Sign in to follow this  
BeedoeLaw

Ramsey Bussin With The Boys

26 minutes ago, TampaTitan said:

The suck your dick stuff was hilarious and as weird as it is it sadly makes perfect sense after Lewan explained it lol. He's just trying to weird guys out and get in their heads. Big burly football players having to be around a big "gay" left tackle for 4 hours on Sunday, it's gonna mess with them. He's clearly not gay. 

Yeah. That shit isn’t common. The shit said on the field is weird as fuck. I thought it was funny. The more shocking part was the players who actually believed it. 

16 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

Interested to hear @Mythos27 's thoughts on Ramsey after this episode of BWTB.

He's honestly been growing on me for a while now. I found him very entertaining on they podcast. If he could cut out some of the negative body language and punkish behavior on the field I'd like him even more. He's more of a "can't tell me nothing" type of dude rather than a bad guy though so I can deal with that. I wouldn't mind him as a Titan now.

I will say that in his own words he was pretty grimey in college which is what I picked up on at the time, but has since grown up some.

No one in their right mind wouldn’t want Ramsey on the roster. Excellent player. Can he tone down some of his stuff? Sure, but teams full of choir boys don’t win championships and nothing he has done is bad. 

I see Ramsey in the same vein as Cortland Finnegan:    everyone else hates him, but fans of his team love him.    The big difference being that Finnegan was a completely different guy off the field, whereas Ramsey is what he is.

It's only natural for a player to want to play for his hometown team...but at this point, I suspect JRob would rather extend existing players as opposed to bringing in outside talent.   I doubt the Titans would offer the kind of money Ramsey is expecting.

10 minutes ago, nine said:

I see Ramsey in the same vein as Cortland Finnegan:    everyone else hates him, but fans of his team love him.    The big difference being that Finnegan was a completely different guy off the field, whereas Ramsey is what he is.

It's only natural for a player to want to play for his hometown team...but at this point, I suspect JRob would rather extend existing players as opposed to bringing in outside talent.   I doubt the Titans would offer the kind of money Ramsey is expecting.

I don’t know why not. We’ve made Lewan and Byard the top two paid for their position. If things don’t work out with Mariota we should be pretty flush with cap space. 

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I don’t know why not. We’ve made Lewan and Byard the top two paid for their position. If things don’t work out with Mariota we should be pretty flush with cap space. 

He also paid Butler top dollar at CB and Saffold at G.  So he's not opposed to doing this for outside talent as well.

3 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Who's the odd man out if we do pursue Ramsey? Ryan, Butler, or Jackson?

Ryan's a FA after this year.  Butler's contract is more manageable after this year.  Jackson is still on his rookie deal but they'll probably pick up his (expensive 5th year option).  I'd say Butler but a case could be made for Jackson if he doesn't improve at all.

2021 is a long ways away though.  Things could be totally different across the NFL and with Ramsey.    I am confident he'll take market value - he'd be 26 or 27 and his first big payday. 

1 hour ago, nine said:

The game where they had Cortland  miced up against the Colts was hilarious. The Colts TE was telling him that he was trying to like him but couldn't after he gave him a shot at the end of a play and Finny's response was don't bother, I'm not a likeable guy.

Edited by No1TitansFan

6 hours ago, TampaTitan said:

The suck your dick stuff was hilarious and as weird as it is it sadly makes perfect sense after Lewan explained it lol. He's just trying to weird guys out and get in their heads. Big burly football players having to be around a big "gay" left tackle for 4 hours on Sunday, it's gonna mess with them. He's clearly not gay. 

I used to play in a semi-pro league a few years ago and there was this one DT that played on a pretty good team that was a known junk grabber. We played them and he actually grabbed my boy Goody's junk and no parts of 6'8" 320+ pounds of Goody had any answer for what to do with this dude (probably about 6'0" 215ish) immediately after the play. Dude just jogged off the field trying to process what had just happened to him audibly murmuring "that motherfucker just really grabbed my balls and held on". I've never laughed so hard in my life. He actually ended up trying to fight the kid a play or so later but I've never seen a dude that big be so bewildered by something. Turns out nut-grabber actually went to my HS a few years after a graduated, wasn't gay at all, and had apparently been pulling that type of shit since HS. Some guys are just wired differently.