Training Camp Discussion

I don’t read anything into the day of rest for Mariota.  Occam’s razor.

However...I can absolutely see Tannehill outplaying Mariota in preseason.  And if Marcus gets off to a slow start and the coaches feel Tannehill gives the team the better chance of winning, they’ll give him that opportunity sooner rather than later.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm somebody who tries to make it through every thread, but I just had to give up 8 pages ago; the one thread that shouldn't be a fucking Mariota debate just has to be hijacked by the same usual suspe

Those clips of Humphries are pretty friggin' impressive....very Derrick Mason-esque.   Really quick feet, great balance and body control....the type of receiver who will set up a defender and create s

This is the story of Taywan's life. 

Posted Images

I'm honestly leaning towards this being absolutely nothing. But it's funny watching everything burn ... 

Watching the troll'ing from the "hate Mariota" side and watching the insecurities from the "Mariota just needs help!" side come out.

Edited by big2033

3 hours ago, BudAdams said:

The physical demands in TC for everyone not in a red jersey are far different than for the QB that's off limits from any real contact.  You could be a 100% right but if so it's dumb.  If anyone across the league needs tons of QB reps with the 1st team, it's Mariota. 

Typically, it's the veteran QB at the end of their career that gets the day off.  Like Brady the other day.

The more explainable scenario is that they wanted Tannehill to get some 1st team reps and doing so with Mariota fully participating would get plenty of attention given what a big question mark #8 is.

there is no way to avoid the attention that will be gotten when Tannehill gets reps with the 1s...people are foaming at the mouth about this shit.

It just doesn't seem like something Vrabel would do and I'm sure there are plenty of other ways to get Tannehill time with the 1s that wouldn't draw attention.

cant they take the shit in the bubble?

Mariota getting time off doesn't really make sense...I get that..but teams have changed how they do things and it could point to his job in jeopardy or the fact that his job isn't in jeopardy.  who the fuck knows.

Handling the situation this way really doesn't make sense either...Vrabel can say whatever he wants after practice.  Saying he wanted to see Tannehill with the 1s in the 2 minute really isn't that big of a deal.  He doesn't have to hide shit or try to fool people nor would he.

I guess if it is what he is doing and trying to somehow cleverly try to see what Tannehill has without hurting Mariota's feelings or his fans then it would seem to me we got more issues than what I thought.  We got a bad QB and obviously some weird power struggle going on with JRob vs Vrabel or them 2 vs Amy or something weird going on.

4 hours ago, BudAdams said:

The more explainable scenario is that they wanted Tannehill to get some 1st team reps and doing so with Mariota fully participating would get plenty of attention given what a big question mark #8 is.

They obviously wanted to get Tanny a few first team reps. It's the assumptions as to reasoning behind it that's the issue.

Thankfully nothing anyone around here thinks really matters in the slightest.

3 minutes ago, Dinx81 said:

If Mariota plays 3 quarters it’s because he needs the reps, if he plays one series it’s because they want to see what Tannehill can do. Im already expecting that debate. 

And in the end it doesn't matter.

If MM plays well and stays healthy then he probably gets extended. And fans that dislike him will go quiet until he falters again. At which point they'll come out of the woodwork. That'll continue until he finally does retire or move on then they claim victory and/or vindication no matter how long it takes bc they "always knew".

If he's doesn't do either than they explore other options after the season.

I think most look at preseason through realistic glasses.  There's little to no game planning.  Each team has their own agenda on how long to play first teamers.  PSG3 is traditionally the closest scenario to a real game but even then some teams are just saying we are not playing our key guys at all.  Goff and Gurley literally didn't take a snap in preseason last year for LA.

The key is to get out of the preseason healthy while hopefully creating scenarios for the guys trying to make the team to show what they can do.

I'd expect us to see 90% of the snaps by Woodside at QB anyway.  I cannot see the Titans putting either Mariota or Tannehill in harms way knowing the QB situation.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic