Sign in to follow this  
LongTimeFan

Let's discuss solutions to immigration

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/109/s1033/text

2005 bill sponsored by John McCain and Ted Kennedy. According to the democrat party today this is an immoral bill, racist and fascist!

It acknowledges that we have a border and have a right to protect it from people who just want to walk in.

It acknowledges the criminal element coming here and provides financial assistance to states for law enforcement and incarceration of these people.  

It provides funding for preventing and detaining people coming across our border without documentation. Some of that funding could be used for barriers. 

Establishes an H5 visa and the "essential workers program". Check out the requirements for that visa. 

A. Qualification for non-skilled labor jobs

costs

prove they are capable of doing the job

must offer proof of employment

pay $500 application fee for the visa plus processing and adjudication

iv. must pay for a medical examination, including immunization status

v. if the migrant has been in the US prior to the passage of this bill and meets all criteria based on health, security, and employment, they may pay $1,500 fine to receive an H5-A visa

vi. migrants residing in the US prior to the passage of the bill will not be required to leave the country, and all orders of deportation against them will be waived if they qualify for the H5-A visa

How fucking racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Making them pay for their own medical exam? 

Note that the $1500 fine means that this was not an amnesty bill. 

It also states that committing a crime will terminate the visa. Racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The visa is also terminated if unemployment for 45 days. Racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was a great bill that should have been passed and would have been signed into law by Bush. 

Edited by Rolltide

At some point our population will become a problem. Probably before global warming is a real threat. 

When that time comes, will liberals choose to let the ship sink in the name of compassion, or will they turn into "racists" and have a stronger take on immigration, mainly, illegal immigration?

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

At some point our population will become a problem. Probably before global warming is a real threat. 

When that time comes, will liberals choose to let the ship sink in the name of compassion, or will they turn into "racists" and have a stronger take on immigration, mainly, illegal immigration?

I agree with the overpopulation take.  It's the (actually) biggest problem that the next generation faces (just my opinion).  I'm at odds with your stance on abortion in light of that though.  It seems to be incredibly naive or anti-pragmatic to acknowledge that overpopulation is a huge problem and yet dig your heels in on abortion.  I guess an interesting topic for another thread though.  

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Stop sounding like a damn libtard. There is no population problem at all. We actually need to increase our population with younger people who can pay into social security for 30 years before getting benefits. 

3 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I agree with the overpopulation take.  It's the (actually) biggest problem that the next generation faces (just my opinion).  I'm at odds with your stance on abortion in light of that though.  It seems to be incredibly naive or anti-pragmatic to acknowledge that overpopulation is a huge problem and yet dig your heels in on abortion.  I guess an interesting topic for another thread though.  

Population is not a problem at all. While the world's population doubled we had less extreme poverty and hunger. It is a total sham!

So who will you eliminate or reduce to solve the world's population problem racist? African's? Central Asians? Tell us racist. 

Let's put the population issue to rest right now. 

The UK is almost 8 times more population dense then the USA. Are they a poor nation? Do they have mass hunger and starvation?

The Netherlands is 12X the population density of the USA. Japan is 10X and Germany is 7X more dense. Seeing a trend here? 

Singapore, Hong Kong and Macau are 3 of the most population dense areas on earth. They are also three of the richest places. People are a resource not a burden. 

42 minutes ago, Justafan said:

The difference is I'm not asking to kill illegals. Just keep them from "taking" what does not belong to them. 

They are basically forcing the "nice" ppl in our government to give them, health care, housing (potentially, actual property) etc.

If they become a legal citizen, have at it. Get all you can....legally. 

That is why I am also a major supporter of the Death Penalty. 

Kill ppl who ask for it. Baboes do not.

At least it's easier to call it justice and deserving.  Killing babies who are forced into their position is not justice. Its selfishness. 

So liberals dont want to be selfish and exclude illegals, simply by just stopping them. But they are selfish when it comes to babies. With their lives....real nice. Great moral standard.

I'm not the one who is living backwards (maybe I'm wrong but it seemed to be what you implied). I am not the one who is hypocritical and selfish. Liberals are being that. But when its comes to illegals (especially minorities) they act like they are the ones who have compassion and doing right by not caring that they are indeed illegal, aka breaking the law.. Gtfoh. (The gtfoh is not directed at you).

Edited by JakePA_Titan

39 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Let's put the population issue to rest right now. 

The UK is almost 8 times more population dense then the USA. Are they a poor nation? Do they have mass hunger and starvation?

The Netherlands is 12X the population density of the USA. Japan is 10X and Germany is 7X more dense. Seeing a trend here? 

