reportedly pretty scratchy in the first 7-10 days of camp and Mariota was ok, can't be argued that Tannehill is trending up over the last week though.

While I still think the intention is to start the season with Mariota week 1, but he simply can't be terrible over the next fortnight or he risks opening up that starting QB position.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

• Jonboy unpinned this topic