AussieTitanFan08

Training Camp Discussion

3 minutes ago, big2033 said:

I know I don't know enough to work for the front office. That's what makes me so arrogant. I KNOW, what I don't KNOW.

So it become a process of elimination. Stats, contract, performance, odds. 

What are the odds telling you on Mariota now? 

I bet it's about the same odds as my arrogant ass figured out months ago because I didn't think I knew how to call plays and judge injuries and o-line issues.

It’s just funny to me is all. I feel as if you think you’re a lot more intelligent than you actually are. 

Edit: I don’t mean that as a personal slight. My bad if it comes off that way. 

Edited by StephenIsLegend

big2033   
3 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

It’s just funny to me is all. I feel as if you think you’re a lot more intelligent than you actually are. 

Edit: I don’t mean that as a personal slight. My bad if it comes off that way. 

LOL it's 100% a personal slight. I'm more intelligent than you so I know this.

VaTitan   
42 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Label it what you want in the end it doesn't cut it. You know it, we know it.

Get past trying to paint Mariota in a positive light and you realize mediocre is far from good enough, it's bad. Mostly because mediocre can't make mistakes ... and when they do ... 

Like what are you even trying to defend at this point? Help me out here.

My point is to call out the false narrative that's being created around Mariota and his play in TC.  I think most here agree that he has to improve, but you can't just make stuff up.  Same goes for the media reporting on "Tone around town", etc...

If he sucks during the game, I'll call him out, but if he's playing 'ok', I'll call it that.  Pretty simple.  IMO people are rushing to prove a point and create a narrative that doesnt exist.....yet.  

Regarding my opinion, I think context is super important regarding Mariota.  This means evaluating his shortcomings, along with injuries and coaching/front office instability that would ruin most QBs.  I refuse to believe the results we see is simply because 'he sucks'.... Some here refuse to factor these things in, but it's what separates the rest of us who think there might be a chance for him to pan out.

rns90   
18 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

My point is to call out the false narrative that's being created around Mariota and his play in TC.  I think most here agree that he has to improve, but you can't just make stuff up.  Same goes for the media reporting on "Tone around town", etc...

What false narrative? Most of the reports have been that the red zone offense under Mariota has struggled for weeks NOT JUST a few practices.  He also didn't look good in the scrimmage or PSG1.  Not sure how all that was "made up"  The stuff about the red zone struggles was reported by A to Z Nashville. 

8MM   
3 hours ago, big2033 said:

I know I don't know enough to work for the front office. That's what makes me so arrogant. I KNOW, what I don't KNOW.

source.gif

LMAO this sounds like a lot of bad. 

The fact that RT even has to be considered is bad. There's no getting out of this ... Mariota is not playing well enough to end speculation about Ryan Tannehill LOL. It's sad to be honest.

i havent seen a practice. just stating whats been seen/said. i have no qualms with a 31 year old/ 8 year starting vet looking good for a couple of days in preseason when the starter wasnt looking as good... but looking worse than the starter many other times. 

Edited by titanruss

LOL it's 100% a personal slight. I'm more intelligent than you so I know this.

dude, you're really not.  

you talk a lot. you use a laundry list of logical fallacies... and you argue via attrition.

some of which works on the ignorant / less confident but is incredibly transparent to most everyone. 

as for the rest, no one has time to respond to all your rambling nonsense. 

to you, that means you win. to everyone else, ignoring you means we win.

OILERMAN   
6 hours ago, VaTitan said:

I've read every TC report and watched the coach/player press conferences and have not heard this.  It sounds like the offense struggled in the last 1-2 practices, specifically in the red zone, but suggesting that Mariota has been stinking it up over TC is a big stretch.  From what I can tell, it sounds like he's been pretty mediocre overall (still not great btw), but still there's a difference from the way you're describing it...

We were talking specifically about the redzone practices. In the scrimmage after a  terrible redzone session the reports said that MM had done poorly in the redzone for many sessions in a row, this has continued.

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

We were talking specifically about the redzone practices. In the scrimmage after a  terrible redzone session the reports said that MM had done poorly in the redzone for many sessions in a row, this has continued.

Everything I’ve read said both QBs have struggled. 

OILERMAN   
28 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Everything I’ve read said both QBs have struggled. 

The homer podcast have said Tannehill has been better, it's the whole reason there is talk about a controversy. 

Kuharsky said just a few days ago he was watching MM and he saw every flaw Cosell talked about, said he was late on his throws etc.....He said he's never been as low on MM as he is now. Hutton and the other guys said if MM continues to struggle and Tanny keeps looking good through NE then the controversy will become real. 

I guess everyone could be making it up 

big2033   
2 hours ago, titanruss said:

dude, you're really not.  

you talk a lot. you use a laundry list of logical fallacies... and you argue via attrition.

some of which works on the ignorant / less confident but is incredibly transparent to most everyone. 

as for the rest, no one has time to respond to all your rambling nonsense. 

to you, that means you win. to everyone else, ignoring you means we win.

The fact you want to argue with me on a forum about whether or not I'm smarter lets me ... further know ... who's winning.

You guys gotta let go of your personal attempt to "beat" me.

10 A See   

Im interested in seeing Cam Wake play a few snaps. I wanna see what he has and if he's still as good as advertised. We really haven't heard much about him in practice. Also excited to see Finch is still performing. 

I think Derrick Roberson could be a nice surprise. When rewatching the preseason game, he had some high quality snaps. I think he could really surprise us as this year's Finch. 

51 minutes ago, 10 A See said:

I think Derrick Roberson could be a nice surprise. When rewatching the preseason game, he had some high quality snaps. I think he could really surprise us as this year's Finch. 

After Walker got put on IR, there is a very good chance he makes the roster. More likely than not. 

Edited by Starkiller