Around the NFL Preseason Discussion

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it wasn't for bad Luck the Colts would have no Luck at all. (Sorry, I had to do it)

Antonio Brown leaving the cryo chamber:          

I wouldn't play Tanny another snap this preseason

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Wasn't LaFleur constantly criticized by Warren Sharp (and you) for being too conservative and running too much. 

His favorite players and coaches are always the ones who just left the Titans.  I'd doubt that LaFleur is an exception.

I’ll be the first person to admit that he ain’t no Marcus Mariota, but Lamar Jackson will be a good scrub for us to watch if you keep up with other players around the league. He beat Rivers and took Mahomes to the wire. 

38 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I’ll be the first person to admit that he ain’t no Marcus Mariota, but Lamar Jackson will be a good scrub for us to watch if you keep up with other players around the league. He beat Rivers and took Mahomes to the wire. 

Jackson can't complete passes.  I watched a few mins of their 1st preseason game and there were some bad misses by him.

2 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Wasn't LaFleur constantly criticized by Warren Sharp (and you) for being too conservative and running too much. 

I don't think you have been listening to OMan's whining.  The reason he was conservative and running too much was he was shackled with a shitty QB.  Injured QB is more like it but they want to ignore it.

4 minutes ago, 8MM said:

I don't think you have been listening to OMan's whining.  The reason he was conservative and running too much was he was shackled with a shitty QB.  Injured QB is more like it but they want to ignore it.

I'm pretty sure Sharp showed that LaFleur ran too much even when accounting for how bad the Titans were at passing last year. 

Maybe he was too conservative or maybe Vrabel forced him to run more. We'll see.

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

Maybe he was too conservative or maybe Vrabel forced him to run more. We'll see.

It's very disheartening if Vrabel is interfering with the playcalls.  Maybe reports that Lafluer and Vrabel got into shouting matches had something to do with it. 

23 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Jackson can't complete passes.  I watched a few mins of their 1st preseason game and there were some bad misses by him.

I saw one wobbly pass that was a tough catch, they just mostly talked about his rushing. It’s a passing league so if you cannot throw?  But if his ceiling is Vick, he could have a helluva career. 

1 hour ago, 8MM said:

It's very disheartening if Vrabel is interfering with the playcalls.  Maybe reports that Lafluer and Vrabel got into shouting matches had something to do with it. 

No way to tell what happened here by what happens in GB. 

13 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I saw one wobbly pass that was a tough catch, they just mostly talked about his rushing. It’s a passing league so if you cannot throw?  But if his ceiling is Vick, he could have a helluva career. 

Vick had a cannon for an arm.

I don't think Jackson can make that claim.

6 hours ago, Titans279 said:

LaFleur has a long record working with QBs during his NFL career RGIII, Cousins, Matt Ryan and Goff. All did very well under him. There is one outlier that didn't do well under LaFleur. The Hawaiian Tebow. Gee I wonder. 

LaFleur was saddled by MM and I also believe Vrabel was the one going conservative not Lafleur. 

5 hours ago, scine09 said:

His favorite players and coaches are always the ones who just left the Titans.  I'd doubt that LaFleur is an exception.

I don't give two shits about LaFleuer or how GB does. The NFL knew what his problem was last year and that's why he got a head coaching job like I kept saying he would while dummies said he wouldn't. 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

I don't give two shits about LaFleuer or how GB does. The NFL knew what his problem was last year and that's why he got a head coaching job like I kept saying he would while dummies said he wouldn't. 

Yeah, it's rare for an unsuccessful coach to get a HC job.  Usually, it all the playoff coordinators teams go after.  MLF got one of the league's elite franchises with a first ballot HOF QB.  I think you are 100% correct, they didn't blame him for last year.

Edited by Number9