Training Camp Discussion

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm somebody who tries to make it through every thread, but I just had to give up 8 pages ago; the one thread that shouldn't be a fucking Mariota debate just has to be hijacked by the same usual suspe

Those clips of Humphries are pretty friggin' impressive....very Derrick Mason-esque.   Really quick feet, great balance and body control....the type of receiver who will set up a defender and create s

This is the story of Taywan's life. 

Posted Images

Just now, big2033 said:

Like, unless Mariota explodes offensively he should just put his second contract in Davis' hands.

Agreed. We've all asked him to be more aggressive and hopefully that aggression comes in the form of tossing up some 50/50 type balls up to Davis. I mean, his career is literally on the line so if he still doesn't take chances then he just doesn't have that dog in him and I'd be glad to see him walk. 

Just now, Mythos27 said:

Agreed. We've all asked him to be more aggressive and hopefully that aggression comes in the form of tossing up some 50/50 type balls up to Davis. I mean, his career is literally on the line so if he still doesn't take chances then he just doesn't have that dog in him and I'd be glad to see him walk. 

The way everyone's talking about Davis I don't want to see his talent wasted. Then again, eventually Hopkins talent was too great to deny regardless of QB play.

3 minutes ago, big2033 said:

The way everyone's talking about Davis I don't want to see his talent wasted. Then again, eventually Hopkins talent was too great to deny regardless of QB play.

Yeah it's funny because on paper, I agree that Davis is more physically talented than Hopkins (bigger, faster, etc) but so are a lot of receivers. On the field, I don't know that Davis is as physical or aggressive at the catch point. As you said, Hopkins has shown he can produce regardless. I think Corey is going to need a little help from Mariota. 

19 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Yeah it's funny because on paper, I agree that Davis is more physically talented than Hopkins (bigger, faster, etc) but so are a lot of receivers. On the field, I don't know that Davis is as physical or aggressive at the catch point. As you said, Hopkins has shown he can produce regardless. I think Corey is going to need a little help from Mariota. 

Davis averaged 3.1 yard of separation per target last year, significantly more than Hopkins in any season over the past 3 years .  If by help you mean someone who will throw him the ball, then you're right.

7 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Davis averaged 3.1 yard of separation per target last year, significantly more than Hopkins in any season over the past 3 years .  If by help you mean someone who will throw him the ball, then you're right.

It's precisely Hopkins's ability to succeed at a ridiculous rate in contested catch situations that helps him be productive regardless of how "open" he is or how well his QB can throw him open. Because of that, this separation stat is a bad barometer of success in this case. If Corey was as good as D-Hop in this area he'd already be dominating. Mind you this is no knock on Corey as no other receiver in the league is as good as him either and only Larry Fitzgerald has been as dominant from a possession stand-point in recent years. 

On 7/23/2019 at 4:28 PM, IsntLifeFunny said:

If it makes you feel any better he’s high on Taylor. 

6 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Just finished listening to Vrabel's first training camp press conference, he talked glowingly of Davis/Byard, addressed the Lewan situation, talked about Mariota and how he is encouraging him to be aggressive but not reckless with the football.

Poor Dongo, all alone in his retarded opinion about CD.

Two things i'm curious in seeing tomorrow is which 5 guys get the majority of reps with the starting OL.

And then the order at WR, do they start training camp the way they finished the offseason program

Davis

Humphries

Sharpe

Taylor

Brown

Batson

Jennings.

11 hours ago, big2033 said:

Davenport said he's the most talented WR in the AFC South? Seriously? 

there's basically 3 WR who have the brains/skill to be #1's right now... hopkins, hilton, and davis. 

his bigger/faster/stronger than hopkins... hilton is a burner and quicker... but i could see how for typical #1 WR, someone would think he possesses the best physical ability. 

No way is he better than those two yet. 

31 minutes ago, titanruss said:

there's basically 3 WR who have the brains/skill to be #1's right now... hopkins, hilton, and davis. 

his bigger/faster/stronger than hopkins... hilton is a burner and quicker... but i could see how for typical #1 WR, someone would think he possesses the best physical ability. 

No way is he better than those two yet. 

He was only talking about the physical ability.

• Jonboy pinned this topic
  • Jonboy unpinned this topic