Training Camp Discussion

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

I think the idea they wanted to give Tanny 1st team reps without Mariota alternating makes sense. Is it a sign of something? Sure, it's a sign that the Titans need their back-up QB more reps with the 1st team than a team with an established long term QB would need. Does it mean more, who knows, it's possible. 

It's more than possible they decide Tanny gives them a better chance to win at some point. They have no obligation to MM and they are trying to win. 

In the end, through all the smoke and mirrors, people should feel confident that coaches will play the best player.

And if MM's chances are as thin as missing a practice to his backup ... lol ... he wasn't going to last long anyway. 

So if they really believe this was nothing ... they shouldn't worry. And if they believe this is something ... they shouldn't worry ... right?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm somebody who tries to make it through every thread, but I just had to give up 8 pages ago; the one thread that shouldn't be a fucking Mariota debate just has to be hijacked by the same usual suspe

Those clips of Humphries are pretty friggin' impressive....very Derrick Mason-esque.   Really quick feet, great balance and body control....the type of receiver who will set up a defender and create s

This is the story of Taywan's life. 

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Didnt these yards try to push this same conversation with Matt Casserl and Blaine gabbert? 

If Mularkey ruined MM why are you even worried about it. You should be wanting Tannehill to start over some ruined QB. 

Either he's a good QB or ruined, you're arguing both. 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

If Mularkey ruined MM why are you even worried about it. You should be wanting Tannehill to start over some ruined QB. 

Either he's a good QB or ruined, you're arguing both. 

He ruined his growth path. Didn’t ruin the player just set his development back. 

Its not not that difficult to understand. 

...and tannehill is either better or he’s not.. he’s not even good enough to be ranked by your 55 GMs.. yet you think he’s better. You can’t have both, right? 

2 hours ago, titanruss said:

Didnt these yards try to push this same conversation with Matt Casserl and Blaine gabbert? 

Nope.   Because everyone knew Cassell and Gabbert were replacement-level journeyman types who had no business starting.

(Well, everyone except Joel, who automatically assumes every QB who isn’t Mariota is better than Mariota.)

Tannehill is a far better QB than either of those guys...and based on Mariota’s last two years,  the argument can made  that Tannehill is better than him, too.

5 minutes ago, titanruss said:

He ruined his growth path. Didn’t ruin the player just set his development back. 

Its not not that difficult to understand. 

...and tannehill is either better or he’s not.. he’s not even good enough to be ranked by your 55 GMs.. yet you think he’s better. You can’t have both, right? 

Point one, you specifically said earlier in the thread "Mularkey ruined him". Either he's ruined or he's not. 

Point two which is laughably simple and so stupid for you to mention. Tannehill wasn't ranked because Sando's article specifically said it was a ranking of "STARTING" NFL QBs. Tannehill is a back-up so he wasn't ranked. 

Mariota’s history is relevant because this is the team that drafted him and there’s a whole side that is heavily invested in him, and it cost past coaches their jobs, mishandling him and other personnel. 

It’s far more valuable to the Titans for Mariota to get on course and improve this season, because it’s more confidence inspiring to the fans, the NFL, the view of the Titans within the NFL and thereby improves the team and city’s future. 

If it it all comes together of course. If not they have no choice. But to think they’re folding in on him now before the season has begun? 

Basically, success with Mariota tells better stories and makes the team more money and provides more stability long-term, versus a rookie. There’s no Mahomes 1.1 or 2.0 waiting for us.

Had to skip 6 pages of bullshit because they gave mariota a half day. Can we talk about anything other than mariota. Like how do we think are corners are going to hold up against the talent WR  core of Cleveland week one. It’s gets old with people like Oman constantly bashing mariota or the team on a daily basis. Like we get it, mariota is inconsistent and this a make or break year for him. Wish we would talk about other parts of the team other then the QB.

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Point one, you specifically said earlier in the thread "Mularkey ruined him". Either he's ruined or he's not. 

Point two which is laughably simple and so stupid for you to mention. Tannehill wasn't ranked because Sando's article specifically said it was a ranking of "STARTING" NFL QBs. Tannehill is a back-up so he wasn't ranked. 

yes, i absolutely beleive mariota will not be as good at the end of his career than he would have been if we had hired someone else. his ceiling was ruined. that does not mean he cant still be very good or even great eventually if he stays healthy. 

LOL.. do i need to even respond to this? it's too easy. i'll give it a quick shot...

- So you're saying its the 3rd year in a row Mariota is ranked above Tannehill? 55GMs dont lie!!

- When do they rank 31 year old backup QB's that their team paid someone to take off their hands then? 

2 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Outside of being speculation,  we can never know the truth about, it is meaningless to the situation. 

he asked... i clarified. its best to clarify 187 times when speaking with oman/big. 

he gets confused easily sees things that arent there. 

thoughts and opinions are what the board is about. i'll give mine whenever i damn well want thanks. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic