Arthur Smith: Titans Will Ride Derrick Henry This Year

tgo

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The coaches were wrong too then

Yup. They were. Thankfully  they realized they were wrong adjusted the carries. Keep trying to pivot though, your closer narrative was stupid and you're sensitive about it which I why you had to comment on a post that didn't mentioned you. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Duh, who didn't already know this?   The problem is you ain't running to success with this schedule, you have to score points and points come from the passing game. 

I'm definitely ready for some "fun heavy" offense!! LOL ?

Henry is in his last year, no reason not to run him into the ground 

2 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

Bullshit I was the one on these boards saying feed Henry and not Lewis before the season even started. 

Teams aren't just going to feed someone a ball because they look like a monster. THey have to play like one.

Watch Henry's progression through the year. He got more carries when he made something happen with the few he had. That's how it's works.

The team wanted him to take the job and earn it not have it handed to him. He doesn't do some other things as well as say Dion Lewis for them to take that chance.

So he needed to show he could be fed with the little carries he had. He finally did that after the bye.

4 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Yup. They were. Thankfully  they realized they were wrong adjusted the carries. Keep trying to pivot though, your closer narrative was stupid and you're sensitive about it which I why you had to comment on a post that didn't mentioned you. 

They actually didn't. They adjusted when Henry played better. The better Henry did with the few carries he got ... the more carries he got. Simple.

Look how few carries Henry was getting after the bye but look at the YPC. Much better. And watch the progression in terms of chances the coaches started giving him. It's as clear as day.

http://www.nfl.com/player/derrickhenry/2556075/gamelogs

Edited by big2033

3 hours ago, big2033 said:

Everyone was wrong about Derrick Henry. Including Derrick Henry. Only Mythos realized that Henry was playing well regardless.

?

What can I say? When you're right you're right regardless of who was wrong. Coaches make the wrong call sometimes but the good ones can recognize it and change course. Thankfully, we have good coaches.Never said he was lighting the world on fire but he was running hard, getting more yards than were blocked for, and that stats back that. Period. The closer narrative was stupid and I'm not surprised your tossing your cape on to come to O-Man's defense. 

3 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

What can I say? When you're right you're right regardless of who was wrong. Coaches make the wrong call sometimes but the good ones can recognize it and change course. Thankfully, we have good coaches.Never said he was lighting the world on fire but he was running hard, getting more yards than were blocked for, and that stats back that. Period. The closer narrative was stupid and I'm not surprised your tossing your cape on to come to O-Man's defense. 

Let me ask you ... when did the coaches "figure it out"?

He got more carries his first three games than he did his three after the bye.

And yet, his YPC were higher. Then you can see that the coaches started giving him more opportunities when he improved his YPC.

It's almost like the gave him opportunities when he earned it and played better. They tried early ... he played like shit ... they pulled back until he proved it.

Edited by big2033

On 7/17/2019 at 9:23 PM, Titans279 said:

I like that we've gone from Mariota should be used like Tom Brady to "of course you ride Derrick Henry". Really says a lot about how far expectations for Marcus have fallen.

It sucks you have such a low opinion of Derrick Henry. You shouldn't underestimate the power and motivation of a contract year. Albert Haynesworth and his failed kidney say hi.

3 minutes ago, big2033 said:

They actually didn't. They adjusted when Henry played better. The better Henry did with the few carries he got ... the more carries he got. Simple.

Look how few carries Henry was getting after the bye but look at the YPC. Much better. And watch the progression in terms of chances the coaches started giving him. It's as clear as day.

I really don't care to rehash this. I've had the debates and proven my point. I don't particularly care about the theories of people who were so wrong regarding the RB situation. This isn't a debate; you guys were wrong about him only being able to run well in the 4th quarter and are trying to change the conversation. I'm not taking your bait. 

12 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Let me ask you ... when did the coaches "figure it out"?

He got more carries his first three games than he did his three after the bye.

And yet, his YPC were higher. Then you can see that the coaches started giving him more opportunities when he improved his YPC.

It's almost like the gave him opportunities when he earned it and played better. They tried early ... he played like shit ... they pulled back until he proved it.

You were still backing Dion Lewis. Stop. I'm not taking your bait. 

Edited by Mythos27

4 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I really don't care to rehash this. I've had the debates and proven my point. I don't particularly care about the theories of people who were so wrong regarding the RB situation. This isn't a debate; you guys were wrong about him only being able to run well in the 4th quarter and are trying to change the conversation. I'm not taking your bait. 

Of course you don't want to rehash.

Facts, coaches, former players and the player himself won't convince you're in the wrong here.

