Training Camp Discussion

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm somebody who tries to make it through every thread, but I just had to give up 8 pages ago; the one thread that shouldn't be a fucking Mariota debate just has to be hijacked by the same usual suspe

Those clips of Humphries are pretty friggin' impressive....very Derrick Mason-esque.   Really quick feet, great balance and body control....the type of receiver who will set up a defender and create s

This is the story of Taywan's life. 

Posted Images

Above all else you know what this means? 

The MAIN issues with Mariota hasn't been the OL, the WRs, the TEs, the injuries or the coaching staff. Though these are contributing factors the MAIN issue is the quarterback himself and HIS issues which keep him from elevating the talent around him. Like a star QB should. That's what the team wants and they're willing to entertain Ryan Tannehill to get it.

Now just hope he figures it out ... or hope we draft a better one. HOPE. That's what we've got left with Mariota.

Edited by big2033

3 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Above all else you know what this means? 

The MAIN issues with Mariota hasn't been the OL, the WRs, the TEs, the injuries or the coaching staff. Though these are contributing factors the MAIN issue is the quarterback himself and HIS issues which keep him from elevating the talent around him. Like a star QB should.

Now just hope he figures it out ... or hope we draft a better one. HOPE. That's what we've got left with Mariota.

Can you refresh my memory on what QB went thru what MM had to go thru and still looked good? 

3 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Ask yourself why he wanted to come here?  It absolutely has something to do with Mariota.  The PT incentives indicate some level of expectation pertaining to opportunity on both his part and the team.

I see where you're going with this and don't think you're ridiculous to suggest it. However, couldn't it also be as simple as Tannehill knowing that injury prone Mariota will surely miss significant game time this season, thus giving Tannehill an almost guaranteed chance to shop himself to other NFL teams when he is an UFA in 2020? Whether a team is going to make me the next starter or not, I sure as hell would rather sit behind Mariota than a guy like Winston who isn't much better but rarely misses games due to injury. Tannehill must also know that even if Mariota flops and he plays well, the Titans will surely be looking towards the draft and probably won't be willing to pay him what other teams may be willing to in the open market.

1 hour ago, 8MM said:

Can you refresh my memory on what QB went thru what MM had to go thru and still looked good? 

LOL.  What "he went through" was a few games with Whisenhunt as coach.  They saw he was getting hit/sacked and replaced him with Mularkey who lessened the qb hits/sacks.  The Titans immediately retooled/rebuilt the OL in Spring 2016.  Compare to this to guys who have to deal with garbage OL (Deshaun Watson and Russell Wilson come to mind) and end up producing numbers despite the OL.   Don't act like the OL/WR/RB whatever is the only thing holding him back as well.  Oldschool even watched some of his older preseason games and said that the issues that plague him now were always there.  And I'm sure that multiple QB coaches/OC have tried to get him to fix his mechanics but that issue is still there.  

It's always a let's blame (insert unit here) for Mariota's struggles. It's become obvious to most what the problem is.

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

LOL.  What "he went through" was a few games with Whisenhunt as coach.  They saw he was getting hit/sacked and replaced him with Mularkey who lessened the qb hits/sacks.  The Titans immediately retooled/rebuilt the OL in Spring 2016.  Compare to this to guys who have to deal with garbage OL (Deshaun Watson and Russell Wilson come to mind) and end up producing numbers despite the OL.   Don't act like the OL/WR/RB whatever is the only thing holding him back as well.  Oldschool even watched some of his older preseason games and said that the issues that plague him now were always there.  And I'm sure that multiple QB coaches/OC have tried to get him to fix his mechanics but that issue is still there.  

It's always a let's blame (insert unit here) for Mariota's struggles. It's become obvious to most what the problem is.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, 8MM said:

Jesus how many do you want?

Start with just about every QB drafted in the top 5.

Good teams don't draft high.

Edited by big2033

4 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Ask yourself why he wanted to come here?  It absolutely has something to do with Mariota.  The PT incentives indicate some level of expectation pertaining to opportunity on both his part and the team.

what were his options...he's a 30 yr old QB that was gonna get cut regardless.  Miami wasn't paying him and there weren't gonna be any teams at that point looking for a starter.  He gets a decent amount of $$ with some incentives 

where would he have gotten more would be the question to ask.

I think incentives are just part of negotiating a contract and I don't think the Titans are looking to pay as much as they can.

12 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

It's common sense. Mariota has been bad for years now, he's bad in practice(LOL comparing franchise QBs having bad practices) and he was bad in PSG1. They are not going to start him if there is a better option. Why would they? 

The offense has sucked, the main reason is poor QB play. The coaches and Robinson would have to be idiots to keep starting MM, they aren't idiots. 

The joint practices against the Pats will be big imo. If MM continues to be ineffective and RT plays well things could start to swing. Mid Day essentially said the same thing. 

Maybe they are or maybe they aren't... idiots that is....but the only way to end up looking like idiots is starting Tannehill and it not working out.

especially when your boss is paying a shitload to the back up.

they can crash and burn with Mariota and start over next year.