Preseason Week 1: Titans @ Eagles Game Thread

Jonboy

20 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

If Conklin has a good year, leaves in free agency and signs a big deal the team would likely get a way better comp pick vs what they could have gotten going into this season

Good point. And trading an obvious talent like Conklin at his lowest point wouldn’t make any sense. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My God get Tanny out of there! We can't afford to lose him 

Vrabel needs to go ahead and make the switch! Mariota gave it his best shot

Titans would be best served to start Tannehill. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, japan said:

Has anyone addressed Brown’s supposed hand injury?

I seem to recall a camera sideline shot in the 2nd-3rd quarter where Jayon was standing in the background talking to someone and laughing.  I don’t recall him having his hand wrapped or anything like that.

3 hours ago, japan said:

Good thing JRob didn’t listen to some on here and trade off Conklin.  The whole argument that Conklin couldn’t excel in the zone blocking scheme was laughable. The guy was just hurt and brought back too soon. 

Because he said so himself.  That the scheme was giving him more trouble than the injury recovery.

But also, he didn't say he couldn't excel, he just said he was struggling with picking it up.

And Arthur Smith said going forward, they wouldn't be in a strictly ZBS any longer, but that they'd mix it up more. 

1 minute ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Because he said so himself.  That the scheme was giving him more trouble than the injury recovery.

But also, he didn't say he couldn't excel, he just said he was struggling with picking it up.

And Arthur Smith said going forward, they wouldn't be in a strictly ZBS any longer, but that they'd mix it up more. 

So he said so himself ... but didn't say that ... 

1 hour ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I’m not just talking about MM. I’m talking about other players as well. 

It's not just one game, no. It was also the game against the Packers last preseason when the resident experts were microanalyzing the unholy fuck out of that pass play to Nick Williams that went for 30+ yards, criticizing Mariota for not throwing to Taywan Taylor, who probably would have dropped the fucking ball anyway.

So OS is right about that. We've been getting overwrought bullshit from the nose bleed section for a while now in camp, preseason, and games.

The team is giving Mariota this last chance to put it all together. They probably think that injuries and coaching changes made his development that much harder.

It doesn't make sense that they think Mariota is clearly broken and has no shot of success unless they go to RT before the season actually starts. If they think RT is better and go with Mariota anyway then it's basically malpractice.

On 8/9/2019 at 8:05 PM, abc2330 said:

Him in the PS during his rookie season.  Mariota hasn't looked like this in a while.  I don't know what happened to him.  

I had a thread on season highlights, 2015-2016 and 2017-2018.  Night and Day.  Even in the cherrypicked season highlights, you can see a huge difference.  At this point, his confidence is shot.  He realizes he is limited, so his confidence is gone.  He's so into his head, he can't just allow his body to just function. 

Edited by Number9

15 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

Gotta love the guy who comes in at the end and swipes his hat; classy crowd in Philly, hope the guy on the ground wasn't a Titans fan.

That's why they have a jail down under that mofo.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic