Sign in to follow this  
NashvilleNinja

Guice & 2020 3rd round pick for Mitch Trubisky

That's what someone has offered me. Would you do this trade? It's a 12 team league that has been a keeper league but is in the process of converting to a dynasty league. We moved from 8 keepers to 12 before the draft.

I'm already pretty much set at QB with Patrick Mahomes, but Trubisky is a nice stable backup. I also have Ben Roethlisberger, so right now I'm QB poor. But how long Big Ben stays playing at a high level remains to be seen. The guy is a walking medical cross, after all, and has been flirting with retirement recently.

My RB, after the draft, are:

Derrick Henry

Marlon Mack

Miles Sanders

Rashaad Penny

So, there's potential there, but it's largely unproven. And Derrius Guice is as unproven as any of them, maybe even more so given the ACL last year. So I'm straining to see how I'm improving my peace of mind with this trade, other than the 3rd round pick. Guice may wind up being a stud, but he may just as likely wind up a bust.

Guice has supposedly looked pretty good in camp, but he looked good last year too before the injury so idk.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

You have Mahomes. Take this deal running away. You can replace Trubisky. An upside RB is worth way more than a guy you might start for one game in two or three seasons. 

15 minutes ago, Bink said:

You have Mahomes. Take this deal running away. You can replace Trubisky. An upside RB is worth way more than a guy you might start for one game in two or three seasons. 

The one caveat I forgot to mention in the OP is that the commish had considered adding a super flex to the starting lineup along with converting to a dynasty format, but enough people spoke up against it. If we had I wouldn't even have put Trubisky on the trading block, but it will probably be revisited before next season's draft.

Regardless, I've been reading up on Guice a bit and it seems like he's back to his pre-injury form, even if it's still just training camp. He had a lot of buzz last pre-season as the 2nd best back in the class right behind Barkley.

You think the potential superflex next year changes things in your mind or would you still do the trade?

Edited by NashvilleNinja

27 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

The one caveat I forgot to mention in the OP is that the commish had considered adding a super flex to the starting lineup along with converting to a dynasty format, but enough people spoke up against it. If we had I wouldn't even have put Trubisky on the trading block, but it will probably be revisited before next season's draft.

Regardless, I've been reading up on Guice a bit and it seems like he's back to his pre-injury form, even if it's still just training camp. He had a lot of buzz last pre-season as the 2nd best back in the class right behind Barkley.

You think the potential superflex next year changes things in your mind or would you still do the trade?

I mean, superflex sounds like bullshit to me, but if it seems like enough people are against it that is good. Be a loud voice on that side, it basically converts the league into 2QB. Either way I think I do it. Trubisky isn't a world beater. I'd rather roll the dice on the rules staying the same and you getting value (only you can know how close that was). 

Still you have literally the best QB asset in redraft and dynasty. Switching an asset for a position of strength is good. You can always deal for a QB later. Guice is worth it IMO

3 minutes ago, Bink said:

I mean, superflex sounds like bullshit to me, but if it seems like enough people are against it that is good. Be a loud voice on that side, it basically converts the league into 2QB. Either way I think I do it. Trubisky isn't a world beater. I'd rather roll the dice on the rules staying the same and you getting value (only you can know how close that was). 

Still you have literally the best QB asset in redraft and dynasty. Switching an asset for a position of strength is good. You can always deal for a QB later. Guice is worth it IMO

I was the most vocal against the superflex. It's not that I don't like 2 QB leagues, but the league needed to have been established as such from the get go, especially if you're converting to dynasty. Teams like mine would make out like a bandit in a 2 QB league, but there are other teams in the league that don't have shit at QB at all. And after fully converting to a dynasty format they wouldn't have shit for a good long while, especially in a big ass 12 team league.

I've accepted the trade. 👍

53 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I was the most vocal against the superflex. It's not that I don't like 2 QB leagues, but the league needed to have been established as such from the get go, especially if you're converting to dynasty. Teams like mine would make out like a bandit in a 2 QB league, but there are other teams in the league that don't have shit at QB at all. And after fully converting to a dynasty format they wouldn't have shit for a good long while, especially in a big ass 12 team league.

I've accepted the trade. 👍

Agreed. It's bush league, and you are in a position of strength to argue you that because of Mahomes. I bet dollars over dimes that the commish has two good qbs. 

22 minutes ago, Bink said:

Agreed. It's bush league, and you are in a position of strength to argue you that because of Mahomes. I bet dollars over dimes that the commish has two good qbs. 

He had Wentz and Darnold before we held the draft, so not really. He's pretty damn loaded at RB though with Kamara, Gurley, and Bell. He also drafted Kyler Murray in the draft this year.

I just joined the league last year so I'm still getting to know them. It's possible he's just stupid, but who knows? I was the one won the league championship last year so that actually helps my position of strength too. I had the sneaky suspicion that he may have introduced the idea of a 2 QB league to weaken me a bit/introduce parity because of my having Mahomes (not my fault 17 picks went by before I drafted him), but idk... probably just my imagination.

6 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

He had Wentz and Darnold before we held the draft, so not really. He's pretty damn loaded at RB though with Kamara, Gurley, and Bell. He also drafted Kyler Murray in the draft this year.

I just joined the league last year so I'm still getting to know them. It's possible he's just stupid, but who knows? I was the one won the league championship last year so that actually helps my position of strength too. I had the sneaky suspicion that he may have introduced the idea of a 2 QB league to weaken me a bit/introduce parity because of my having Mahomes (not my fault 17 picks went by before I drafted him), but idk... probably just my imagination.

Yeah, I think it is more about him. Wentz, Darnold, and Murray. Thinking long term, Wentz is only 26. If he ends up being a QB1, even borderline, that's an asset to start with Murray (potentially being big) on the bench. I don't think it's malicious, but I would still hold your ground. I think this deal was a slam dunk. 

Converting from a keeper league to a dynasty league seems pretty unfair.  A dynasty league should be drafted from scratch.

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

Converting from a keeper league to a dynasty league seems pretty unfair.  A dynasty league should be drafted from scratch.

Yeah, but I'll roll with it since I've turned my team around PDQ and it's not my league... lol

And I'll fight the 2 QB thing til I turn in my league membership.