What Do You Guys Think?

BeedoeLaw

I'm in a 14 team keeper league. I'm trying to choose my keeper. I have narrowed it down to two players. If I keep Mahommes it will cost me my pick in the 4th round. If I keep James Connor it will cost me my pick in the 14th round. I also have the second pick in the draft. I keep going back and forth on this one.

1 hour ago, titanthakur said:

Keep Mahomes, regardless of what it cost you. Learn to spell Mahomes as well. But keep Mahomes as long as you can regardless of cost!!!!

Didn't realize I hit the m twice. Sorry to upset you.

3 hours ago, BeedoeLaw said:

I'm in a 14 team keeper league. I'm trying to choose my keeper. I have narrowed it down to two players. If I keep Mahommes it will cost me my pick in the 4th round. If I keep James Connor it will cost me my pick in the 14th round. I also have the second pick in the draft. I keep going back and forth on this one.

It really depends on your league's scoring rules for me to be 100% certain with my take, but in general it's a no-brainer, imo. Especially in such a deep/large league, I'd say fuck the 4th round pick, keep Mahomes. He's going to be worth far more than whoever you'd get with that 4th round pick and he'd be gone long before that 4th came back around anyway. Connor in the 14th round is a hell of a value for a RB, but unless his fantasy output is at least in the same neighborhood as Mahomes it's kinda irrelevant.

Having said all of that, if your league's scoring rules handicaps QBs to bring their point output back closer to the level of the rest of your roster then maybe it'd be worth it to let Mahomes go back into the draft pool and just keep Connor. But that's the only scenario I'd do that in.

3 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

It really depends on your league's scoring rules for me to be 100% certain with my take, but in general it's a no-brainer, imo. Especially in such a deep/large league, I'd say fuck the 4th round pick, keep Mahomes. He's going to be worth far more than whoever you'd get with that 4th round pick and he'd be gone long before that 4th came back around anyway. Connor in the 14th round is a hell of a value for a RB, but unless his fantasy output is at least in the same neighborhood as Mahomes it's kinda irrelevant.

Having said all of that, if your league's scoring rules handicaps QBs to bring their point output back closer to the level of the rest of your roster then maybe it'd be worth it to let Mahomes go back into the draft pool and just keep Connor. But that's the only scenario I'd do that in.

Yeah, Mahomes put up some serious points for me last year. I started debating it when it looked like Hill may be suspended for some time. Mahomes is the type of QB that seems to make the team around him better so I was probably going to keep him anyway, but with the news of no Hill suspension it is kind of a no brainer. I can still likely end up with a stud at RB holding the #2 pick. Depending who's kept. Thanks for the input @titanthakur and @NashvilleNinja.

Archived