Sign in to follow this  
NashvilleNinja

Maynard Keenan on Joe Rogan

On 7/31/2019 at 7:47 PM, patsplat said:

Finally can stream Tool without some dumbass YouTuber bs on the video.

I honestly never thought I'd see the day when Tool would be made available for digital streaming/purchase.  Really glad it finally happened, but I heard they are making the new album exempt from digital platforms. 

On 8/7/2019 at 8:51 PM, Yoshimitsu said:

I honestly never thought I'd see the day when Tool would be made available for digital streaming/purchase.  Really glad it finally happened, but I heard they are making the new album exempt from digital platforms. 

They put a single up from the new album up so I strongly doubt that. It would make no sense to put up their back catalog on streaming services but not the new one!

On 8/7/2019 at 10:51 PM, Yoshimitsu said:

Nope. On Apple Music the entire new album is there. The new song they just released is the only one you can listen to, and it's the only one that has a name revealed. The rest are just titled Track 2 - Track 10. Once it's released the whole album will be available.

But check THIS shit out. If you're someone who no longer buys physical copies of albums you may want to reconsider that for this album:

https://loudwire.com/tool-fear-inoculum-video-screen-speakers/

According to an official description of Fear Inoculum, the limited edition CD “includes a CD in a tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring a 4" HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, a USB charging cable, a 2 watt speaker and a 36 page insert book and MP3 download card.”

I'll give them one thing at least... you might have to wait forever to get new music from them but when you do it's worth the hell out of it. It's why their fanbase is still as rabid as ever even after a 13 year gap between album releases. You might not get quantity with Tool, but the quality in effort is matched by few others, if any at all.

@NashvilleNinja  I saw them at Bridgestone a few years ago.  Great show and Keenan put the other members of the band front and center.  He was dressed in what looked like a gimp suit and stuck to the shadows at the back of the stage.  Took and Primus brought it that night.  

6 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

@NashvilleNinja  I saw them at Bridgestone a few years ago.  Great show and Keenan put the other members of the band front and center.  He was dressed in what looked like a gimp suit and stuck to the shadows at the back of the stage.  Took and Primus brought it that night.  

Lol The guy definitely has a sense of humor all his own.

Tool's dynamic is unique and rare among rock bands I think. Musicians are often times some of the most neurotic, egotistical, and emotional basket cases you'll ever deal with. The fact these guys can wait 13 years between albums and still cultivate a healthy relationship to each other, let alone be able to come back and create music with each other is phenomenal. Especially given the fact that Maynard has had plenty of success with other projects like APC, Puscifer, and his wine company. Most other front men would think they're too good to sit around waiting for the rest of the band to get their shit together, but he's about as far from the David Lee Roth rock n roll cliche as you can get.