Amy on the Future of Nissan Stadium

Jonboy

29 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I hadn't reached your post before I replied.  The age factor is a real part of this and the changing dynamic of Nashville/surrounds.  Nashville is becoming two cities.  The inner core and the rest of Nashville/plus surrounds.  The experience of coming into downtown is so different now than it was then.  I used to park free on the downtown side of the river.  The last game I attended, I saw some signs that said $35 to park.  When they first came, my tickets were not much more than that if that much.  I also was making more money/as were a lot of other people surrounding Nashville.

You were making more money in 1999 than you are now?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vrabel said he’d cut his dick off. Step up your game. 

She may be like her father in some ways, but when it comes to how she runs the Titans organization it seems as if a paternity test is in order...

* Greek   I'm all for the Miami treatment if that will create some shade

Posted Images

On 8/3/2019 at 2:59 PM, No1TitansFan said:

Will say this, on a warm night, there's something to be said for sitting in the upper deck on the east (visitors) side of the stadium and see the downtown skyline lit up and watch the boats going up and down the river; they would lose that. 

Good point.....until we get a QB worth watching, we need to keep the skyline and river views.

1 hour ago, Supernope said:

What does this mean?

I'm pretty sure that's it's code for pussy (flower) and weed (pot)!

20 hours ago, Denali said:

Fuck building a new stadium.

I'm tired of new stadiums being popped out every few years.  I like tradition and history. 

Football is a game of tradition and history.

It's getting old(new).  They are fleecing cities for what is an entirely new phenomenon.  I remember watching the great 49er teams playing at candlestick.  It was kinda odd seeing the funny field, but after a little while it was about the game.  Now, teams that are nowhere near as good want new stadiums to 7-9 in.  BS.

Edited by Number9

18 hours ago, Denali said:

I'm tired of new stadiums being popped out every few years.  I like tradition and history. 

The first thing we can both fully agree on.  Vivint Smart Home arena built in the early 90s was really showing it's age with ugly green  worn down seats and a scoreboard with no LCD screen and instead of building a new one as many people demanded. They just renovated it inside and out to make it practically feel like new and modern but still retaining it's history. I much prefer that then spending needlessly to build a new Arena/Stadium with butthole sphincter opening roofs. (Mercedes Stadium Atlanta) 

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

It's getting old(new).  They are fleecing cities for what is an entirely new phenomenon.  I remember watching the great 49er teams playing a candlestick.  It was kinda odd seeing the funny field, but after a little while it was about the game.  Now, teams that are nowhere near as good want new stadiums to 7-9 in.  BS.

AAS is ahead of the curve on this. Thankfully Bud isn't still running the organization or we'd be gearing up to watch the Titans move on out of town to another city that's willing to build one of those monstrous complexes. Because he'd definitely be right in the thick of it all.

It's excess to the extreme non-necessity. Why TF does a stadium need what is essentially a small town built around it? Gtfo with bullshit.

On 8/2/2019 at 10:15 PM, NashvilleNinja said:

I'm listening to the podcast of the interview earlier. PK brought up the fact that the organization has had a lot of personnel growth in the time since she took over the team on the administration/non-football side of the organization. Something like 177 people, including coaching not counting players. PK said it was about 74% growth, I think. Amy talked about, just as an example, the team's social media presence. She talked about how when her dad was running the team he had no idea about any of that and how you couldn't really grow something with someone in charge who didn't understand that aspect. I think that was just an example she was giving and was to illustrate a larger point that there was a lot of investing into the growth that the organization had to go through that didn't really have anything to do with the football side of operations. And this was probably even more of a harsh reality when that retarded brother-in-law of hers was running things.

A lot off people probably think that it's just about having the right coach and the right players, but there's a shit ton more that has to go on behind the scenes to have a successfully run organization. Even teams that are winning could find themselves not on the greatest of terms with fans if the non-football side of things aren't worth a shit. Because the moment the team starts losing all those fans the team thinks it has will evaporate at the snap of a finger. And we've seen just how hard it is to get the casual fan re-engaged with the team. Hell, even long time PSL-holders were dropping by the wayside just a short time ago. Idk what that scene is like now. It may still be like that, but the team is back on the upswing it seems so that'll probably come back a bit.

