Respect 8

TitanHead

Just now, OILERMAN said:

This is the same argument you made about VY and Locker

Were you wrong about those two?

That was not my argument.  And Mariota is in a completely different league than either of them.

I've spent more time discussing Mariota than I planned to this offseason just in this thread.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariota was hurt quite a bit last year, so of course we ran more than we wanted. It makes no sense to go into this season as a run heavy team when we are going to face quite a few top 10 QBs. We are g

Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled...  

*sigh*      

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, TitanHead said:

And the receivers were suspect the entire season.

Agreed. Mariota also had stretches of bad play as well but his supporting cast didn’t help him much. Nick Williams catches that pass in Buffalo and the Titans likely make the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Agreed. Mariota also had stretches of bad play as well but his supporting cast didn’t help him much. Nick Williams catches that pass in Buffalo and the Titans likely make the playoffs. 

They'd still have missed on a tie-breaker had they won that game.

Edited by scine09

4 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

That wouldn't change Mariota's 2018 season, they made the playoffs in 2017 with him throwing 13 TDs and 15 INTs 

Making the playoffs is a team accomplishment, not a Mariota accomplishment 

He can be judged separately from the team

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

That wouldn't change Mariota's 2018 season, they made the playoffs in 2017 with him throwing 13 TDs and 15 INTs 

And that article did that.

10 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Yes I know that. 

2 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

With who? The colts? 

Yeah they'd both have been 10-6 but Indy swept the series.  And the Chargers had a better record for the other wild card.

Theoretically they could have gotten in beating both Buffalo and LA.  But they also easily could have lost the Philly and NYJ games.

42 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I want to see how the season plays out and how they use him.

I think Vrabel believes in balance more than anything.  

What is "balance?"

If the Titans are perfectly balanced between run and pass they'll be passing less often than last year and still be 31st in passing play percentage.

Balance means Mariota passing less frequently than nearly every single team.

2 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

What is "balance?"

If the Titans are perfectly balanced between run and pass they'll be passing less often than last year and still be 31st in passing play percentage.

Balance means Mariota passing less frequently than nearly every single team.

No idea.  My opinion is the Titans should pass most plays (unless it's like the Giants game where the weather makes it difficult to pass) so they're going to run it too much for my taste.  I want running late in the game to bleed clock, on short yardage situations and as a changeup.  Other than that it's too much.

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Mariota was hurt quite a bit last year, so of course we ran more than we wanted. It makes no sense to go into this season as a run heavy team when we are going to face quite a few top 10 QBs. We are going to have to put up points. Spread the field and incorporate Henry into the short passing game. We don’t stand a chance at a winning record trying to run the offense from the last four weeks, which once again MM was injured or the weather was a mess. 

Not to state the obvious, but the 2019 season hinges on his ability to stay healthy.  If he's healthy for all or most of the season they'll be fine and in contention.  If he's not then it'll be a struggle.

That goes for many teams but it's true for the Titans.

They're not going to be able to beat these teams pounding Derrick Henry nonstop.  Sure if they get leads and wants to bleed clock go right ahead.  But when you're running on 1st down all the time and putting the offense in constant 3rd downs and the other team is throwing it over the yard then forget it.

17 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Not to state the obvious, but the 2019 season hinges on his ability to stay healthy.  If he's healthy for all or most of the season they'll be fine and in contention.  If he's not then it'll be a struggle.

That goes for many teams but it's true for the Titans.

They're not going to be able to beat these teams pounding Derrick Henry nonstop.  Sure if they get leads and wants to bleed clock go right ahead.  But when you're running on 1st down all the time and putting the offense in constant 3rd downs and the other team is throwing it over the yard then forget it.

Agreed. Their going to pound Henry though. He is elite when at his best.