• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My God get Tanny out of there! We can't afford to lose him 

Vrabel needs to go ahead and make the switch! Mariota gave it his best shot

Titans would be best served to start Tannehill. 

Posted Images

Just now, abenjami said:

No kidding.  I was trying to think of a team that has been less adept in drafting QB's and I couldn't think of one.

The Bengals came to mind but after Klingler and Akili Smith they hit on Carson Palmer.

Maybe the Jags with Leftwich, Gabbert, Bortles?

Browns are up there, for sure. They seem to have found their guy now though.

1 minute ago, Jonboy said:

Browns are up there, for sure. They seem to have found their guy now though.

Not really a good comparison though because the Browns haven't used top 10 picks.  Quinn, Weeden and Manziel were all picked in the 20's.

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Mariotas accuracy and timing was shit. Doesnt matter who was or waant playing. 

Daniel Jones doesnt have much more chemistry with his teammates. He was throwing darts on the money. 

And ppl, even on here, blasted NYG for taking him where they did. He looks twice the QB Mariota is. 

Just saw his highlights. His velocity and placement were amazing. That's what we've been missing. Velocity and throws in tight windows.

23 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Quite honestly I don't get why people defend Mariota like they do.  Here is a guy with a body like Jake Locker who doesn't play much different.  The guy has let us down multiple times and last year was the last straw for me.  Biggest game of the season and he is hurt again.  He hurt is elbow in the first game of the year.  Why would anyone want to ride a guy like that.  Unreliable.  Then we get to his JAG like play.  He is a border line starter.  Nice guy, likeable but so was Jake.  It sucks that this is the reality but it is.  And expecting something to magically change is literally insane.  Like suddenly he is going to improve his play significantly.  This is a guy who is in his 5th season now and in 4 seasons only has 7 300 yard passing games (56 games).  Luck by comparison has 36.  Watson has 7 300 yard passing games in his short career (23 games).   

You're getting so gun ho after watching one drive. After drive one, Tannehill ended in a 3 and out. We don't know what Mariota would have done in multiple drives. And again, this is game 1 of the freaking preseason, so nothing even matters. It's like if Mariota doesn't go 5-5 84 yards and a TD in his first drive, he still sucks. Just because Tannehill had one nice drive in the game in the late 2nd quarter against backups does not mean we should overreact to Mariota who played one drive. 

We'll see how it plays out. If Mariota isn't getting the job done, I'm sure Vrabel will make the switch. 

2 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

It will be hilarious if Jones becomes a huge star after how nearly everyone killed them for picking him.

Jones will be better than Haskins and I believed that way before that game. 

4 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

It will be hilarious if Jones becomes a huge star after how nearly everyone killed them for picking him.

People were claiming it was racism that caused them to pick Jones over Haskins. 

6 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

You're getting so gun ho after watching one drive. After drive one, Tannehill ended in a 3 and out. We don't know what Mariota would have done in multiple drives. And again, this is game 1 of the freaking preseason, so nothing even matters. It's like if Mariota doesn't go 5-5 84 yards and a TD in his first drive, he still sucks. Just because Tannehill had one nice drive in the game in the late 2nd quarter against backups does not mean we should overreact to Mariota who played one drive. 

We'll see how it plays out. If Mariota isn't getting the job done, I'm sure Vrabel will make the switch. 

Problem im seeing is that most of the “haters” are looking at the actual passes and not the statline or who he’s playing against or what string wrs he’s playing with. 

1 minute ago, ap24786 said:

I think the bigger concern was in the eye test of the two guys on the pieces that the QB controls:  ball placement accuracy, velocity of the pass, poise in the pocket/decision making. 

There's no way anyone can compare the two guys last night and say that Mariota was better in any of those and based on the last two years, that's a concern.   Ignore the salaries and draft pedigree - Tannehill looked like an NFL starter and Mariota really didn't.

Yeah it's PSG1 but it goes way beyond that in terms of Mariota trending.  He's still the starter but none of us truly know how long the leash is if he plays poorly.  He better step it up or the heat will get turned up with the fan base and media.

10 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

No different then the Mariota/Winston draft year vs Wentz/Goff.

The first was lauded as the best 2 QBs in a while. The latter was laughed at and couldn’t believe people would take them at 1/2.

1 minute ago, TheBukafax said:

No different then the Mariota/Winston draft year vs Wentz/Goff.

The first was lauded as the best 2 QBs in a while. The latter was laughed at and couldn’t believe people would take them at 1/2.

The draft is a total crap shoot. Even with a top 5 pick you have like a 50% chance of the guy being your starter after 5 years.

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

I think the bigger concern was in the eye test of the two guys on the pieces that the QB controls:  ball placement accuracy, velocity of the pass, poise in the pocket/decision making. 

There's no way anyone can compare the two guys last night and say that Mariota was better in any of those and based on the last two years, that's a concern.   Ignore the salaries and draft pedigree - Tannehill looked like an NFL starter and Mariota really didn't.

Yeah it's PSG1 but it goes way beyond that in terms of Mariota trending.  He's still the starter but none of us truly know how long the leash is if he plays poorly.  He better step it up or the heat will get turned up with the fan base and media.

Well I'm not going to disagree with the fact that Tannehill looked better. But he also played way more. I guess I just don't think there was enough snaps for Mariota for there to really make any conclusions. I also don't think he played as badly as this board suggests. The Jennings throw was not great but decent if Jennings doesn't try to fall down and catch it. The throw on 4th down Mariota threaded the needle and hit Humphries who dropped it, albeit it was going to be a tough catch to make. It's just too early to say anything about Mariota. I also think our second string OL dominated their second string DL, so Tannehill had lots of time to throw. But he did look pretty good overall. 

3 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

Well I'm not going to disagree with the fact that Tannehill looked better. But he also played way more. I guess I just don't think there was enough snaps for Mariota for there to really make any conclusions. I also don't think he played as badly as this board suggests. The Jennings throw was not great but decent if Jennings doesn't try to fall down and catch it. The throw on 4th down Mariota threaded the needle and hit Humphries who dropped it, albeit it was going to be a tough catch to make. It's just too early to say anything about Mariota. I also think our second string OL dominated their second string DL, so Tannehill had lots of time to throw. But he did look pretty good overall. 

Yeah, the sample size was small. I agree.

All I'm saying is what we saw was the same things we've seen from Mariota for years. There's no indication of progression. That's concerning! Why should I expect him to suddenly get better in year 5? I don't. I hope he can!

Edited by Titans279

• Jonboy unpinned this topic