This is a good post and the Skins are a good example of an organization losing the goodwill of the fans because the stadium is not accessible and the game day experience is one of the worst in the league.  

1 hour ago, Bink said:

This is a good post and the Skins are a good example of an organization losing the goodwill of the fans because the stadium is not accessible and the game day experience is one of the worst in the league.  

Idk what her net worth is but I'm guessing it's a bit less than Daniel Synder's. The way the coaches have been hired/fired and the players that have been signed in the ways that they've been signed are the things that everyone looks at first. But even when the team is playing better, a bad game day experience will keep people away. The Titans haven't finished worse than 9-7 since 2015 and we're still bitching about opposing fans taking over certain games and empty seats in other games. And this is considering all the improvements the team has made in the last few years since AAS took over. It apparently takes a lot of time to recovery from being a league basement dweller and to change opinions back around to the positive.

When even the hardcores are wavering you've got problems. The Redskins are a lot more storied than the Titans are so the fact they're having these problems is inexcusable even without the example that Amy has set and are pathetically laughable when you compare what she's done with less. The Redskins supposedly have over 500 employees, although 40 have left en masse recently apparently due to a "terrible culture", and this is what the organization looks like. In that article it blames the president of the team, rather than Snyder, but Snyder is the one who hired him and keeps him employed. So who's really to blame when the person who could do the most to change things doesn't do anything?

The Titans may still have their problems, but we really should be on our knees in prayerful thanks that Amy is the controlling owner now. Imagine how bad it would be if Tommy Smith still ran things. I probably wouldn't even give a shit about the team right now if things were still status quo circa 2014.

3 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Idk what her net worth is but I'm guessing it's a bit less than Daniel Synder's. The way the coaches have been hired/fired and the players that have been signed in the ways that they've been signed are the things that everyone looks at first. But even when the team is playing better, a bad game day experience will keep people away. The Titans haven't finished worse than 9-7 since 2015 and we're still bitching about opposing fans taking over certain games and empty seats in other games. And this is considering all the improvements the team has made in the last few years since AAS took over. It apparently takes a lot of time to recovery from being a league basement dweller and to change opinions back around to the positive.

When even the hardcores are wavering you've got problems. The Redskins are a lot more storied than the Titans are so the fact they're having these problems is inexcusable even without the example that Amy has set and are pathetically laughable when you compare what she's done with less. The Redskins supposedly have over 500 employees, although 40 have left en masse recently apparently due to a "terrible culture", and this is what the organization looks like. In that article it blames the president of the team, rather than Snyder, but Snyder is the one who hired him and keeps him employed. So who's really to blame when the person who could do the most to change things doesn't do anything?

The Titans may still have their problems, but we really should be on our knees in prayerful thanks that Amy is the controlling owner now. Imagine how bad it would be if Tommy Smith still ran things. I probably wouldn't even give a shit about the team right now if things were still status quo circa 2014.

100%. AAS has really stepped up and I'm glad we have her. 

On 8/4/2019 at 6:54 PM, Denali said:

Especially football stadiums. Not to repeat what I said earlier but at least with a baseball stadium you can be creative. At the end of the day all football stadiums are basically the same thing.

On 8/4/2019 at 2:20 PM, Number9 said:

I hadn't reached your post before I replied.  The age factor is a real part of this and the changing dynamic of Nashville/surrounds.  Nashville is becoming two cities.  The inner core and the rest of Nashville/plus surrounds.  The experience of coming into downtown is so different now than it was then.  I used to park free on the downtown side of the river.  The last game I attended, I saw some signs that said $35 to park.  When they first came, my tickets were not much more than that if that much.  I also was making more money/as were a lot of other people surrounding Nashville.

Wwelcome to to the real world.