Training Camp Discussion

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm somebody who tries to make it through every thread, but I just had to give up 8 pages ago; the one thread that shouldn't be a fucking Mariota debate just has to be hijacked by the same usual suspe

Those clips of Humphries are pretty friggin' impressive....very Derrick Mason-esque.   Really quick feet, great balance and body control....the type of receiver who will set up a defender and create s

This is the story of Taywan's life. 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Mike Herndon said MM was better than RT but overall the offense was bad

But honestly they had no skill people and it’s barely more than 7 on 7s

We all know that we don't want either QB to drop back and throw it at the intermediate and deep level at will.  So we are going to look bad during a drill focused specifically on that,  and with passing being the main focus overall.  The hope and realistic expectation is that the running game is good enough and Humphries/Walker/whoever will be effective enough to allow us to throw it on early downs and set up a lot of 2nd -3rd and short and PA.  Not that one of these QBs suddenly becomes something that they are not.

9 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Mike Herndon said MM was better than RT but overall the offense was bad

But honestly they had no skill people and it’s barely more than 7 on 7s

This seems to be the general consensus from the media that was there today.

Would hope that Vrabel is channeling all is his player maintenance program to get as many starters healthy for a full week of practice leading into the Steelers PSG3.

While its highly unlikely you will see a fully healthy team for any long stretch during the regular season, its becoming alarming just how little time the projected starting offense has been on the field as individuals let alone working together as a unit.

Take today as an example there was no Walker/Smith/Henry/Fluellen/Nate Davis who were dealing with injuries/resting, Corey Davis/Brown/Humphries didn't participate on 1v1's and were extremely limited in team drills.

Regardless of who ends up being the QB it is important for them to have as much consistency around them as possible, which simply hasn't happened this offseason so far.

4 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

You take any positive comment about Mariota, or any comment that could be remotely perceived as positive, AS "shit said toward you". You then think it is your mission in life to make people have the same opinion as you about that guy. And when people don't you start carrying on the way you do and we wind up here. Even people who at least somewhat AGREE with your ass are tired of hearing from you. The only one who isn't tired of hearing from you is Oman and that's just because he's jerking off to the discord you and his other mini-mes are causing. Dude's a sadist.

Some have given up on Mariota, some are riding the fence, and some are still behind him. It does not matter who thinks what... it's all just opinions. But some of the people who have given up on him are far more dick-in-your-eye annoying with their insistence that people be absolutely and positively nihilistic about Mariota than the people who are still behind him are or the people who are on the fence. And the poor souls on the fence are just tired of being jabbed in the taint by the fence pole.

No. I take this

17 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

It’s just funny to me is all. I feel as if you think you’re a lot more intelligent than you actually are. 

Edit: I don’t mean that as a personal slight. My bad if it comes off that way. 

Now please ... fuck off. Like why even reply to me for something pages ago? What's wrong with you people?

Edited by big2033

Heard Reese say he concentrated on RG today and said they ran just about everyone (except MIA Nate Davis) thru that position today.  He said they were all dreadful. 

Davenport said on he show that he saw Nate Davis’ last play several practices back and saw him on one knee with Saffold.  Trainer came and took him inside.  His speculation was conditioning or concussion.

46 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

The only one who isn't tired of hearing from you is Oman and that's just because he's jerking off to the discord you and his other mini-mes are causing. Dude's a sadist.

I read Big's posts sometimes 3 and 4 times in a row. He crushes Mariota homers. I told you to apologize and move on 

22 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I read Big's posts sometimes 3 and 4 times in a row. He crushes Mariota homers. I told you to apologize and move on 

Honestly I probably come at them with too much snark and too much assholery so it becomes personal for them. And funny for me ... 

7 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

You're right, I know. I'm sorry he's a retard. I'll move on now.

No you won't. None of you can move on. I don't even have to mention the QB ... because it's way past that with you guys.

Edited by big2033

14 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

One positive out of today is that Conklin is continuing to look like his pre ACL injury self, as we sit here today RT doesn't seem to be the concern it could of been entering the preseason.

As long as Kelly can at least put up a decent fight, assuming Lewan's suspension holds up, we might be ok on the line if this is the case. RG is the one spot to worry about I guess?