Singapore, Hong Kong and Macau are 3 of the most population dense areas on earth. They are also three of the richest places. People are a resource not a burden. 

Obviously its not just about the number of ppl. But that combined with the lifestyle of Americans. Greed. Wasteful. Angry. Just to name a few. 

More ppl will not mean a wealthier country, in America. It will lead to more oppressed ppl, more crime, more of the bad shit. 

What is our poverty and crime levels/rates compared to the countries that are far more populated and richer?

If we are close or worse and the population is that far off, you think more ppl in the US will make things better?

Edited by JakePA_Titan

5 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Obviously its not just about the number of ppl. But that combined with the lifestyle of Americans. Greed. Wasteful. Angry. Just to name a few. 

More ppl will not mean a wealthier country, in America. It will lead to more oppressed ppl, more crime, more of the bad shit. 

What is our poverty and crime levels/rates compared to the countries that are far more populated and richer?

If we are close or worse and the population is that far off, you think more ppl in the US will make things better?

Latinos are not oppressed. They are an American success story. Combined all Latinos represent over 2 trillion dollars of our economy and if a separate country would be tied with India as the world's 7th largest economy. 

Of course we do not want criminals coming here and we do not want freeloaders. Past reform legislation like Kennedy-McCain and the Dream act do not make allowances for people who commit crimes or are living on welfare and not working. 

According to the US chamber of commerce:

Commonsense immigration reform would boost economic growth, create jobs, and spur innovation and entrepreneurship.

As far as violent crime Latinos commit far less violent crime than blacks and cities that have majority Latino populations have some of the lowest murder rates. Look it up. El Paso, Loredo, McAllen, Brownsville have very low murder rates. 

It is real simple.  We can allow as many Latinos in as we need from various countries.  As long as we control how many get in, and the quality of those coming in (those with skills, education, ability to work, not sick and not criminals), they can be a huge benefit to our society and economy.  No country just opens their borders and doesn't restrict and control who comes into their country.  We have room and jobs for the right people.  When they get here they need to toe the line or they get sent back.  So yes, the 2005 bill made sense.

For those already here that have kept clean we can fine them and allow them to stay.  I'm OK with that.  Again, if they cross the line, commit a crime or harbor other illegals they get a ticket out.  

And absolutely we provide the funding (cities, states) so detainees who were apprehended on criminal charges at the felony level are retained until they are picked up by ICE.  Anyone standing in the way of these "criminals" being apprehended by ICE are breaking the law.  Period.  

17 hours ago, Justafan said:

I thought we were discussing solutions without the usual insults?  Back on ignore you go.  

Obviously he is frustrated with how simple this is but how ridiculously stupid the left is.  The left has become like the Palestinians with Israel.  They don't want solutions.  All they want is to continue the problem for their political end.  They rather lie about immigrants drinking from toilets rather than passing common sense legislation.  They don't care about these people, drugs, human trafficking or any of it.  They don't really care about a wall except it is Trump wanting it (walls are immoral).   If Obama or Hillary were in office wanting a wall (Obama deported millions of illegals) they would be talking how fantastic the idea is.  It is all BS.  That was his point.  

The left talk as if we have no moral right to even have a border. That idiot Castro said that "open borders" was a republican talking point and then advocated for open borders in the same answer in the debates. 

I love the fact that people are willing to hike 1000 miles to make a better life for themselves and we want people like that coming here. They are welcome but we have to have a way to slow down the number of people coming here so we can vet them and know who they are. People from dozens of different countries are trying to enter here we have a right to know who they are and decide if we want them here. If they are acceptable then we can issue a visa and monitor them and have them pay into social security and medicare with the opportunity to work towards a green card.  

Obviously we need to change our asylum laws because people are coming here wanting to be detained.  They get a court date and we never see them again. 

The dream act and Kennedy-McCain sans any path to citizenship is a good law. 

I mentioned the H5 visa that was mentioned in Kennedy-McCain was a visa for 3 years that allowed a person to live and work here. They could not commit a crime and they could not be unemployed more than 45 days. 

The idiot left today think it is racist and immoral to deport people who have committed felonies in this country! That is insane!

There is also the temporary guest worker visa called a blue visa that we can issue to people who do not intend to live here permanently but wish to work seasonally. 

We have a right to check people's backgrounds and we have a right to reject people from coming into our country. 

The same fools ranting about keeping the borders secure will be soon living alone struggling to find young people to take care of themselves.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/this-will-be-catastrophic-maine-families-face-elder-boom-worker-shortage-in-preview-of-nations-future/2019/08/14/7cecafc6-bec1-11e9-b873-63ace636af08_story.html