Arthur Smith: Titans Will Ride Derrick Henry This Year

tgo

21 hours ago, big2033 said:

I'm mostly disappointed that you guys haven't been able to build a logical argument. Either you run for the hills or take personal shots or complain that people keep talking about Mariota.

You don't know how to defend your own stance yet stick to it anyway. Yeah, that irks me lol.

If you don't have anything to back up your thoughts besides hopes and dreams, say that and stop getting irked when someone calls you on it.

You hope our "Henry-first" offense is like Pittsburgh and the Rams, but statistically you've got nothing to come close to that conclusion.

Your are insane or just bored.

Edited by Huston

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Duh, who didn't already know this?   The problem is you ain't running to success with this schedule, you have to score points and points come from the passing game. 

I'm definitely ready for some "fun heavy" offense!! LOL ?

Henry is in his last year, no reason not to run him into the ground 

6 minutes ago, Huston said:

Your are you insane or just bored.

You just keep making my point.

Every conversation with you ends with you not knowing what to say. So you get personal.

20 hours ago, big2033 said:

You just keep making my point.

Every conversation with you ends with you not knowing what to say. So you get personal.

We dont have conversations because you end up arguing a point I didn't even make and can't or wont recognize that but please continue with your ignorance lol.

Edited by Huston

37 minutes ago, Huston said:

We dont have conversations because you you end up arguing a point I didn't even make and can't or wont recognize that but please continue with your ignorance lol.

Good morning. You make no valid, thought-provoking points that's the problem.

You guys don't realize I ask these questions and make these "accusations" because I want to see things how you see them.

I was a Mariota backer probably before you. Now I'm looking at the data and don't see what you're preaching.

And when I confront you on that - and yes I do it aggressively - I get a blank stare or a "I wasn't exactly saying that."

You retreat instead of showing me something specific.

You bring up Le'Veon Bell and Todd Gurley in terms of usuage. And instead of giving me some valid data or points that shows we're capable of those kinds of pass/run splits you just throw it out there as a counter with nothing to back it up. I call you out on it ... and you retreat.

That's my problem with you guys.

Me thinks Smith saying he will ride Henry means that he will get the dinosaur share of the work load. Me also thinks that the comment has nothing to do with what kind of offense he is going to run. Me said it again because you can't read evidently. Simple enough for you.

Edited by Huston

59 minutes ago, Huston said:

Me thinks Smith saying he will ride Henry means that he will get the dinosaur share of the work load. Me also thinks that the comment has nothing to do with what kind of offense he is going to run. Me said it again because you can't read evidently. Simple enough for you.

You also said this, "the attack will be more balanced then last year"

What brought you to this conclusion?

Edited by big2033

Just now, big2033 said:

You also said this, "the attack will be more balanced then last year"

What brought you to this conclusion?

Why do you love to discus the obvious over and over again.

1 minute ago, Huston said:

Why do you love to discus the obvious over and over again.

Because I don't make statements without valid details.

Health doesn't automatically mean balance. What does Smith plan on doing? You have him saying anything specific there? Any splits for when Mariota is healthy for run/pass?

15 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Because I don't make statements without valid details.

Health doesn't automatically mean balance. What does Smith plan on doing? You have him saying anything specific there? Any splits for when Mariota is healthy for run/pass?

You evidently dont have common sense or make logical deductions either. But continue straying off topic to branch it off to something you want to debate all over again.

Edited by Huston

Personally I think both @big2033's and @Huston's interpretations of "ride Henry" are fair and can turn out to be correct. While I do lean more towards Big's, I can certainly see a scenario where Hus is is right given that this season we definitively need to find out who Mariota is and hiding him to the tune of a 400 carry season for Henry would be stupid and counter-productive. I would most definitely prefer that we ride Henry at the expense of other backs (as Hus suggests)rather than at the expense of throwing attempts for Mariota (as Big suggests). The only way I want to see Mariota losing passing attempts to Henry rushes is if he so clearly shows he's not the answer and at that point I'd honestly rather bench him for Tanny. As most things this year will; it all rests of Mariota. 

16 minutes ago, Huston said:

You evidently dont have common sense or make logical deductions either. But continue straying off topic to branch it off to something you want to debate all over again.

Yeah you don't have it.

This is my problem. You're just a fan ... dreaming.

Honestly you're right we shouldn't bother debating. You're bad at it. I'd rather someone take Mariota's side that can properly break down their thinking with some actual info so I can learn something from the experience. And not take shots in the dark because they love a player.

Edited by big2033

You love debating with yourself, dude stop repling to my post if you dont like what I have to or how I say it. It aint that hard.

1 hour ago, big2033 said:

Yeah you don't have it.

This is my problem. You're just a fan ... dreaming.

Honestly you're right we shouldn't bother debating. You're bad at it. I'd rather someone take Mariota's side that can properly break down their thinking with some actual info so I can learn something from the experience. And not take shots in the dark because they love a player.

Edited by Huston