Jump to content
AussieTitanFan08

Training Camp Discussion

Recommended Posts

8MM   
1 hour ago, rns90 said:

How?  Posting a GIF of that orange imbecile doesn't really address any of the facts.  You usually do this when you have nothing else better to say.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abc2330   
3 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

no there weren't any.  that's my point..he didn't pick Tennessee because of Mariota.  He came here for 1 yr and 7 mill (maybe more).  Proabably the best he was gonna get considering.  Guess he could have waited it out and hoped that some team lost a QB in camp.

Miami made the trade for the draft pics that they got and they felt it was worth the $$ they had to dish out to Tannehill.

 

I guess it's more exciting to try to spin it into some mariota sucks conspiracy theory.  Just connect the dots man.

 

A career starter on the last year of his deal is going to want to put himself in a good position for his next contract.  He didn't have to restructure, he did so because he liked the destination that he was being traded to.  He easily could have denied the request and taken away Miami's leverage in a trade, and forced their hand to cut him and sign wherever he wanted.  He wanted to come here for reasons other than the money he'd be making, or else he wouldn't take a pay cut with incentives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BudAdams   
22 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

no there weren't any.  that's my point..he didn't pick Tennessee because of Mariota.  He came here for 1 yr and 7 mill (maybe more).  Proabably the best he was gonna get considering.  Guess he could have waited it out and hoped that some team lost a QB in camp.

Miami made the trade for the draft pics that they got and they felt it was worth the $$ they had to dish out to Tannehill.

 

I guess it's more exciting to try to spin it into some mariota sucks conspiracy theory.  Just connect the dots man.

He could have forced a release and signed somewhere else as a backup.  He could have gone to the Rams or Chargers, who signed Bortles and Taylor.  Seattle had no backup at the time to Wilson. 

 

He chose to re-do his contract and come to the Titans because of the QB situation, where the opportunity is there to start - either due to injury or play from a QB who the team has no long term commitment too.  It wasn't the money, it was the legit opportunity that he can play and reset his market.  That's because Mariota has not seized the long term deal from the Titans.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

He could have forced a release and signed somewhere else as a backup.  He could have gone to the Rams or Chargers, who signed Bortles and Taylor.  Seattle had no backup at the time to Wilson. 

 

He chose to re-do his contract and come to the Titans because of the QB situation, where the opportunity is there to start - either due to injury or play from a QB who the team has no long term commitment too.  It wasn't the money, it was the legit opportunity that he can play and reset his market.  That's because Mariota has not seized the long term deal from the Titans.

 

 

why would he sign as a back-up when he can get 7 mill this year and have a chance to sign somewhere for more than just a back-up next year.  You did nail it though....he can reset his market next year...that wasn't happening this year and it wasn't happening signing as a back-up.

1 yr deal is also a big part of him coming to Tenn.

He doesn't even need to play to reset his market.  Every team will know he is going to be a FA next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
42 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Interested to see how the redzone defense goes against Brady/Patriots this week.

And how MM does against the Pats redzone defense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

And how MM does against the Pats redzone defense

Not only Mariota but Tannehill as well, both QB's haven't exactly been setting the world on fire against our redzone defense over the last week, at yesterday's practice both QB's had 6 snaps each from the 12yd line, neither of them could get a TD.

 

The obvious concern would be if our redzone defense gets easily shredded over the next couple of days by Brady/Patriots, that would raise some questions on just how good the defense is but also raise further red flags about the offense whoever the QB ends up being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Not only Mariota but Tannehill as well, both QB's haven't exactly been setting the world on fire against our redzone defense over the last week, at yesterday's practice both QB's had 6 snaps each from the 12yd line, neither of them could get a TD.

Tannehill has had way more success, including a good redzone practice in the scrimmage. MM by all reports has been bad for a while now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Tannehill has had way more success, including a good redzone practice in the scrimmage. MM by all reports has been bad for a while now

Way more success would be overstating it judging by the reporting out of practice, the defense has been clamping down on both QB's for the majority of the last week, around the scrimmage it certainly sounded Tannehill was better, for the first 7-10 days of camp Mariota was reportedly better.

 

No doubt its a big couple of weeks for Mariota he simply can't be terrible in these practices against the Patriots and is PSG2/3, otherwise there is a genuine risk of the starting QB job being opened up to a true competition.

 

Right at this minute Mariota hasn't been sufficiently terrible and Tannehill sufficiently good for the starting QB job to change hands, absolutely it might change in the future but we aren't there quite yet.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mythos27   
22 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

That would be the true nightmare scenario for this team.

I'll be labeled chicken little but I'm worried about our corners. Teams will know they can take us deep. The only way will be fine is if our pass rush is better than we've seen and they don't give the opposing offense time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
21 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Will MM get to see the Pats red zone defense???

In the joint practices he will, they start out in the redzone !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...