Respect 8

TitanHead

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariota was hurt quite a bit last year, so of course we ran more than we wanted. It makes no sense to go into this season as a run heavy team when we are going to face quite a few top 10 QBs. We are g

Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled...  

*sigh*      

Posted Images

They've definitely picked some of his absolute best plays from the season for that article. In all honestly you look at those and nothing else and you'd think he is MVP material.

It reads like a fanboy wrote it though, and with all these uber specific advanced stats, I can't help but feel there is a mountain of other equally obscure ones that aren't as favorable. It seems the definition of a cherry picking.

10 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

They've definitely picked some of his absolute best plays from the season for that article. In all honestly you look at those and nothing else and you'd think he is MVP material.

It reads like a fanboy wrote it though, and with all these uber specific advanced stats, I can't help but feel there is a mountain of other equally obscure ones that aren't as favorable. It seems the definition of a cherry picking.

WOW....

You think like a woman. And read like one too.

Chicken is a popular meal for most. " Yeah but i also like steaks. Can't beat a good steak, the way you talk about chicken is like steak don't exist."

The Mariota haters love to quote stats. Ok here are some stats and now it's fanboy shizz...

He literally used every down and distance and it's still cherry picking... This forum is worthless.

15 minutes ago, TitanHead said:

WOW....

You think like a woman. And read like one too.

Chicken is a popular meal for most. " Yeah but i also like steaks. Can't beat a good steak, the way you talk about chicken is like steak don't exist."

The Mariota haters love to quote stats. Ok here are some stats and now it's fanboy shizz...

He literally used every down and distance and it's still cherry picking... This forum is worthless.

lol.

4 hours ago, TitanHead said:

https://presnapreads.com/marcus-mariota-is-a-star/

Kid is a stud, point blank period. 

Found a Redditor!  

Seriously though, the article makes several excuses on why this stat is bad, this one doesn’t matter, etc..  For example, I’m sure there is more receiver separation in this offense than they get credit for accomplishing.  In one of the gifs, Fahy highlights that Marcus threw a curl route that was dropped.  I watched the clip several times to be sure, but Mariota a)threw to the wrong read, b ) felt pressure that wasn’t there, and c ) because he rushed his throw he completely missed on the crossing route/swing pass that only had one defender to guard both targets.  And that’s on a play that’s supposed to show us a positive—I can’t imagine what I or anyone level headed would see on a play that everyone agrees was awful.  

Then you have the Luck comparison that is beyond ridiculous considering he threw 640ish attempts to Mariota’s 340ish so you really can’t compare those two.  Yeah he was injured, but he’s traditionally been in the 350-450 range for pass attempts.  Take that the completion percentage was increased because almost 25% of the passes were at line of scrimmage, and you have the beginning examples of a writer taking stats and fiddling with the numbers to prove his point.  And the deep pass numbers...how many of those were to receivers who were open vs WIDE open?  And on how many attempts vs Luck’s numbers (since that is one of the comparisons the author wants to make)?  

Those are just two issues—and listen, I like Marcus as a person and it has been nice to have a QB that actually wants to play football (Fuck you, Locker), but he has obvious issues in his game and I’m not sure they can be fixed at this point.  His footwork and anticipation, plus his injury history are concerns you cannot ignore.  I think some of this comes from expecting the pass protection to be bad vs actuality, but a lot also comes from the fact that in college he was almost always one of the best athletes in the field and now he’s one of many.  He’s having to learn skills that he was able to ignore on the fly and it’s much more difficult now that everyone on the field is a freak athlete of the highest order.  

Fans of Mariota need to understand that you can like a player and still question his ability to perform as a NFL QB.  

Edited by Yoshimitsu

32 minutes ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Found a Redditor!  

Seriously though, the article makes several excuses on why this stat is bad, this one doesn’t matter, etc..  For example, I’m sure there is more receiver separation in this offense than they get credit for accomplishing.  In one of the gifs, Fahy highlights that Marcus threw a curl route that was dropped.  I watched the clip several times to be sure, but Mariota a)threw to the wrong read, b ) felt pressure that wasn’t there, and c ) because he rushed his throw he completely missed on the crossing route/swing pass that only had one defender to guard both targets.  And that’s on a play that’s supposed to show us a positive—I can’t imagine what I or anyone level headed would see on a play that everyone agrees was awful.  

Then you have the Luck comparison that is beyond ridiculous considering he threw 640ish attempts to Mariota’s 340ish so you really can’t compare those two.  Yeah he was injured, but he’s traditionally been in the 350-450 range for pass attempts.  Take that the completion percentage was increased because almost 25% of the passes were at line of scrimmage, and you have the beginning examples of a writer taking stats and fiddling with the numbers to prove his point.  And the deep pass numbers...how many of those were to receivers who were open vs WIDE open?  And on how many attempts vs Luck’s numbers (since that is one of the comparisons the author wants to make)?  

Those are just two issues—and listen, I like Marcus as a person and it has been nice to have a QB that actually wants to play football (Fuck you, Locker), but he has obvious issues in his game and I’m not sure they can be fixed at this point.  His footwork and anticipation, plus his injury history are concerns you cannot ignore.  I think some of this comes from expecting the pass protection to be bad vs actuality, but a lot also comes from the fact that in college he was almost always one of the best athletes in the field and now he’s one of many.  He’s having to learn skills that he was able to ignore on the fly and it’s much more difficult now that everyone on the field is a freak athlete of the highest order.  

Fans of Mariota need to understand that you can like a player and still question his ability to perform as a NFL QB.  

Wrong, my Google feed updated me. Here's another female thinker.

34 minutes ago, Yoshimitsu said:

a)threw to the wrong read, b ) felt pressure that wasn’t there, and c ) because he rushed his throw he completely missed on the crossing route/swing pass that only had one defender to guard both targets. 

Ok coach... Lol. 

Just now, oldschool said:

This some weak shit. You need to go back to the drawing board.

Opinion, no context. I think your libido weaker. I don't know that but hey we just throwing shit to the wall right.