Players sticking out so far in camp.

kyle021

I’m going to list 5 players who I think are having great camps. Some more quiet than others. Some not so quiet due to their position and draft status. 

1) Corey Davis - The dude is abusing people everyday in camp and not a day goes by we don’t see a highlight reel type of catch. He is a man among boys out there and nobody has been able to cover him. 

2) Marcus Mariota - out of 8 days he has had one off day. Everything reads as if he is heading in for a breakout year in year 5 which is also a contract year. Oilerman hates this, but I love it. His coordinator has seen him work in 3 diff systems and in his 4th he is basically making a playbook out of everything he has done well since he has been in the league from the 3 different systems he was in. How do you make him better in his 5th year? Take away the shit he has been bad at in those systems and keep the good and build around it. Adding some muscle and weight surely seems to help. So does a yearly salary of 20+ million looming large. 

3) Adam Humphries - Big ticket FA WR. Exactly the type of WR that fits what MM does best and we haven’t had. Have you seen those routes? Have you seen how quick and fast and precise this man is? I was skeptical of how excited people were but after watching him dust our corners consistently and pluck away everything in sight and just how quick and fast he is... It’s no wonder NE wanted him that bad. He would have seen 100+ catches and 1200+ yards and double digit TD’s up there. Here’s to hoping for the same here bc there is no reason he can’t and shouldn’t. Playing behind Evans and Jackson and Howard in TB and how they were more of a deep ball and vertical offense took away a lot of opportunity for him yet he still put up banging numbers at a position that came last in TB and likely comes 2nd here if not the primary option half the time. So far he looks like he is worth every penny just from camp alone. Davis is going to free up the middle for him and Walker is going to take away a lot of that as well. This dude is a baller. 

4) Harold Landry - He is bigger and just as fast and has added some juice to his pass rush. He is on track for some big numbers and a major uptick in playing time now that he isn’t behind Rak and Morgan. That speed rush is beautiful. Throw in a spin move and it’s a wrap. He apparently was taking off some heads in the scrimmage today. I can’t wait to hear about him in the NE scrimmage. 

5) Alex Barnard - This guy likely doesn’t make the roster. He likely is a PS guy unless Chicago plucks him away. He is money in the kicking game. He can punt. He has a huge leg that Succop doesn’t. This is a guy I want to stay around and replace Succop after this year. Not that Succop is bad. He isn’t. He is dependable and damn good. He just can’t hit a FG linger than 55 yards. Hell I don’t really trust him for anything longer than 50 but he has been getting them done the last few years with a decrease in leg strength. I’m worried he may be headed for an off year especially missing camp and fighting a leg injury. I would almost keep Barnard and Succop and let Succop work his way back into kicking shape without rushing him back and let Barnard continue doing his thing. Barnard can play K/P and can also do kickoffs. If there is an injury to Succop or Kern he is great insurance to have. Kickers don’t grow on trees. Ask Chicago and before you laugh at the notion of 2 kickers on the final roster ask Chicago how important a reliable kicker is and if it’s more worth it to have say Bates as the final LB or would you prefer to have someone who can hit that game winning kick?

it was hard putting Barnard over Sharpe but I already listed two WR’s and Barnard shouldn’t be overlooked at all

some other guys who are really having good camps. 

Finch, Wake, Evans, Hooker, Levin, Barnes

Edited by Kyle021

28 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

@Kyle021 what's the latest on that chick you(supposedly) knocked up?

They lost it, were living together and I take it she has settled him a bit.  Don’t recall him come on here lit and spewing like he would a year ago..