Sign in to follow this  
T-RAC

Reagan was a piece of shit, just FYI

It’s worth remembering that Reagan started his 1980 general election campaign with a speech in Philadelphia, Mississippi promoting that old confederate chestnut “states rights”. Philadelphia was where the Mississippi Burning murders of three civil rights workers happened in 1964.

He ran on the southern strategy that Republicans run on to this day.

While I made a lot of money when RR was in office, I admit the USA social service system got slaughtered.

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

While I made a lot of money when RR was in office, I admit the USA social service system got slaughtered.

What do you mean by the USA social service system? Social spending more than doubled while Reagan was president. 

He wasn't even running things towards the end of his term; he was really good on television and he had really good production people that framed him well for what his base wanted to see. People try and say JFK was the first tv president; but Reagan took it to a whole nother level. It actually dumbed down politics and political dialogue; looking good on tv has become paramount over substance.

Reagan was a mixed bag as a president. We did win the cold war and we did stay out of idiot wars and nation building. His energy policies were excellent. 

LBJ used the word "nigger" in the white house and I have no doubt at all that the Clinton's used that word in both Arkansas and the white house. 

That said it was wrong what he said and it was racist. 

Not entirely Reagan's fault but the 1980 election totally polarized the 2 parties and ideologies forever. Prior to 1980 it was not easy to tell the difference between a moderate republican and a moderate democrat. Jimmy Carter was pro life and George H bush was pro choice prior to 1980. 

After 1980 you had to be pro life to be a republican and pro choice to be a democrat and they separated on many other issues. 

Ford was a moderate republican who chose Nelson Rockefeller a liberal to be his VP. His running mate in 76 was Bob Dole another moderate. 

This always comes to my mind regarding Reagan:

Debtor Nation Status: Under Ronald Reagan, the US went from being the world's largest creditor nation to the largest debtor nation in just a few years - and we have remained the largest debtor nation ever since. In 1981, Reagan's first year in office, the US was a net creditor to the tune of $140.9bn. By 1984, that had shrunk to just $3.3bn - and the next year, the US shifted from being a creditor nation to a debtor nation for the first time in almost 70 years. By 1987, the US was a net debtor by $378.3bn - the largest debtor nation in the world. The figure rose to $532.5bn by the end of 1988, when Reagan left office.

5 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The audio is clear, he's a racist piece of shit 

Honest people pretty much knew this before, but it's nice to finally have audio confirmation so we don't just get called biased liberals anymore.