• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My God get Tanny out of there! We can't afford to lose him 

Vrabel needs to go ahead and make the switch! Mariota gave it his best shot

Titans would be best served to start Tannehill. 

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Oof, you're not going to find many people that agree that a 5th year QB looking bad in the preseason against vanilla defenses means nothing. If he plays well against those defenses it's meaningless because he's supposed to but bad play certainly matters. Concern about Mariota is warranted, saying that it's all said and done isn't yet IMO.

Matt Ryan has been pretty mediocre in the preseason the past couple years, but he's still been one of the best QBs in that span. Brady has had some pretty shit preseasons over the years too. So on and so forth.

The concern with Mariota should be his injuries and inconsistent play over his 4 years in the NFL. Preseason shouldn't even be thought about.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Matt Ryan has been pretty mediocre in the preseason the past couple years, but he's still been one of the best QBs in that span. Brady has had some pretty shit preseasons over the years too. So on and so forth.

The concern with Mariota should be his injuries and inconsistent play over his 4 years in the NFL. Preseason shouldn't even be thought about.

Neither has been as bad as Mariota looked last night. He was below average at best. He needs to kill it the next few weeks and make people forget his performance last night. I'm rooting for him but that's the truth.

32 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

It was weird though because that last tight window throw to Humphries between two defenders had plenty of zip and it wasn't much further away than the crossing route he threw behind the receiver just a few plays before. I want to say his arm is totally shot but then he flashes the ability to throw a little heat so I'm left to think he's choosing to throw these lob-like balls which then makes me think "who the fuck would willingly throw like that"? It's weird and it definitely didn't exist his first 2 years.

This is who he is. Go watch preseason tape from years 1 and 2 like I did this morning. It was sobering...

43 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

It was weird though because that last tight window throw to Humphries between two defenders had plenty of zip and it wasn't much further away than the crossing route he threw behind the receiver just a few plays before. I want to say his arm is totally shot but then he flashes the ability to throw a little heat so I'm left to think he's choosing to throw these lob-like balls which then makes me think "who the fuck would willingly throw like that"? It's weird and it definitely didn't exist his first 2 years.

Back before he hadn't been cold-pressed through Mularkey's bullshit tenure?

7 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

That has nothing to do with the throwing of the football 

Chemistry and talented WRs that get open more often has nothing to do with how effective a QB is throwing the ball?  Since when?

Barring injury MM’s fate is in his hands.  Here is the ball kid, FedX jr. seems to know how to put you in the best spot to win.  Team seems too talented too well coach not to be competing for the division.  Injury or poor play confirms the pattern and sends him out the door.  I’m guessing this leash will be no longer than 6 regular season quarters.

The rest is ...... yes....... NOISE.

They picked up some first downs and would have gotten a FG out of the drive in a regular-season game.  They were clearly trying to work on basic routes and build some chemistry with Humphries... and they succeeded at what they were trying to do.

14 minutes ago, Justafan said:

They picked up some first downs and would have gotten a FG out of the drive in a regular-season game.  They were clearly trying to work on basic routes and build some chemistry with Humphries... and they succeeded at what they were trying to do.

It's not one game. Its everything over time. He hasnt grown or worked out his flaws. Its evident if you go back and watch him from year 1 to year 5. It pains me to admit it but it's all there.

Edited by oldschool

18 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Chemistry and talented WRs that get open more often has nothing to do with how effective a QB is throwing the ball?  Since when?

He should be destroying vanilla defenses in preseason like good QBs do. Saying it's on his weapons is an excuse.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic