Jump to content
AussieTitanFan08

Jim Wyatt unsure if Jonnu Smith will be ready for week 1

Recommended Posts

Nash   

My orthopedic colleagues have been saying that for a grade 3 MCL injury , it sure has taken a long time to heal.. they believe there is something more wrong with his knee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope things work out for Smith, but there were opportunities to take other, better tight ends, and JRob opted not to. George Kittle went to the 49ers in the 5th fucking round the same draft we took Smith in the 3rd. We also passed on OJ Howard in the first round of that draft for AJax.

 

I get that you can't solve every problem with the draft, and we had a big need at corner so you can't fault JRob for going after Adoree over Howard, but we had a golden opportunity to shore the position up for the next 10 years with Kittle and passed on him for whatever reason for Jonnu.

 

There's no accounting for injury, sure, but what has any of us seen in Smith on the field thus far that we haven't seen utterly dwarfed by Kittle? More importantly, what the hell did JRob see in Smith that he didn't see in Kittle during the scouting process? I remember a number of people on the board here talking highly of Kittle before the '17 draft so it's not like he was a secret. He had a decent number of vids on YouTube whereas there wasn't shit out there for Smith. So I'm sure JRob knew about Kittle. So wtf?

 

Carlos Hyde hasn't exactly set the league on fire, but it still grinds my gears that we passed on him for Bishop Sankey. And at this point that's exactly who Smith is reminding me of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Callidus   
10 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I really hope things work out for Smith, but there were opportunities to take other, better tight ends, and JRob opted not to. George Kittle went to the 49ers in the 5th fucking round the same draft we took Smith in the 3rd. We also passed on OJ Howard in the first round of that draft for AJax.

 

I get that you can't solve every problem with the draft, and we had a big need at corner so you can't fault JRob for going after Adoree over Howard, but we had a golden opportunity to shore the position up for the next 10 years with Kittle and passed on him for whatever reason for Jonnu.

 

There's no accounting for injury, sure, but what has any of us seen in Smith on the field thus far that we haven't seen utterly dwarfed by Kittle? More importantly, what the hell did JRob see in Smith that he didn't see in Kittle during the scouting process? I remember a number of people on the board here talking highly of Kittle before the '17 draft so it's not like he was a secret. He had a decent number of vids on YouTube whereas there wasn't shit out there for Smith. So I'm sure JRob knew about Kittle. So wtf?

 

Carlos Hyde hasn't exactly set the league on fire, but it still grinds my gears that we passed on him for Bishop Sankey. And at this point that's exactly who Smith is reminding me of.

And we coukd have won every superbowl from 2001-2008 if we drafted Brady in the 5th round. This game is fun what next? Sports drafting roulette? 

 

Wait a min........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Callidus said:

And we coukd have won every superbowl from 2001-2008 if we drafted Brady in the 5th round. This game is fun what next? Sports drafting roulette? 

 

Wait a min........

Well, you know nothing anyone says here means anything anyway, right? So your point is kinda shitting on itself...

 

Regardless, nothing about your attempt to demonstrate my gripe as pointless changes the fact that there were better options available nor does it lessen the frustration of waiting on this guy to fulfill. And it sure as shit doesn't help anyone understand what JRob was thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kyle021   

He tore his MCL and partially ACL I assume

 

i wouldn’t be at all surprised if he tore his MCL and dislocated his patella or fucked the tendon up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Callidus   
39 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Well, you know nothing anyone says here means anything anyway, right? So your point is kinda shitting on itself...

 

Regardless, nothing about your attempt to demonstrate my gripe as pointless changes the fact that there were better options available nor does it lessen the frustration of waiting on this guy to fulfill. And it sure as shit doesn't help anyone understand what JRob was thinking.

He was wrong. You want his head? This is drafting. If you are good you are right sometimes. If you arn't good your wrong most of the time. This shit isn't a science and acting like it is makes you look dumb

Edited by Callidus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Callidus said:

He was wrong. You want his head? This is drafting. If you are good you are right sometimes. If you arn't good your wrong most of the time. This shit isn't a science and acting like it is makes you look dumb

You know, I'm pretty sure you oversimplifying the scenario is worse than me "acting like this shit is science". If your logic is what we need to use then Ruston Webster should never have been fired or even criticized since all GMs really do is throw darts at a wall and needlessly pay scouts to watch sports for a living. 😏

 

If you are a good GM then you are right more than just "sometimes". You are right a bit more than you've been wrong and JRob has been, afaics. I'm about as all in on JRob as anyone else around here and the only one calling for his head other than maybe Mr Tolarbear is@woolfolksunclesuncle

 

So maybe climb on down out of my ass? It's just a criticism, not a dick... try not to take it so hard. You don't want to wind up like unclesuncle with your prostate constantly slipping into the toilet every time you take a shit, do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Callidus   
1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

You know, I'm pretty sure you oversimplifying the scenario is worse than me "acting like this shit is science". If your logic is what we need to use then Ruston Webster should never have been fired or even criticized since all GMs really do is throw darts at a wall and needlessly pay scouts to watch sports for a living. 😏

 

If you are a good GM then you are right more than just "sometimes". You are right a bit more than you've been wrong and JRob has been, afaics. I'm about as all in on JRob as anyone else around here and the only one calling for his head other than maybe Mr Tolarbear is@woolfolksunclesuncle

 

So maybe climb on down out of my ass? It's just a criticism, not a dick... try not to take it so hard. You don't want to wind up like unclesuncle with your prostate constantly slipping into the toilet every time you take a shit, do you?

J rob is a decent cornhole player at worst. Webster was tossing 200pound bags of shit. That was why he was fired.

 

If finding good players with most picks in the round they give the most value was possible on a consistent basis then there would be gms who do it. A 2 or 3 year run of doing it is one thing. Doing it over a career dosnt happen.

 

Edit: I oversimplify everything I post on here. We cant have the masses not getting the jokes.

Edited by Callidus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...