Expectations (glass half full on #8)

BudsOilers

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Given that MM stays healthy and performs better than the last 2 years, I would project a 10-6 record.  It would be 11-5 if Lewan was in the 4 games.   This is coming from a 3/4 filled glass.

Lost in the all out assualt on Mariota 24/7 is budadams legit inconsistency argument. I'll say it again the idea Mariota is a remedial passer ala Young and Locker is laughable. He has shown the abilit

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Huston said:

LMAO, you cats cruise this board just looking for something to be confrontational and silly about dont you. The post wasn't a knock on Wentz or a comparison of the 2, if both of you dumb asses would have actually took the whole conversation into context. It was about redzone success being a product of the play caller, QB and targets not solely the QB that's why IMO redzone success shouldn't be a huge factor in whether Marcus gets resigned, thus I used the Wentz redzone rating from the last 2 years as he just got a new contract. It was the continuation of an earlier conversation I was having.

OK, then WHY should be resigned.  I mean he seemingly does nothing well that would warrant a big money extension.  Why should the Titans give up a 25+ million dollar contract extension?  And don't use the VY "he just wins" excuse.

5 minutes ago, rns90 said:

OK, then WHY should be resigned.  I mean he seemingly does nothing well that would warrant a big money extension.  Why should the Titans give up a 25+ million dollar contract extension?  And don't use the VY "he just wins" excuse.

If he plays well and stays healthy he will get resigned, pretty simple and I dont think they waste another year with a tag either way. We can debate about what playing well means if that's what you want but I'm expecting 24-28 TD  3600 3900 yards. Young couldn't read a defense to save his life or pass well enough even if he could so I dont know why you mentioned him.

Edited by Huston

13 minutes ago, Huston said:

LMAO, you cats cruise this board just looking for something to be confrontational and silly about dont you. The post wasn't a knock on Wentz or a comparison of the 2, if both of you dumb asses would have actually took the whole conversation into context. It was about redzone success being a product of the play caller, QB and targets not solely the QB that's why IMO redzone success shouldn't be a huge factor in whether Marcus gets resigned, thus I used the Wentz redzone rating from the last 2 years as he just got a new contract. It was the continuation of an earlier conversation I was having.

.Bud Adams of using efficiency as a point of criticism for Marcus.  Not simply his production in the red zone.  In terms of % of attempts which resulted in TDs, he was 35th.  Surely you don't think that this should be disregarded when considering whether or not he should be extended.

Edited by abc2330

Just now, abc2330 said:

Bud Adams of using efficiency as a point of criticism for Marcus.  Not simply his production in the red zone.  In terms of attempts which resulted in TDs, he was 34th.Bud Adams of using efficiency as a point of criticism for Marcus.  Not simply his production in the red zone.  In terms of % of attempts which resulted in TDs, he was 35th.  Surely you don't think that this should be disregarded when considering whether or not he should be extended.

Exactly

14 minutes ago, Huston said:

I saw your context and everyone on here knows that offensive production involves many pieces.  Of course, none is more important than the QB and it's been proven over and over and over.  Did Brian Schottenheimer go from idiot to genius as an OC when he went from Mark Sanchez and Austin Davis to Russell Wilson.  How about Josh McDaniels when not with Brady?   QB's get the big money because of the impact they have.

Nobody forced you used Wentz as a comp to back "your view".  Nobody forced you to either use incorrect information because the ACTUAL data doesn't support your view.....If you are going to claim RZ success isn't a huge factor in a new contract, perhaps you should actually find an example that actual supports it. 

RZ success, because it's such as factor in scoring TD's (72% of touchdowns are in the RZ), absolutely will be a huge factor.  If MM fails to dramatically improve in this area, someone else is the starter next year, whether it's Tannehill or a rookie or TBA.  The team is not going to give out a $ 100 M + contract to someone ranked in the 30's in passing TD%.

9 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I saw your context and everyone on here knows that offensive production involves many pieces.  Of course, none is more important than the QB and it's been proven over and over and over.  Did Brian Schottenheimer go from idiot to genius as an OC when he went from Mark Sanchez and Austin Davis to Russell Wilson.  How about Josh McDaniels when not with Brady?   QB's get the big money because of the impact they have.

Nobody forced you used Wentz as a comp to back "your view".  Nobody forced you to either use incorrect information because the ACTUAL data doesn't support your view.....If you are going to claim RZ success isn't a huge factor in a new contract, perhaps you should actually find an example that actual supports it. 

RZ success, because it's such as factor in scoring TD's (72% of touchdowns are in the RZ), absolutely will be a huge factor.  If MM fails to dramatically improve in this area, someone else is the starter next year, whether it's Tannehill or a rookie or TBA.  The team is not going to give out a $ 100 M + contract to someone ranked in the 30's in passing TD%.

Evidently you didnt or you wouldn't be arguing a stance that I didn't make and it wouldn't take 4 paragraphs to do it.

I sure did read what you said about RZ -  it  wasn't all on the QB and that play calling and targets were also factors.  As I said above, that's true but it's not nearly as important as QB play.  Then of course you used Wentz as an example on why RZ play isn't that important for QB contracts, which we all know was incorrect.  I suspect you just threw it out there without looking anything up but I guess you could have intentionally done it. 

A lot of you guys don't want to use any kind of metrics to defend Mariota and we all know why.  It's much easier to cling to a hack like Cian Fahey as opposed to the real world where things like accuracy, points scored, TD%, and Passer Rating matter.