Next Titan QB if MM doesn’t return

kyle021

In this draft I think a perfect fit is either Fromm, Eason, or Costello

if we don’t land one of those and decide to further build the team and retain MM another year or roll with Tannehill for a season then I could see us making a major play for Lawrence even if it means giving up 3 first rounders and multiple second rounders the following year. 

Point being. I think Robinsons ideal QB is a pocket passer with a laser Arm and Accuracy. That would be Vrabel too considering who he played with in NE. 

I loved Stidham game and wanted him in the mid round last year and NE snatched him up. I think he is going to be a great value and a really good NFL QB. 

I am extremely interested in this year for two reasons. If MM produces we are a super bowl caliber team. If he doesn’t we will be focused on a QB who makes us a SB caliber team as we are loaded for a run with a core roster to take us there. 

Edited by Kyle021

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many for the Titans though?

I'm pretty down on this year's class. I don't believe in Tua, I think Herbert is a second round talent. I like Eason and Fromm but I don't think either of them is the second coming of Andrew Luck eith

Oh hell no!!!!

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I'm pretty down on this year's class. I don't believe in Tua, I think Herbert is a second round talent. I like Eason and Fromm but I don't think either of them is the second coming of Andrew Luck either. It's gonna be a tough year to need a franchise QB.

There’s been 5 amazing QBs in the past 15-20 years, it’s gonna be hard to get one.

28 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I'm pretty down on this year's class. I don't believe in Tua, I think Herbert is a second round talent. I like Eason and Fromm but I don't think either of them is the second coming of Andrew Luck either. It's gonna be a tough year to need a franchise QB.

There is another factor here that isn't being discussed.....developmental time for a new QB.  If the rest of the roster is ready to compete in the playoffs, does the FO really want to start over at QB?  It's a question that can't be answered now, but could be a factor in the year end decision making on MM, if it is a close decision.

6 minutes ago, ctm said:

There is another factor here that isn't being discussed.....developmental time for a new QB.  If the rest of the roster is ready to compete in the playoffs, does the FO really want to start over at QB?  It's a question that can't be answered now, but could be a factor in the year end decision making on MM, if it is a close decision.

Tannehill can be the "bridge qb"  if Mariota fails this year and they draft someone high.

gotta look to which vet QBs will be available next year.

Keenum,  Bridgewater, Brissett are some possible FA next year

Mullins in San Fran may be someone we could go after.  Would have to offer something for him but he could be a potential long term starter or a guy you could team with a rookie to let em fight it out.

I'm sure Fitz will be availabe (isn't he always) or what if Flacco was to have a good year but still gets replaced by the rook...do you look at someone like that.

the titans will at least know more about Tannehill than the others but that may work against him staying in Tenn. as much as help him....and he may want to test the FA market as well.  I don't think we can just assume he's the guy cause I think the Titans will want to look at them all.

5 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

gotta look to which vet QBs will be available next year.

Keenum,  Bridgewater, Brissett are some possible FA next year

Mullins in San Fran may be someone we could go after.  Would have to offer something for him but he could be a potential long term starter or a guy you could team with a rookie to let em fight it out.

I'm sure Fitz will be availabe (isn't he always) or what if Flacco was to have a good year but still gets replaced by the rook...do you look at someone like that.

the titans will at least know more about Tannehill than the others but that may work against him staying in Tenn. as much as help him....and he may want to test the FA market as well.  I don't think we can just assume he's the guy cause I think the Titans will want to look at them all.

Completely agree about going with a vet, but I think Tannehill would be the top candidate barring a terrible showing.  They could also go after Winston or Carr.  I dont see a QB in the draft.

1 hour ago, TheBukafax said:

There’s been 5 amazing QBs in the past 15-20 years, it’s gonna be hard to get one.

I didn't say it had to be a generational QB just a franchise QB. Just in the last 5 years we've seen Mayfield, Mahommes,Watson, Wentz, and Goff. Murray looks like an absolute stud this year and despite not getting off to a hot start, I like Rosen and Darnold better than the 2020 QB class and Trevor Lawrence looks better too. A legit QB can be found, I just don't see one in this class yet. They have the upcoming season to change my mind.

2 hours ago, rns90 said:

Tannehill can be the "bridge qb"  if Mariota fails this year and they draft someone high.

Tannehill signed a one year contract as a back up. So if the Titans dump MM8. What will the Titans have to pay Tannehill as a starter.  30Mill?

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

I didn't say it had to be a generational QB just a franchise QB. Just in the last 5 years we've seen Mayfield, Mahommes,Watson, Wentz, and Goff. Murray looks like an absolute stud this year and despite not getting off to a hot start, I like Rosen and Darnold better than the 2020 QB class and Trevor Lawrence looks better too. A legit QB can be found, I just don't see one in this class yet. They have the upcoming season to change my mind.

Mahomes is the only one I’ve overly been impressed with. Watson is the next one but he’s on the cusp of being on a Mahomes level but needs a bit of improvement.

The rest of those guys are just meh.

1 minute ago, TheBukafax said:

Mahomes is the only one I’ve overly been impressed with. Watson is the next one but he’s on the cusp of being on a Mahomes level but needs a bit of improvement.

The rest of those guys are just meh.

Really? Your bar is a little too high IMO. All the guys I mentioned  can be your guy for a good while and help you contend for a chip. Finding Tom Brady certainly makes life sweet and much easier but it's not a requirement to have a team that seriously contends year after year. I don't need us to draft Tom Brady, a Wentz/Mayfield type would do just fine.  

5 hours ago, ctm said:

There is another factor here that isn't being discussed.....developmental time for a new QB.  If the rest of the roster is ready to compete in the playoffs, does the FO really want to start over at QB? 

Yes, teams start rookie QBs all the time now, Wilson, Wentz, Goff, Watson etc... played in the first two seasons and contended right away. 

Apparently we're still waiting on Mariota to develop so what's the problem?