Number9

USA has the most SCHOOL SHOOTINGS! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

20 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

You are delusional.  Take away the guns. Your agenda is clear. The bigger picture should be addressing the mentally ill who want to kill even a single human being in the first place. Maybe you would prefer mass bombings? There have been evil people since the beginning of time,  and anyone sick enough that desires to end a human life. Whether it is 1 or 100, will use any tool they can to do so. This is simple common sense..

Nobody wants your gun. What we do want is to not have the continued sale of military type weapons with huge magazines that maximize the kill count when unstable people go off the deep end. Big difference; my loaded handgun is within 8 feet of me as I type this.

3 hours ago, Former_Fan said:

Unbelievable that a human being is capable of such a senseless act.

After all all these years and all these mass murders, how the fuck is it so unbelievable to you people???

3 hours ago, Former_Fan said:

It is a shame the shooter is still alive, and will get a trial. We need to change the punishment laws for murder in this country. Sitting on death row or life in prison obviously does not deter these crimes for some of these monsters. If we want to have a serious talk about stopping these tragedies, this has to be part of the conversation.

We need to pass serious gun control. The GOP policy of intentionally doing nothing in order to protect their NRA master is only making things worse.

Shooter was a white nationalist.

Horrible piece of shit. I definitely endorse never saying his name or posting/reading his manifesto. That's the kind of shit he actually wants.

It is true that mainstream politicians and commentators are essentially putting out white nationalist messages on the regular. Build the wall, reduce immigration to almost nothing (Norway is fine of course!), ban Muslims from entering the country (which yes, is illegal but it was Trump's platform) are all white nationalist ideals so.........

Edited by Titans279

10 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

After all all these years and all these mass murders, how the fuck is it so unbelievable to you people???

We need to pass serious gun control. The GOP policy of intentionally doing nothing in order to protect their NRA master is only making things worse.

This is not about the NRA. This is about protecting the Constitution and the Second Amendment. Law abiding gun owners should not be penalized for the actions of sick criminals. Gun control will do nothing but embolden these criminals and make the general population defenseless. And don't come at me with that assault weapons bullshit. Most any gun can inflict mass casualties. I'm still waiting for someone to address the root cause of these killings, instead of the tools used. Continue to make excuses to fulfill your agenda. 

23 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

Nobody wants your gun. What we do want is to not have the continued sale of military type weapons with huge magazines that maximize the kill count when unstable people go off the deep end. Big difference; my loaded handgun is within 8 feet of me as I type this.

Wouldn't it make more sense to address the people who go off the deep end in the first place? A handgun can take out 20 people just as effectively as a semi automatic rifle. A reload only takes seconds. And unless a weapon is fully automatic, it is not "military style ". Our military would never go into combat with a semi-automatic rifle. 

Just now, Former_Fan said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to address the people who go off the deep end in the first place? A handgun can take out 20 people just as effectively as a semi automatic rifle. A reload only takes seconds. And unless a weapon is fully automatic, it is not "military style ". Our military would never go into combat with a semi-automatic rifle. 

With a population of over 300 million people you are never going to come up with a mental health screening apparatus that's not going to have holes in it; especially if you want to maintain civil liberties; if handguns are just as effective why do swat teams arm themselves with assault type weapons? Why not do both, improve mental health screening and also try and employ some sensible firearm regulations?

10 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

With a population of over 300 million people you are never going to come up with a mental health screening apparatus that's not going to have holes in it; especially if you want to maintain civil liberties; if handguns are just as effective why do swat teams arm themselves with assault type weapons? Why not do both, improve mental health screening and also try and employ some sensible firearm regulations?

I agree it would be impossible to screen the entire population. A start would be screening social media for obvious signs, as it appears is the case with this killer. Too much radicalism on both sides. What are sensible firearm regulations to you? Ones that would help curtail events such as this without taking away law abiding citizens rights? There are some obvious firearms regulations like extended background checks and longer waiting periods to allow for more detailed background checks, including looking at applicants social media for red flags. Another thing is gun owners not locking up their guns around kids, or irresponsible people. Owning a gun is a huge responsibility and liability, and there absolutely are a lot of people in this country who have no business owning one.

6 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I love that they use such grave tragedies as political points.

Then they speak about the morality of others.

Yet, call out a city for being a breeding ground for murderers and criminals and it's somehow one of the worst things you can do. 

Dems are currently celebrating a mass shooting while simultaneously using it as ammo. 

#MAGA

Holy shit. When I read about this I shed a tear. Seriously. Get some help you fucking pos. 

4 hours ago, Rogue said:

I largely agree, except national rhetoric from leadership does have an effect on people.  I'm not saying this was a Trump supporter, but as an ideal, you don't want leadership that has a knack for emboldening the crazies.  

Ultimately, this is the fault of the shooter, but, I don't know, maybe society is responsible as well. It seems a fair amount of these shootings are from younger people.  

We are the third largest population on the planet, and we're a fraction of China and India.  How have they managed less of these instances than us?  Is it gun control or is it something else?  Something we have missed?

Whatever it is, Democrat or Republican, we have failed at something. 

China and India don’t have over 500 million firearms in their citizens’ hands. Start from there. Then think about the fact it’s almost impossible to remove those weapons. Then resign yourself. Things can be done to help, but Pandora’s box is wide open. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

3 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

At the least their should be mandatory and rigorous training. It’s never too late to start.

2 hours ago, Former_Fan said:

This is not about the NRA. This is about protecting the Constitution and the Second Amendment. Law abiding gun owners should not be penalized for the actions of sick criminals. Gun control will do nothing but embolden these criminals and make the general population defenseless. And don't come at me with that assault weapons bullshit. Most any gun can inflict mass casualties. I'm still waiting for someone to address the root cause of these killings, instead of the tools used. Continue to make excuses to fulfill your agenda. 

What would you consider gun control? 

OzTitan   
3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

And you can properly fuck off. 

Uh, it was mocking the attitude of those who are enjoying the divisive environment there is now - "winning" being one of their slogans. There is no winning going on, not when the US has such a bad domestic terrorist problem being fed by this environment.

5 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

Uh, it was mocking the attitude of those who are enjoying the divisive environment there is now - "winning" being one of their slogans. There is no winning going on, not when the US has such a bad domestic terrorist problem being fed by this environment.

I know what you were doing, OZ. We just lost people to a massacre. You don’t have to make the point. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

2 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

As soon as he said a handgun was just as effective it was obvious he has no idea what he’s talking about.