OILERMAN

"Moscow Mitch" falls and breaks shoulder.Womp womp

OILERMAN   

Al Franken has a podcast and he recently talked to someone who has covered McConnell since the early 70s

He's as big a piece of shit as you could imagine 

OzTitan   
38 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

@OzTitan

Could you shed some light on the above situation? What are the implications if true? 

If this is based on whose photo was on this guy's site then I wouldn't necessarily assume those people followed his email advice - he seemed to offer various services for digitizing electoral processes and insights, so even if they did use him it may not be related to using Yandex to avoid USIC scrutiny.

If they did though then Russian intelligence most certainly has their data, yes. The advice includes encryption using an online service (vs local tools installed on your device, which is avoided due to "looking suspicious" to authorities), and decrypting that may not be trivial depending on how well it was encrypted. At the end of the day though all major intelligence agencies in the world would have some encryption breaking capability so it would want to be state of the art rock solid.

The online service they recommend to encrypt would have access to the data before encryption, which is a detail the author neglects to cover. That and Tor is not necessarily guaranteed to avoid attribution.

I feel I'm missing a piece though regarding why a GOP tech consultant would be advising how to bypass FISA and US law enforcement scrutiny in the first place. Who is this aimed at, and being so in open about it?

Edited by OzTitan

begooode   
12 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Al Franken has a podcast and he recently talked to someone who has covered McConnell since the early 70s

He's as big a piece of shit as you could imagine 

I heard another podcast last month on McConnell. He’s never been liked very much throughout his life, which is odd in elected politics. But he’s learned to be very effective in a cold calculating way. 

begooode   
17 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

I feel I'm missing a piece though regarding why a GOP tech consultant would be advising how to bypass FISA and US law enforcement scrutiny in the first place. Who is this aimed at, and being so in open about it?

GOP ain’t much about the rule of law these days.

reo   
4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Don't forget. Last year there was a group of Republican Congressmen and Senators that went to russia to meet with them.

OzTitan   
2 hours ago, begooode said:

GOP ain’t much about the rule of law these days.

I'm disturbed by how matter of fact and nonchalant it reads. Despite being online it is clearly running under some security-by-obscurity model where it assumes only those who are involved would bother accessing and reading it. I assumed that changed at some point given it is offline now.

I don't pretend to believe this sort of attitude is not around in all parties but the fact this guy is openly promoting this with his name against it is amazing. He'll probably regret it now it is getting attention but what sort of culture enables that to begin with.