Respect 8

TitanHead

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

Certainly this is true. We still don’t even know if he can be a good NFL passer yet. Throw him into the deep end of a real NFL passing offense and see if he sinks or swims now. 

The coaches already know

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariota was hurt quite a bit last year, so of course we ran more than we wanted. It makes no sense to go into this season as a run heavy team when we are going to face quite a few top 10 QBs. We are g

Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled...  

*sigh*      

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, GOAT9 said:

Mariota is an average QB. Playing in a pass heavy system would do nothing for him. He gets hurt constantly playing in a system where he doesn't even throw the ball that much. Mariota's career would have been over as a rookie if he had been thrown into the same situation as Luck. Passing 600 times behind an OL that couldn't block to save its life. He would literally be dead. 

Yeah,  like Luck's career wasn't in jeopardy at one point. Haters gotta hate. 

Smh

6 minutes ago, TitanHead said:

Yeah,  like Luck's career wasn't in jeopardy at one point. Haters gotta hate. 

Smh

Yes his career was in jeopardy and he is 10x better a QB than Mariota. Exactly why Mariota would have been done as soon as he started in Luck's position. 

11 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I tend to agree, but they should still throw him out there and make him do it. They honestly would be better off if the fans turned on him before the coaches and front office do. 

The coaches are trying to win games, they aren’t trying run experiments 

and I don’t think they care what the fans think 

11 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I tend to agree, but they should still throw him out there and make him do it. They honestly would be better off if the fans turned on him before the coaches and front office do. 

Easy rebuttal:  they're are trying to win games and not placate the idiot fans.  They know what he can (or can't do) and have planned accordingly.

Some of the defenses in this thread are hilarious:  we have the old VY defense (HE WINS GAMES)!

4 hours ago, scine09 said:

Terrific article.  I've stayed away from the Mariota discussion mostly this offseason but it's well written with many examples of how good this guy is.

Also it's nice to read things from people who actually watch film and break down plays than the people with short memories who only look at a stat sheet.

And I also agree that Mariota would be best in a pass heavy offense on a team built around him.

Lol we're really going to let a young, very good, humble QB who we haven't given nearly enough offensive development, talent or consistency to just walk out and tear it up with some other team (if healthy), aren't we? So Titans. 

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

Coaches are just trying to get a clear path to a decision. If saying " they know " is based off of some of y'all post why pick up 5th year option and say this is his team? 

All they wanna see is him stay healthy and consistent. And that young man getting paid

5 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I think they do care what the fans think. When the fans turn on coaches or GMs their job security drops precipitously. The owners are in the business of keeping the fans happy, and wins are only part of that. 

Plus, it’s not like I’m suggesting tanking a Super Bowl season. They aren’t going anywhere without a good passing game. 

1 minute ago, TitanHead said:

Coaches are just trying to get a clear path to a decision. If saying " they know " is based off of some of y'all post why pick up 5th year option and say this is his team? 

This has been gone over more than once.  They picked it up last year and there was still "hope" that he'd progress.   TWO STAFFS have basically decided that the best way to win is to go with a run heavy game plan.  The coach was more or less non committal when talking about Mariota the other day.  He has still not been signed to an extension.  I could go on here.

6 minutes ago, rns90 said:

This has been gone over more than once.  They picked it up last year and there was still "hope" that he'd progress.   TWO STAFFS have basically decided that the best way to win is to go with a run heavy game plan.  The coach was more or less non committal when talking about Mariota the other day.  He has still not been signed to an extension.  I could go on here.

So what, should we be like the eagles with Wentz and roll the dice? He's played less than Mariota by the way. And only had one good year.

It's the perfect position for the Titans and Mariota to be in. I did hear Vrabel mention that. ( As in he will perform no matter of his contact status). 

Edited by TitanHead

1 minute ago, TitanHead said:

It's the perfect position for the Titans and Mariota to be in. 

No...it's not.  WTF logic is this?  The perfect position would be for him to have already established himself as a franchise qb and for him to have been signed to an extension.  This position is QB purgatory.

Irony in pointing out that Wentz only has had "one good year" is rather funny.

14 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

with a run first offense in today's NFL.  you know where that will get us just as much as I do...probably 8-8.

we have to run a modern NFL offense...doesn't have to be pass happy but it needs to be unpredictable.  Mariota has to play a big part in that.

20 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

Lol we're really going to let a young, very good, humble QB who we haven't given nearly enough offensive development, talent or consistency to just walk out and tear it up with some other team (if healthy), aren't we? So Titans. 

I really hope not.  I understand the hesitancy to sign him based on injuries but if he stays healthy they really need to re-sign him.  And even if not depending on what the injury is, how he plays and other relevant factors I'd consider it.