Jonnu tore his ACL

titanruss

https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/ryan-succop-is-on-pup-because-he-s-still-recovering-from-offseason-knee-surgery

Succop article... but at the end there's this:

"In other injury news: I somehow missed a spring report that may have come from more than one source but that I now see from Cory Curtis that Jonnu Smith suffered a torn ACL against the Jaguars on Dec. 6, 2018. An eight-month recovery timetable would take him through July."

Frankly, I'm a bit worried about the receiving/versatile TE position this season. Jonnu will be likely a waste this year and could easily start the season on PUP. Delanie is recovering and really an unfortunate unknown. 

We are attempting to placate some things with humphries/brown for the slot. Adding Ryan Hewitt  - a great Hback /edge blocker and getting Fluellen to add 15 lbs to play some FB will fill the necessary roles... but none of them are a replacement for a multi-faceted TE and as a result we will likely show our hand more than we want.

Firsker/Pruitt have got a big job ahead of themselves.Frisker has the hands but is porr athletically and not a great blocker. Pruit is great athletically and a good blocker but not a good receiving threat. So there's issues. 

I could really see us bringing in some camp cuts or even making a trade for a guy if we feel we have legit chance at a playoff push. 

The Cory Curtis article/report has been around for a couple of months, it was discussed here at the time, the fact no other Titans reporter has verified the report led many to question if Curtis might of misreported the ACL injury instead of the MCL injury that was listed by the Titans.

Quite of few of us here have suspected for a while Jonnu sustained a more serious injury than an MCL tear.

Maybe PK might seek to verify the report now.

13 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Wasn't this debunked back then as an MCL injury of some sort?

Not sure. You'd think he could easily ask cory curtis again rather than just quoting old stuff... and would know the actual truth within the org from talking with Wyatt and all. 

Wyatt is adamant that Jonnu wont be back for a while. 

...and MCL doesnt last this long. 

Maybe I'm just searching.. but it seems this type of article and blurb is a way to announce the info without messing with his reporter friends and sources. 

Edited by titanruss

3 hours ago, Starkiller said:

The NFL has penalties for lying about the weekly injury report, but I guess it’s perfectly legal to lie to the fans about a season ending injury. 

yeah... i think thats an actual loophole. 

penalties that are never enforced.

brady is always on the injury report for nothing.

mariota was on the injury report for the lesser injury

it happens. no one seems to care. 

Edited by titanruss

15 hours ago, titanruss said:

This concern also extends to Casey as well. He was reported as having an MCL injury too. MCL tears are usually only an 8 week ordeal... not 8 months. 

I doubt Casey tore an ACL but if he did the team needs to stop this. It comes off as paranoia & it’s not fair to the players. If Casey tore an ACL that late in the season he’s not going to be effective next year. The fans are going to be leaning into him, it could effect future employment. You just can’t lie about stuff like this.

And frankly WTF are the Titans reporters doing? This should be the easiest thing in the world to find out.

9 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

So this is Mariota's fault!  He changed the play.  Damn that Pineapple chucking bastard!

And to think we thought he was just a shit qb. He is trying to hurt his teammates!

3 minutes ago, Face said:

Did he? I could’ve sworn it was the Houston game.

No it was the Jacksonville game.  Remember he played in the Jets game and couldn’t handle what could have been a TD and that was the week after the Houston game.