Google/YouTube Being Slimy, Again

Mercalius

Merc, homie, come on man. Seriously. Come on homie. Some of the conspiracy is real. Anyone who doesn’t know that has their head up their ass. Everyone here knows it, at least to an extent, and that’s where the debate happens. This shit has nothing to do with anything. 

Google is watching us. Yeah. We’ve known that for a long time. Use DuckDuckGo if you feel that strong about it. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That would be a waste of my time

Lemme guess... Google is awful for censoring white supremicists, conspiracy theories, or some other garbage that Republicans think are “free speech”...

It was. 

Posted Images

Just now, oldschool said:

This happens all the time with youtube. Have you ever used it? Searching by title has mixed results no matter the content. As I said you are either impressionable, non tech savvy, or both. The fact it comes up in Google disproves your conspiracy nonsense.

LOL.  Keep reaching. 

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

This is how the right wing sucks in intelligent people.

And how does it even work?  The first few SECONDS show a guy dressed like a douche trying to look cool ("hey guys, I have long hair, a gun, and a leather jacket.  On weekends I drive a motorcycle and wear patches I bought to look like I'm a badass biker").  Then he goes in on obvious biased language vs the left.  

Yeah.  Merc is totally trying to be "open-minded" and centrist.  

@MercaliusJust be honest with people.  You sharing this puts you squarely in the company of the tin-foil hat group.  

Btw - thanks for just sharing a video with zero commentary.  That's always useful.  

Edited by CreepingDeath

14 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

They get way more suckers with stuff like this than they do intelligent people.

True but just because someone is intelligent that doesn't mean that they always thoroughly research everything they come across. Things like this can feel and unless you do the leg work you can easily fall for it.

Lol you folks who’ve had nightmares about Russia for two years calling other folks conspiracy theorists is rich.  Especially when there’s direct proof of every major tech company burying/banning/shadow-banning/manipulating algorithms to favor one political party over the other.  This latest YouTube incident isn’t new.  It’s just a noticeable elevation of an algorithm they’ve been changing for awhile.  It’s affected non political content as well and has been rightfully criticized but it’s comical y’all are LOLing at content creators like you know more about an issue than they do.  These people get paid to understand and game YT’s search parameters, but by all means y’all know more about it than folks with hundreds of thousands if not millions of subscribers.  Many whose entire livelihood depends on knowing how to game the algorithm (even more-so than the quality of content they create)  <span class=?">

Google outright had meetings about not letting Trump “happen” again.  They hindered Gabbard’s campaign during an extremely pivotal timeframe.  Twitter de-listed her from Trending with 100s of thousands of search results while propping up Assad with a fraction of the relevance.  And pretty much every other DNC candidate even though she had the best moment of the night.  And now Twitter suspends Mitch McConnell’s campaign account. 

You’re embracing and excusing Orwellian tactics because it (temporarily) benefits your political preferences.  That is when you’re not hilariously pretending they don’t even exist. 

Edited by Mercalius

4 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

True but just because someone is intelligent that doesn't mean that they always thoroughly research everything they come across. Things like this can feel and unless you do the leg work you can easily fall for it.

Or,.. or,... it just confirmation bias to an already set perspective.  We tend to research more diligently things as they move farther from our central beliefs and vice versa.

2 minutes ago, begooode said:

Or,.. or,... it just confirmation bias to an already set perspective.  We tend to research more diligently things as they move farther from our central beliefs and vice versa.

Could be. But everyone starts down the right wing rabbit hole somewhere. Before you know it Dave Rubin and Candace Owens start to sound reasonable. Next thing you know you're at a Trump rally wearing overalls but no shirt despite working a desk job and never having stepped out of the city in your whole life. 

3 hours ago, Mercalius said:

Lol you folks who’ve had nightmares about Russia for two years calling other folks conspiracy theorists is rich.  Especially when there’s direct proof of every major tech company burying/banning/shadow-banning/manipulating algorithms to favor one political party over the other.  This latest YouTube incident isn’t new.  It’s just a noticeable elevation of an algorithm they’ve been changing for awhile.  It’s affected non political content as well and has been rightfully criticized but it’s comical y’all are LOLing at content creators like you know more about an issue than they do.  These people get paid to understand and game YT’s search parameters, but by all means y’all know more about it than folks with hundreds of thousands if not millions of subscribers.  Many whose entire livelihood depends on knowing how to game the algorithm (even more-so than the quality of content they create)  <span class=?">

Google outright had meetings about not letting Trump “happen” again.  They hindered Gabbard’s campaign during an extremely pivotal timeframe.  Twitter de-listed her from Trending with 100s of thousands of search results while propping up Assad with a fraction of the relevance.  And pretty much every other DNC candidate even though she had the best moment of the night.  And now Twitter suspends Mitch McConnell’s campaign account. 

You’re embracing and excusing Orwellian tactics because it (temporarily) benefits your political preferences.  That is when you’re not hilariously pretending they don’t even exist. 

You never answered my question: of the people who searched for this video what do you think the percentage was that did so on Google versus YouTube? 

4 hours ago, Mercalius said:

The tin foil is strong with this one.

51 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

You never answered my question: of the people who searched for this video what do you think the percentage was that did so on Google versus YouTube? 

You’re itching for me to guesstimate an answer - involving a ratio with the most popular search engine and video hosting site on the Internet, both of which have some of the most downloaded and used apps across both Android and IOS?  Uhhh, pass? 

I will say like (I’m guessing) most people these days, when I want to watch a YouTube video it’s way more likely than to be on my phone than on a desktop/laptop and in this scenario the app is always the primary method.  So for the purposes of wanting to seek out and watch a video on YouTube, I’m sure there are tons of people that only use the site/app exclusively.  

Edited by Mercalius