MIKE75

GM Robinson & HC Vrabel Can Build A Winning Franchise With Longevity

2 minutes ago, patsplat said:

It's a good take.  They seem to be legit, and it would be fantastic if they could get it together.

Thanks.

You are right they seem to be legit. I think they are the real deal. All they need us competent play at the QB position. Not sure if Marcus is gonna have a good year or not but it would be awesome if he played well and got over the pesky injuries. If he does play well making it unscathed then he needs to keep playing at the same weight.

I think they have proven they can build the roster the big question now is can they get the QB position stabilized.

5 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

Thanks.

You are right they seem to be legit. I think they are the real deal. All they need us competent play at the QB position. Not sure if Marcus is gonna have a good year or not but it would be awesome if he played well and got over the pesky injuries. If he does play well making it unscathed then he needs to keep playing at the same weight.

I think they have proven they can build the roster the big question now is can they get the QB position stabilized.

Hey MikeTard, how’s Memfrica been treating you lately?

I think they are great. Vrabel needs to stay out of the coordinators way some.. and I thought we would’ve added / swapped out more coaches in the offseason.. but other than that not sure how they can get better. 

Jrob is one of the best talent evaluators in the league, he admits and makes up for mistakes quickly. Dodd is his only real black mark so far... though Lewis could be soon. 

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Is it time for this thread already? 

Actually, yeah. I've not had this much confidence in a Titan HC since before I turned sour on Fisher. JRob fired Mularkey after a playoff win and then wasted no time bringing Vrabel in. That alone should give you reason to be confident in the hire. Then, in his very first year as HC, he kept the show afloat last year in the middle of all the early adversity and helped lead the team to some landmark wins, not the least of which was the punking of the eventual Super Bowl champs. When TF did you ever think you'd see a Titan team beat a Brady & Belichick-led team like that? 

Downplay it as a nothing burger regular season gimme/gotcha against a Patriot team that wasn't operating at its peak if you want, but to me it's a big time milestone/signpost win for a franchise trying to push itself up in the world. To be the best you've got to beat the best and there hasn't been a better best franchise in the last 10 years than the Patriots.

Vrabel is a solid head coach and I fully believe that Robinson is among the top 10 GM's in the league.  I won't derail the thread by commenting why none of that really matters as much as we would like it to.  

9 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Actually, yeah. I've not had this much confidence in a Titan HC since before I turned sour on Fisher. JRob fired Mularkey after a playoff win and then wasted no time bringing Vrabel in. That alone should give you reason to be confident in the hire. Then, in his very first year as HC, he kept the show afloat last year in the middle of all the early adversity and helped lead the team to some landmark wins, not the least of which was the punking of the eventual Super Bowl champs. When TF did you ever think you'd see a Titan team beat a Brady & Belichick-led team like that? 

Downplay it as a nothing burger regular season gimme/gotcha against a Patriot team that wasn't operating at its peak if you want, but to me it's a big time milestone/signpost win for a franchise trying to push itself up in the world. To be the best you've got to beat the best and there hasn't been a better best franchise in the last 10 years than the Patriots.

I meant it hasnt been that long since the last time Mike created this thread.

After three years, I think we have a pretty good idea as to JRob’s acumen. I won’t give him an A+ grade, but he clearly knows what he’s doing and has the organization on the right track...considering the roster he inherited three years ago, I’d give him a B+ at worst.  But his handling of QB position over the next year or two will probably be the defining chapter of his entire career.

Vrabel’s first year left me very optimistic...but year two is the real litmus test to see whether he can improve on his rookie year.

I wouldnt replace either at the moment. Vrabel has been a bigger surprise to me.  I think our defense will be elite and he'll be a big reason for that. Looking back there is some areas Jrob swung and miss on but theres no GM that is perfect. Hes a huge improvement over Webster and Reese.

4 hours ago, Justafan said:

Vrabel is a solid head coach and I fully believe that Robinson is among the top 10 GM's in the league.  I won't derail the thread by commenting why none of that really matters as much as we would like it to.  

But you’ll hint at it!