AussieTitanFan08

Training Camp Discussion

Defense will likely be this team’s strength regardless of what happens with the offensive side of the ball.  

IMO, this year’s defense could be the strongest unit this organization has fielded on either side of the ball since the 2000 season, when the Titans had the league’s #1-ranked defense.   (One spot ahead of the legendary 2000 Ravens D, who had the #2 ranking during the regular season.)

3 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Interested to see how the redzone defense goes against Brady/Patriots this week.

The defense is probably the strongest aspect of the team we have this year. I'm hoping we're top 5 this coming season. If we are we'll be in a lot of games no matter who the qB is.

10 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Ask yourself why he wanted to come here?  It absolutely has something to do with Mariota.  The PT incentives indicate some level of expectation pertaining to opportunity on both his part and the team.

he restructured his deal because its the best he was going to get. if he'd hit free agency with that money, no one was going to pick him up. its that simple. 

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Tannehill has had way more success, including a good redzone practice in the scrimmage. MM by all reports has been bad for a while now

up to the scrimmage... all reports all camp were mariota looked better. ...

then the scrimmage and mariota started hot while RT started cold... but MM for an hour and a half and came back in and was cold. A-Z mentioned that a practice before Mariota and the offense looked bad in the redzone. But failed to mention that RT also had looked bad in the redzone in practice. 

Then PSG #1 where mariota plays against #1s.  RT was playing with #1s against #2s/#3s. RT obviously looked better. Much like Mett/cassel/gabbert looked good against scrubs. 

Thats the entirety of the offseason camp argument. Most media guys had given credit to MM looking better the majority of camp. 

Reports of the last few days = Both looked bad in RZ. and good/bad at times. RT is obviously more aggressive pushing it to TT. Marcus needs to learn from that. 

47 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

I've read every TC report and watched the coach/player press conferences and have not heard this.  It sounds like the offense struggled in the last 1-2 practices, specifically in the red zone, but suggesting that Mariota has been stinking it up over TC is a big stretch.  From what I can tell, it sounds like he's been pretty mediocre overall (still not great btw), but still there's a difference from the way you're describing it...

and after the first 7-8 practices people were talking about how on fire he was. all reporters without biases. 

2 hours ago, VaTitan said:

I've read every TC report and watched the coach/player press conferences and have not heard this.  It sounds like the offense struggled in the last 1-2 practices, specifically in the red zone, but suggesting that Mariota has been stinking it up over TC is a big stretch.  From what I can tell, it sounds like he's been pretty mediocre overall (still not great btw), but still there's a difference from the way you're describing it...

You guys haven't gotten it ... in the NFL ... that's bad. Mediocre overall is bad in the NFL.

Come up to our level. below Andy Dalton is bad. B.A.D. Bad.

1 hour ago, titanruss said:

up to the scrimmage... all reports all camp were mariota looked better. ...

then the scrimmage and mariota started hot while RT started cold... but MM for an hour and a half and came back in and was cold. A-Z mentioned that a practice before Mariota and the offense looked bad in the redzone. But failed to mention that RT also had looked bad in the redzone in practice. 

Then PSG #1 where mariota plays against #1s.  RT was playing with #1s against #2s/#3s. RT obviously looked better. Much like Mett/cassel/gabbert looked good against scrubs. 

Thats the entirety of the offseason camp argument. Most media guys had given credit to MM looking better the majority of camp. 

Reports of the last few days = Both looked bad in RZ. and good/bad at times. RT is obviously more aggressive pushing it to TT. Marcus needs to learn from that. 

LMAO this sounds like a lot of bad. 

The fact that RT even has to be considered is bad. There's no getting out of this ... Mariota is not playing well enough to end speculation about Ryan Tannehill LOL. It's sad to be honest.

Edited by big2033

6 minutes ago, big2033 said:

You guys haven't gotten it ... in the NFL ... that's bad. Mediocre overall is bad in the NFL.

No mediocre is what it is, not bad but not great.  I get that folks are frustrated, but you cant just make up a narrative if the game play doesn't support it.

10 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

No mediocre is what it is, not bad but not great.  I get that folks are frustrated, but you cant just make up a narrative if the game play doesn't support it.

Label it what you want in the end it doesn't cut it. You know it, we know it.

Get past trying to paint Mariota in a positive light and you realize mediocre is far from good enough, it's bad. Mostly because mediocre can't make mistakes ... and when they do ... 

Like what are you even trying to defend at this point? Help me out here.

26 minutes ago, big2033 said:

It’s amazing to me that with all this knowledge you seem to think you have, you’re not working in an FO. 

Thats sarcasm, by the way. 

7 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

It’s amazing to me that with all this knowledge you seem to think you have, you’re not working in an FO. 

Thats sarcasm, by the way. 

I know I don't know enough to work for the front office. That's what makes me so arrogant. I KNOW, what I don't KNOW.

So it becomes a process of elimination. Stats, contract, performance, odds. I go by what I know. I don't try to tread threw the grey area.

What are the odds telling you on Mariota now? 

I bet it's about the same odds as my arrogant ass figured out months ago because I didn't think I knew how to call plays and judge injuries and o-line issues.

Edited by big2033