Arthur Smith: Titans Will Ride Derrick Henry This Year

tgo

37 minutes ago, Huston said:

Ride Henry like Pit road Bell or the Rams rode Gurley meaning they get the bulk of the workload stop being so obtuse. The passing attempts were that low doe to the QB's arm injury and for 1,000th time they didnt sign Hump and draft Brown to just turn around and run Henry 500 time.

Toss in whatever scenarios you want to make yourself feel better. We're not the Rams and we're damn sure not the Steelers in terms of pass attempts and style and efficiency of offense.

I'm going by how our team plays. We play conservative football. Have been the last three out of 4 years.

Not just last year, but the year before that and the year before that.

The same things the coaches said last year and the year before that, they're saying this year.

Anything can happen in the NFL, but in terms of logical expectations based on history, stats, performance and direct quotes, mine are definitely more realistic than yours.

Edited by big2033

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Duh, who didn't already know this?   The problem is you ain't running to success with this schedule, you have to score points and points come from the passing game. 

I'm definitely ready for some "fun heavy" offense!! LOL ?

Henry is in his last year, no reason not to run him into the ground 

12 hours ago, big2033 said:

Toss in whatever scenarios you want to make yourself feel better. We're not the Rams and we're damn sure not the Steelers in terms of pass attempts and style and efficiency of offense.

I'm going by how our team plays. We play conservative football. Have been the last three out of 4 years.

Not just last year, but the year before that and the year before that.

The same things the coaches have said last year, they're saying this year and the year before that.

Anything can happen in the NFL, but in terms of logical expectations based on history and direct quotes, mine are definitely more realistic than yours.

Your the one saying we are going to look like Seattle right, all I said was he was going to get the major workload like the backs I mentioned didn't say anything about looking like them lol.

Edited by Huston

Just now, Huston said:

Your the one saying we are going to look like Seattle right, Ill said was he was going to get the major workload like the backs I mentioned didn't say anything about looking like them lol.

An "offense like Seattle" can mean a lot of things. 

You just bristled because you want Mariota to get more attempts.

I believe we want to be tops in rush attempts and low in pass attempts like Seattle.

How we do that will likely be different. But again, what I'm saying is not crazy based on how we've approached things the last three years.

This is not an anomaly.

12 hours ago, big2033 said:

An "offense like Seattle" can mean a lot of things. 

You just bristled because you want Mariota to get more attempts.

I believe we want to be tops in rush attempts and low in pass attempts like Seattle.

How we do that will likely be different. But again, what I'm saying is not crazy based on how we've approached things the last three years.

This is not an anomaly.

There you go telling people what they think again, your actually better off having a conversation with yourself because that's about as well as you listen or comprehend.

Edited by Huston

Just now, Huston said:

There you do telling people what they think again, your actually better off having a conversation with yourself because that's about as well as you listen or comprehend.

Oh god, if I'm wrong defend yourself instead of whining about it.

I'm tired of feeling sorry for you because I peg you guys and you don't know how to respond. You just pegged me as thinking the offense was going to be exactly like Seattle ... what did I do? I explained myself. I didn't get all "YOU DON'T KNOW ME" about it.

Our history shows us more on the Seattle side of offense: ball control low attempts, low mistakes.

Essentially game management.

5 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Oh god, if I'm wrong defend yourself instead of whining about it.

I'm tired of feeling sorry for you because I peg you guys and you don't know how to respond. You just pegged me as thinking the offense was going to be exactly like Seattle ... what did I do? I explained myself. I didn't get all "YOU DON'T KNOW ME" about it.

Our history shows us more on the Seattle side of offense: ball control low attempts, low mistakes.

Essentially game management.

Jesus your a narcissist lol. Ive said my peace and you said yours what else is there to talk about.

Edited by Huston

15 minutes ago, Huston said:

Jesus your a narcissist lol.

Oh god, just tell me you think with a healthy arm Mariota will be given more attempts to throw, because you believe Arthur Smith knows how to use him better than the rest. 

Give me something I can chew on that builds an argument besides, "it'll be balanced like Pittsburgh!" Those sound like pipe-dreams and nothing rooted in fact.

That's how you debate with someone. 

One side brings facts, and then the other counter. Both sides maybe learn something from the exchange.

Comparing "riding a RB" to a Pittsburgh offense that we've never been close to is just not good enough.

You could say:

More rushing success could bring more passing success. Find stats to back that up. Something besides pipe-dream comparisons.

Something. Most of your counter arguments have been "you're biased" "don't put words in my mouth" "Mariota is injured"

Edited by big2033

47 minutes ago, big2033 said:

You're not trying hard enough. That's always been the issue.

Just with you and irks you so much lol and why would I talk about something that's been discussed literally to death for months on end.

Edited by Huston

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

And it's literally what they did down the stretch

Of course that's what they're doing 

Henry ran for 600 yards in four games to close out the season. To not ride Henry for everything he's worth in a contract year coming off such huge momentum would be a shock. It'd be like the Vikings refusing to feed Adrian Peterson in 2008 just because he only rushed for 300 yards over the final 8 games of his rookie year after the big 296 yard game against the Chargers.

8 hours ago, Number9 said:

Makes sense.  But why didn't it make sense last year?  I have looked at some of Henry's stats early and he was productive.  Still, they consistently relied too much on Lewis, who didn't need to get a ton of carries.  I have looked at early Henry and post George Henry, amazing the RB coaches hadn't taught him to keep chugging for an extra yard.  RB 101.

They need to get Henry involved in the short passing game and have more scramble plays for Mariota that they practice.  He doesn't appear to try to create, but if they design some set plays they could really catch teams off guard.

It was Lafleur, he had a preconceived notion of a particular type of back for his offense and he decided it was Lewis more than Henry. Everybody acted like he was some kind of offensive genius coming here last year, but he was actually very inexperienced at being in charge of the entire offense so he stayed in his comfort zone longer than he should have.  

If you watched Seattle, they did throw the ball some but the very rarely did it out a straight drop back. Replayed the wildcard game last year vs. Dallas last night, and Russell did not throw a pass that wasn't off a read option, play action or roll out until inside the 2 minute mark of the first half and that was out of shotgun on third and long. Why? Because that's what their QB does best and they wisely play to his strength. That's what I hope we'll see from Smith.

Edited by No1TitansFan

49 minutes ago, Huston said:

Just with you and irks you so much lol and why would i talk about something that's been discussed in liretly to death for months on end.

I'm mostly disappointed that you guys haven't been able to build a logical argument. Either you run for the hills or take personal shots or complain that people keep talking about Mariota.

You don't know how to defend your own stance yet stick to it anyway. Yeah, that irks me lol.

If you don't have anything to back up your thoughts besides hopes and dreams, say that and stop getting irked when someone calls you on it.

You hope our "Henry-first" offense is like Pittsburgh and the Rams, but statistically you've got nothing to come close to that conclusion.

Edited by big2033