Arthur Smith: Titans Will Ride Derrick Henry This Year

tgo

1 hour ago, Huston said:

You love debating with yourself, dude stop repling to my post if you dont like what I have to or how I say it. It aint that hard.

I guess you should do the same.

If you don't want to debate me don't reply. Don't engage then pull back when things get too hot for you. That's what you do.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Duh, who didn't already know this?   The problem is you ain't running to success with this schedule, you have to score points and points come from the passing game. 

I'm definitely ready for some "fun heavy" offense!! LOL ?

Henry is in his last year, no reason not to run him into the ground 

10 minutes ago, big2033 said:

I guess you should do the same.

If you don't want to debate me don't reply. Don't engage then pull back when things get too hot for you. That's what you do.

Of course that would be your response.

48 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Realistically we use Henry in a similar way we used Murray in 2016.  300 carries (maybe a few more) and he gets 1300 yards and scores 9-10 TDs.  Lewis will still be in the mix for the rest and get his share of passes.  Henry could also catch close to 50 balls himself (~3 per game) and needs to be involved in the passing game so defenses are sitting on the run when he is in the game. 

This would be ideal IMO. Henry is actually a very dangerous screen RB and we've seen him do some nice things on swings and flat routes. I absolutely love Dion as a guy who can operate a bit out of the slot or running that nice Texas route out of the backfield. Honestly, an aspect we don't talk about nearly enough is how little we were able to stay on the field and how few offensive drives we had. Success breeds success and if we're able to extend drives with our new chain-moving receivers there will be plenty of passing/running snaps to go around. If we keep going 3 and out nobody eats.  

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

This would be ideal IMO. Henry is actually a very dangerous screen RB and we've seen him do some nice things on swings and flat routes. I absolutely love Dion as a guy who can operate a bit out of the slot or running that nice Texas route out of the backfield. Honestly, an aspect we don't talk about nearly enough is how little we were able to stay on the field and how few offensive drives we had. Success breeds success and if we're able to extend drives with our new chain-moving receivers there will be plenty of passing/running snaps to go around. If we keep going 3 and out nobody eats.  

Take a look at the article I posted from MM, its in the same vein.

8 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

I don't think that we invested all that we did in the passing game only to be 31st in passing attempts again.

You got data points to support that opinion lol.

2 hours ago, abc2330 said:

I don't think that we invested all that we did in the passing game only to be 31st in passing attempts again.

Lol being 31st ... maybe not. But that doesn't mean we'll be a balanced attack. We're going to run the ball, and hope the passing game comes from the run. If it doesnt ... we'll keep running.

We've wanted a balanced passing offense every year ... every year we end up running the ball aggressively.

Edited by big2033

7 minutes ago, nine said:

Here's an interesting factoid:   the Titans are 18-2 when Henry rushes for 50+ yards.    

You don't have to run it 30 times a game;  you just have to be productive.

His first couple of years he was used to run out the clock in the 4th quarter so that stat isn't surprising and more a product of already winning game vs the reason for winning a lot of those games. 

58 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

His first couple of years he was used to run out the clock in the 4th quarter so that stat isn't surprising and more a product of already winning game vs the reason for winning a lot of those games. 

It was half and half.   There were ten games where the Titans held a lead after three quarters and closed it out....and ten games where the Titans were losing or tied in the fourth quarter.

3 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Remember the narrative that Henry could ONLY run well as a closer and that was only because the defense was tired? LMFAO. Fun times.

Ye and he was getting traded but turned it around, we remember