Sign in to follow this  
T-RAC

Reagan was a piece of shit, just FYI

1 hour ago, Little Earl said:

Reagan inherited a misery index of 19.99%, and when he left office it had dropped to 9.72%.  Under Reaganomics, 16 million new jobs were created.

Not gonna let that slide.  Monetary policy was already on the mend with the policies of Paul Volcker and the independent Fed, not the political fiscal policies of the day.

Edited by begooode

21 minutes ago, begooode said:

Not gonna let that slide.  Monetary policy was already on the mend with the policies of the Paul Volcker and the independent Fed, not the political fiscal policies of the day.

That involves looking past just the initial number. They can't do that.

These same retards blame Obama for the deficit when Bush signed the stimulus into effect a month before Obama took office.

52 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Reagan was re-elected as President with the largest electoral college victory in US history.  Only a libtard would find that meaningless.

K. FDR had him beat on % of electoral votes. Regardless, good job on winning a successful campaign. Wish he did a better job as POTUS.

He changed the course of the Cold War through the Reagan Doctrine, and played a key role in ending the cold war.

All that money to support rapists, murderers, terrorists and dictators and yet 35 years later, Russia still has nukes pointed at us.

He introduced the Strategic Defense Initiative, which paved the way to give the US a competitive advantage in the field of missile defense.

Did it work? Pretty sure we're still banking on 'mutually assured destruction' to survive.

His economic policy resulted in a considerable decrease in unemployment and inflation.  Reagan inherited a misery index of 19.99%, and when he left office it had dropped to 9.72%.  Under Reaganomics, 16 million new jobs were created. Reaganomics led to one of the largest peacetime economic booms in US history. 

1980 families living in poverty 10%; 1988 families living in poverty 10%; 1980 share of wealth held by top 1% = 10%; 1988 share of wealth held by top 1% = 15%. 

Reagan took unprecedented firm action when PATCO went on strike.

Unprecedented in that Reagan took a shit on his own working class supporters. Trump seems to be living up to that one in his treatment of American farmers.

He introduced strict legislation for drug offenses.

Assuring the prosperity of organized crime and a way to fund his own illegal projects.

All in addition to being a racist piece of shit.

6 minutes ago, MadMax said:

He was a good enough actor to make people believe he was an actual president.  I'd say that was a pretty damn good performance.

Oh yea, although that crowd is pretty easy to convince 

Trump is drooling on himself while lying and not having a clue and they cheer every word 

7 hours ago, WG53 said:

Little earl totally ignores Reagan's criminal activities. Big surprise  

He also conveniently ignores Reagan signing the Immigration Reform and Control Act in 1996 granted amnesty to illegal immigrants who arrived in the country before 1982 and his 1997 executive order that legalize the status of minor children of parents granted amnesty. 

Seems like Republicans pick and choose what they want to learn from Reagan. 

9 hours ago, Little Earl said:

Reagan isn't God....he was just a great President.

Yet  you love Trump who in many ways is the antithesis of the many things Reagan you loved about Reagan.

"The past few days when I've been at that window upstairs, I've thought a bit of the shining "city upon a hill." The phrase comes from John Winthrop, who wrote it to describe the America he imagined. What he imagined was important, because he was an early Pilgrim - an early "Freedom Man." He journeyed here on what today we'd call a little wooden boat, and, like the other pilgrims, he was looking for a home that would be free.

I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind, it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind swept, God blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace - a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors, and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here.

That's how I saw it, and see it still. How Stands the City?

And how stands the city on this winter night? More prosperous, more secure and happier than it was eight years ago. But more than that: after 200 years, two centuries, she still stands strong and true on the granite ridge, and her glow has held steady no matter what storm.

https://www.nytimes.com/1989/01/12/news/transcript-of-reagan-s-farewell-address-to-american-people.html