You had hope though. I'll give you that. You have proven all you have is your own belief. Which is nice and I'm sure Henry is thankful but it's not from a basis of fact.

The Titans know this, you obviously will only ever see it your way because you want your victory lap for believing in someone.

Like you think I'm going to give 8MM a pat on the back if Mariota turns it around? Not a chance. That guy had blind loyalty with no basis in to the way Mariota was actually playing. So if Mariota plays better, there's no way that proves 8MM right for being a blind homer. 

Edited by big2033

2 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

You were still dickriding Dion Lewis. Stop. I'm not taking your bait. 

Don't get personal because the facts are staring you in the face. Don't be like everyone else.

Just now, big2033 said:

Don't get personal because the facts are staring you in the face. Don't be like everyone else.

Not trying to get personal. I'll amend my post to "backing Dion Lewis". You've posted zero facts and it's telling that you honestly view your interpretation as "fact" when it's a clear opinion. Facts are the stats that showed that even in the first half of the season Henry was still getting more yardage that what was blocked. You don't like those facts though so you overlook them.

5 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Not trying to get personal. I'll amend my post to "backing Dion Lewis". You've posted zero facts and it's telling that you honestly view your interpretation as "fact" when it's a clear opinion. Facts are the stats that showed that even in the first half of the season Henry was still getting more yardage that what was blocked. You don't like those facts though so you overlook them.

No his numbers in the second half are ... a fact. He had one game with a better YPC than the entire second half. And he had games with less carries because coaches were unsure. They tried to trade him, he woke up.

Two, if you're going to go with your PFF or whatever third party, the fact that he may be getting more yards than what was blocked than Lewis doesn't matter when coupled with his other issues. I've always said that. Henry had to be play ABOVE and beyond the norms because where he was lacking in other areas.

If you're going to be a two-down back, you better be a monster on the first two downs and not need above average blocking to make it happen.

Three, Here's where I'll 100% admit I was wrong: I began to believe after watching Henry play that he wasn't capable of being better. I admired his work ethic so I thought he was putting full effort on the field and didn't have the feet. I was wrong. Henry proved to be complete capable physically of turning it around.

Edited by big2033

6 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Of course you don't want to rehash.

Facts, coaches, former players and the player himself won't convince you're in the wrong here.

You had hope though. I'll give you that. You have proven all you have is your own belief. Which is nice and I'm sure Henry is thankful but it's not from a basis of fact.

The Titans know this, you obviously will only ever see it your way because you want your victory lap for believing in someone.

Like you think I'm going to give 8MM a pat on the back if Mariota turns it around? Not a chance. That guy had blind loyalty with no basis in to the way Mariota was actually playing. So if Mariota plays better, there's no way that proves 8MM right for being a blind homer. 

I don't want to rehash because it's pointless. Neither of us is moving on this issue so it really is a waste of time. You try to write off as blind belief because you have to. The fact that someone else looked at the running game and saw that Henry wasn't the problem, like you believed is so foreign to you that it has to be pure belief. Of course, you could never draw the wrong conclusion. We both looked at the struggling running game in early 2018. You decided that Henry was the main problem, while I decided that a shitty interior OL was the main problem. Fast forward to a year later and Henry is being talked about as a top 10 back while 2/3's of the interior OL was sent packing. Those are facts too. Interpret them any way you wish.

3 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I don't want to rehash because it's pointless. Neither of us is moving on this issue so it really is a waste of time. You try to write off as blind belief because you have to. The fact that someone else looked at the running game and saw that Henry wasn't the problem, like you believed is so foreign to you that it has to be pure belief. Of course, you could never draw the wrong conclusion. We both looked at the struggling running game in early 2018. You decided that Henry was the main problem, while I decided that a shitty interior OL was the main problem. Fast forward to a year later and Henry is being talked about as a top 10 back while 2/3's of the interior OL was sent packing. Those are facts too. Interpret them any way you wish.

You willing to concede they also tried to trade Henry before he turned it around because of what THEY saw in his performance? 

Like you're not just arguing with me Mythos ... you're arguing with the entire organization.

Edited by big2033

34 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

It sucks you have such a low opinion of Derrick Henry. You shouldn't underestimate the power and motivation of a contract year. Albert Haynesworth and his failed kidney say hi.

Eh, I guess.

He was just a guy for 2.5 years so while he really looked a lot different the last 9 games of the season I would be hesitant to base my offense on that short of a track record. The things is there's not much else to built around at this point apparently.

Hopefully he dominates and is the best RB in football this year.

Edited by Titans279