Jump to content
tgo

Arthur Smith: Titans Will Ride Derrick Henry This Year

Recommended Posts

Mythos27   

Personally I think both @big2033's and @Huston's interpretations of "ride Henry" are fair and can turn out to be correct. While I do lean more towards Big's, I can certainly see a scenario where Hus is is right given that this season we definitively need to find out who Mariota is and hiding him to the tune of a 400 carry season for Henry would be stupid and counter-productive. I would most definitely prefer that we ride Henry at the expense of other backs (as Hus suggests)rather than at the expense of throwing attempts for Mariota (as Big suggests). The only way I want to see Mariota losing passing attempts to Henry rushes is if he so clearly shows he's not the answer and at that point I'd honestly rather bench him for Tanny. As most things this year will; it all rests of Mariota. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
big2033   
16 minutes ago, Huston said:

You evidently dont have common sense or make logical deductions either. But continue straying off topic to branch it off to something you want to debate all over again.

Yeah you don't have it.

 

This is my problem. You're just a fan ... dreaming.

 

Honestly you're right we shouldn't bother debating. You're bad at it. I'd rather someone take Mariota's side that can properly break down their thinking with some actual info so I can learn something from the experience. And not take shots in the dark because they love a player.

Edited by big2033

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huston   

You love debating with yourself, dude stop repling to my post if you dont like what I have to or how I say it. It aint that hard.

 

1 hour ago, big2033 said:

Yeah you don't have it.

 

This is my problem. You're just a fan ... dreaming.

 

Honestly you're right we shouldn't bother debating. You're bad at it. I'd rather someone take Mariota's side that can properly break down their thinking with some actual info so I can learn something from the experience. And not take shots in the dark because they love a player.

 

Edited by Huston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
big2033   
1 hour ago, Huston said:

You love debating with yourself, dude stop repling to my post if you dont like what I have to or how I say it. It aint that hard.

 

 

I guess you should do the same.

 

If you don't want to debate me don't reply. Don't engage then pull back when things get too hot for you. That's what you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huston   
10 minutes ago, big2033 said:

I guess you should do the same.

 

If you don't want to debate me don't reply. Don't engage then pull back when things get too hot for you. That's what you do.

Of course that would be your response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soxcat   

Realistically we use Henry in a similar way we used Murray in 2016.  300 carries (maybe a few more) and he gets 1300 yards and scores 9-10 TDs.  Lewis will still be in the mix for the rest and get his share of passes.  Henry could also catch close to 50 balls himself (~3 per game) and needs to be involved in the passing game so defenses aren't sitting on the run when he is in the game. 

Edited by Soxcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mythos27   
48 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Realistically we use Henry in a similar way we used Murray in 2016.  300 carries (maybe a few more) and he gets 1300 yards and scores 9-10 TDs.  Lewis will still be in the mix for the rest and get his share of passes.  Henry could also catch close to 50 balls himself (~3 per game) and needs to be involved in the passing game so defenses are sitting on the run when he is in the game. 

This would be ideal IMO. Henry is actually a very dangerous screen RB and we've seen him do some nice things on swings and flat routes. I absolutely love Dion as a guy who can operate a bit out of the slot or running that nice Texas route out of the backfield. Honestly, an aspect we don't talk about nearly enough is how little we were able to stay on the field and how few offensive drives we had. Success breeds success and if we're able to extend drives with our new chain-moving receivers there will be plenty of passing/running snaps to go around. If we keep going 3 and out nobody eats.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huston   
1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

This would be ideal IMO. Henry is actually a very dangerous screen RB and we've seen him do some nice things on swings and flat routes. I absolutely love Dion as a guy who can operate a bit out of the slot or running that nice Texas route out of the backfield. Honestly, an aspect we don't talk about nearly enough is how little we were able to stay on the field and how few offensive drives we had. Success breeds success and if we're able to extend drives with our new chain-moving receivers there will be plenty of passing/running snaps to go around. If we keep going 3 and out nobody eats.  

Take a look at the article I posted from MM, its in the same vein.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huston   
8 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

I don't think that we invested all that we did in the passing game only to be 31st in passing attempts again.

You got data points to support that opinion lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
big2033   
2 hours ago, abc2330 said:

I don't think that we invested all that we did in the passing game only to be 31st in passing attempts again.

Lol being 31st ... maybe not. But that doesn't mean we'll be a balanced attack. We're going to run the ball, and hope the passing game comes from the run. If it doesnt ... we'll keep running.

 

We've wanted a balanced passing offense every year ... every year we end up running the ball aggressively.

Edited by big2033

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maker84   

This is why the Titans offense really sucks.....until the team moves into the modern era of football they will continue to be an absolute joke of a franchise 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...