Jim Wyatt unsure if Jonnu Smith will be ready for week 1

3 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

If you are a good GM then you are right more than just "sometimes". You are right a bit more than you've been wrong and JRob has been, afaics. I'm about as all in on JRob as anyone else around here and the only one calling for his head other than maybe Mr Tolarbear is@woolfolksunclesuncle.

True....I've called his offices repeatedly to attempt to set up some head as I really like the job that he's done!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really hope things work out for Smith, but there were opportunities to take other, better tight ends, and JRob opted not to. George Kittle went to the 49ers in the 5th fucking round the same draft w

They are lucky to have Firkser.  Shoulda drafted OJ Howard

My orthopedic colleagues have been saying that for a grade 3 MCL injury , it sure has taken a long time to heal.. they believe there is something more wrong with his knee

Really is a mystery what is going on with Smith, there is absolutely no way even a high grade MCL tear should be taking this long to heal, he has either had a setback in his recovery or the full extent of his injury was never correctly reported.

Was a little surprised to see this quote from Jim Wyatt this week as Smith was seen working out on a side field during the last couple of open to the media OTA practices before not being sighted during mandatory mini camp.

I was hoping Smith/Conklin would be healthy for the start of training camp but it seems that is highly unlikely now.

Going to be a heavy dose of MyCole Pruitt as TE1 early in training camp and preseason games.

17 minutes ago, ChemEngr79 said:

Hopefully, Smith can play again. His injury looked nasty, and the severity must have been under reported. 

He he was developing nicely prior to injury...

Hey Touched, how’d you sleep last night? Looks like the KOO KOO gene kicked in again. Sore hole maybe?

14 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Bongo dropped the dime to me in the French Quarter....... He said they would probably have to amputate his leg.......

French Quarter? This on your bucket list for another dream vacation? I don’t have much time this morning. Get your tard ass in gear and make me laugh bitch.

10 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I really hope things work out for Smith, but there were opportunities to take other, better tight ends, and JRob opted not to. George Kittle went to the 49ers in the 5th fucking round the same draft we took Smith in the 3rd. We also passed on OJ Howard in the first round of that draft for AJax.

I get that you can't solve every problem with the draft, and we had a big need at corner so you can't fault JRob for going after Adoree over Howard, but we had a golden opportunity to shore the position up for the next 10 years with Kittle and passed on him for whatever reason for Jonnu.

There's no accounting for injury, sure, but what has any of us seen in Smith on the field thus far that we haven't seen utterly dwarfed by Kittle? More importantly, what the hell did JRob see in Smith that he didn't see in Kittle during the scouting process? I remember a number of people on the board here talking highly of Kittle before the '17 draft so it's not like he was a secret. He had a decent number of vids on YouTube whereas there wasn't shit out there for Smith. So I'm sure JRob knew about Kittle. So wtf?

Carlos Hyde hasn't exactly set the league on fire, but it still grinds my gears that we passed on him for Bishop Sankey. And at this point that's exactly who Smith is reminding me of.

Kittle is on a completely shitty team.  Howard's isn't much better.  Not really a knock against them, but it's easier to show what you can do when opposing teams aren't really concerned about you.  Those two guys are getting s ton of YAC, which indicates to me that teams are kind of letting them run around relatively freely and aren't trying too hard to shut them down.  Walker had his two best seasons on shitty teams, and his personal best YPC season came with Locker and Mett throwing the ball.  Jonnu actually started the 2017 in higher regards than both of those guys, both as a blocker and receiver.  But then it seemed like overnight, every team finally realized how to give this offense fits in every single regard

But surely you all realize that this is based on absolutely no information, and is catered to fantasy football and those who did not know that Jonnu missed OTAs.  

12 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I really hope things work out for Smith, but there were opportunities to take other, better tight ends, and JRob opted not to. George Kittle went to the 49ers in the 5th fucking round the same draft we took Smith in the 3rd. We also passed on OJ Howard in the first round of that draft for AJax.

I get that you can't solve every problem with the draft, and we had a big need at corner so you can't fault JRob for going after Adoree over Howard, but we had a golden opportunity to shore the position up for the next 10 years with Kittle and passed on him for whatever reason for Jonnu.

There's no accounting for injury, sure, but what has any of us seen in Smith on the field thus far that we haven't seen utterly dwarfed by Kittle? More importantly, what the hell did JRob see in Smith that he didn't see in Kittle during the scouting process? I remember a number of people on the board here talking highly of Kittle before the '17 draft so it's not like he was a secret. He had a decent number of vids on YouTube whereas there wasn't shit out there for Smith. So I'm sure JRob knew about Kittle. So wtf?

Carlos Hyde hasn't exactly set the league on fire, but it still grinds my gears that we passed on him for Bishop Sankey. And at this point that's exactly who Smith is reminding me of.

11 hours ago, Callidus said:

And we coukd have won every superbowl from 2001-2008 if we drafted Brady in the 5th round. This game is fun what next? Sports drafting roulette? 

Wait a min........

How about this what if... What if the Titans drafted Kittle instead... and then HE gets the same injury Smith has?!   I know.  Mindblowing.  

8 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Bongo dropped the dime to me in the French Quarter....... He said they would probably have to amputate his leg.......

I knew it! Calling in my bet to Vegas now! 10k on Smith losing his leg!

Edited by BaddKarma