Sign in to follow this  
Denali

California city set to ban gendered words like 'manhole' and 'manpower'

I’m not going to read through the whole thread, but I think both sides are incredibly dumb. 

1) why are people so mad they felt the need to change the term “manhole”. Don’t think that word is insensitive at all. Nevertheless, it’s being changed, and I think that’s dumb. 

2) People who are mad it’s being changed: why? How does it affect you? The Berkeley govt can’t stop citizens from calling it a manhole. This seems like a dumb thing to get mad about. 

So let us recap. It’s dumb to change the name. It’s just as dumb to

get mad about the name change. And that’s where we are in America. 

Hey Touched, why can’t you be more like this guy? Instead of sitting in his room all day, I bet he’s figuring out how to kill Arab’s as we speak.

Advanced issues found

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

1) why are people so mad they felt the need to change the term “manhole”. Don’t think that word is insensitive at all. Nevertheless, it’s being changed, and I think that’s dumb. 

Doesn't necessarily mean this came about because of anger or outrage. Raised awareness and social progress happen, especially in places like Berkley. Hard to imagine this decision feels emotionally charged in that community at all. 

Seems like an inversion the old American ethos "socially fairly tolerant, fiscally conservative oriented" to now something along the lines of: "socially perpetually pissed off, fiscally whatever goes"

Im not gonna read through, so instead, I'm just going to assume ppl are mad about this and talk shit on them.  Lol

Edited by JakePA_Titan

5 hours ago, Little Earl said:

spacer.png

You conservatives have no sense of humor. You laugh at the cheesiest things.

Edited by WG53