Preseason Week 1: Titans @ Eagles Game Thread

Jonboy

1 hour ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Also worth noting that Delanie, Henry, Davis, and AJ brown weren’t playing and I’m not sure if tajae played or not. That wasn’t even the true first team offense Mariota was playing with. 

Exactly.  The one guy he's had chemistry with playing with the first string, he hit four times on the drive.  

There were going to be overreactions no matter what but if he had come out and put up 6/7 for 75 yards and a TD, the same people would be telling others to calm down, this doesn't mean anything.  

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My God get Tanny out of there! We can't afford to lose him 

Vrabel needs to go ahead and make the switch! Mariota gave it his best shot

Titans would be best served to start Tannehill. 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Exactly.  The one guy he's had chemistry with playing with the first string, he hit four times on the drive.  

There were going to be overreactions no matter what but if he had come out and put up 6/7 for 75 yards and a TD, the same people would be telling others to calm down, this doesn't mean anything.  

Yeah, I’ve been around here long enough to know that no matter what happened yesterday both sides would overreact. The only real takeaways any reasonable person can gather from that game, is the fact that the Titans have scary good depth. They will be cutting guys that will be picked up for active rosters. And Arthur Smith called a good first game.

8 minutes ago, Justafan said:

That has nothing to do with the throwing of the football 

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Evans is going to be a monster.

It looks like he weighs 300 lbs the way he collides with OL and knocks them around...

It isn't natural. I don't know if that is just country strong or what, but it looks like he plays way heavier (in a good way) that his listed weight would suggest.

11 hours ago, scine09 said:

I'm pretty sure there was a podcast that preseason titled "we've got 99 problems but a QB ain't one" or something close to that.  Isn't that right, @Jonboy?

Was it? I don't remember. Jamal usually came up with the names until we just started using generic titles, haha.

46 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Was it? I don't remember. Jamal usually came up with the names until we just started using generic titles, haha.

I'm pretty sure.  That's one of the only ones I remember.

Edit, I can't find it but there's one about Mariota not throwing picks his rookie training camp that has a similar title.  Maybe that's what I was thinking of.  But I'm pretty sure you had something like that back in the 2014 preseason.

Edited by scine09

People like Mariota and want him to succeed because he’s been the assumed franchise QB for 4 years.

People have obviously slowly downgraded their expectations for him. It’s like the frog in the boiling water.

I remember when the expectations were he’d be at a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers level. No one says that now. 

11 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

People like Mariota and want him to succeed because he’s been the assumed franchise QB for 4 years.

People have obviously slowly downgraded their expectations for him. It’s like the frog in the boiling water.

I remember when the expectations were he’d be at a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers level. No one says that now. 

The pass to Jennings had no velocity, and was off target. Which going into year 5 he should be making those throws with ease.

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

I'm okay with Tannehill as a bridge starter but man does it suck the Titans have blown 3 top 10 picks on QB's the past 15 years. 

No kidding.  I was trying to think of a team that has been less adept in drafting QB's and I couldn't think of one.

The Bengals came to mind but after Klingler and Akili Smith they hit on Carson Palmer.

Maybe the Jags with Leftwich, Gabbert, Bortles?

• Jonboy unpinned this topic