Sports Illustrated ranks Mariota a Tier 7 QB

9 Nines

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/07/29/fantasy-football-quarterback-rankings-patrick-mahomes-andrew-luck-deshaun-watson

27. Marcus Mariota, Tennessee Titans

The next time that Mariota plays a full 16-game season will be his first. While he expects to play at roughly 230 pounds this year, Mariota has missed eight games over the past four seasons. In Tennessee's run-first offense in 2018, Mariota threw for 180.6 yards per game and 11 touchdowns, both of which were career lows. Over the past two seasons, he has nearly as many interceptions (23) as touchdowns (24) and he's just a fringe QB2 at this point.

5 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Cool article bud. I noticed they had Shameis (a guy who got fucking benched last year) above Drew Brees. Tell me more. 

Yeah this article just lost all credibility. Lmao Winston is ass on a lot of different levels.

1 minute ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Its fantasy driven so 7 tiers isn't absurd.

It's fantasy alright. Drew Brees is under Shameis. 

Brees avg 4511 and 31 td in last 3 years. Shameis has never achieved those numbers lol. Brees hasn't had numbers as low as Shameis in 13 years. 

You would have to be a huge idiot to draft Mariota as a fantasy QB this year given his injury history, his performance the last two years, and the open commitment to running the ball. 

I wouldn’t make him a QB2 either. 

Archived