Jump to content
ChesterCopperpot1

Trump to Congresswomen AOC, Omar, Tlaib, And Presley: “go back to your own country and fix it...”

Recommended Posts

'Nator   

Who the fuck wears political hats and shirts and gear anyway? 

 

I've always considered just about anyone who wears a hat or a shirt for a candidate in every day life to be a fuckwad and that goes for almost everyone who has bumper stickers too. 

 

Just as a general rule, people who flaunt their political persuasion in their day to day lives are insufferable. Both sides. BOTH SIDES! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Number9 said:

You were the one to post the video clip.  YOU.

Uh yeah.  And everyone excluding you thought it was funny/relevant to the conversation because they’d, like probably 90% of people, watched the episode and got the joke.  

 

Hint - you were Randy Marsh in the video clip.  

Edited by Mercalius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 'Nator said:

Who the fuck wears political hats and shirts and gear anyway? 

 

I've always considered just about anyone who wears a hat or a shirt for a candidate in every day life to be a fuckwad and that goes for almost everyone who has bumper stickers too. 

 

Just as a general rule, people who flaunt their political persuasion in their day to day lives are insufferable. Both sides. BOTH SIDES! 

Except for Ross Perot jammies with the flap on the butt.  Those Id wear proudly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   

Waaaaah people are too mean to Trump supporters

 

I don’t walk around talking politics but if it’s brought up to me I attack and mock trump supporters 

 

Who the hell is still supporting him and his admin? These people are the absolute worst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Number9   
19 minutes ago, Bink said:

I found the comment on this thread breaking down the crowd reactions to the chant really interesting. 

 

Good.  I wrote a post a few days ago about the great country America is.  We have been the beacon of light of freedom on this planet.  We have gone to war so people in other countries can have freedom of speech, the right to vote.  That's why voter suppression will fail in America.  It's in our bones to protect the freedoms of others.

 

The people who come to Trump rallies are not representative of the average person who voted for DT in 2016.  It appears since the dems don't seem to have anybody charismatic and palpable enough to beat DT, he will do it himself.  "Throw members of the UNITED STATES HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES out of the country."

 

Can you imagine how that is being received by leaders and people themselves around the world?  How can we go into international negotiations and maintain the enormous respect we have held since the turn of the 20th century?  

 

But real men are few and far between.  I have seen it in my life and you have seen it too.  When it comes time to man up, everybody ain't down.  Paul Ryan, quit. He was on a solid pathway to be POTUS.  Quit.  Gave the fuck up.  Went back home.

 

Now, one of our most sacred freedoms in being attacked and who is standing against it.  FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

 

What country do you think of when you hear those words?

 

Evannies.  Ten times "Jesus"  Five time per day and you will have called our Lord and Saviour into your life.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GOAT9   

Close this thread already. Its said and done. Trump talked out of his ass as usual. And it doesn't change the fact Omar is  a piece of shit and so are her supporters. Time to move on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 'Nator said:

Who the fuck wears political hats and shirts and gear anyway? 

 

I've always considered just about anyone who wears a hat or a shirt for a candidate in every day life to be a fuckwad and that goes for almost everyone who has bumper stickers too. 

 

Just as a general rule, people who flaunt their political persuasion in their day to day lives are insufferable. Both sides. BOTH SIDES! 

Politics are like sports for some. It's all about aligning yourself with the right team/identity/whatever.

 

I don't wear shit like that because 1) I don't and wouldn't want to invest who I am/my identity into these fuckers, 2) I don't want to waste my money on the ugly ass clothes they put their logos and shit on, and 3) I'd just be marking myself for whatever batshit crazy asshole who might be waiting around the next corner. Have the wrong bumper sticker on your car? Might wind up with someone slamming on their breaks in front of you or trying to run you into a ditch. Have on the wrong hat/shirt? Might get shit thrown on you, get beat up, stabbed, or even shot.

 

Fuck a whole bunch of that.
 

2 hours ago, Mercalius said:

Except for Ross Perot jammies with the flap on the butt.  Those Id wear proudly.  

I'm going to take back my awesome reaction from your earlier post in this thread now. Unless you're a hot chick with a twerky butt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bink said:

I have heard a lot of Trump supporters describe how they are afraid to talk about their political leanings at work or feel uncomfortable when they see Trump being bashed at the Oscars, or feel attacked when people call them racist for supporting Trump. People messaging you on private here afraid to share their opinions--afraid of the debate, afraid of the label, afraid of feeling attacked. 

 

No one should ever be harassed. No one should ever be attacked for their identity.

 

I would hope these things you are describing would create a lot of empathy within Trump supporters. Because it isn't about being "right of Sanders" (if that was the case the world pre-Trump would have reflected it), it's about being a Trump supporter and what that represents in our current cultural climate and larger cultural context. 

 

From the onset, Trump has normalized harassment with his insulting comments and his refusal to defuse things like the "lock her up chants". He was elected well after he has said the most harassing thing a president has ever said as far as I can recollect (grab em by the pussy comment).  His "if you don't like it leave " comments reflect everyday harassment that people experience in this country all the time. Wanna wear your hijab? Get out. Wanna have a spanish language sign on in your grocery store? Get out. Wanna have a picture of your wedding with a safe-sex partner? Get that out of my space. 

 

Now that your opinion and this aspect of your identity isn't the overwhelmingly accepted as default you are seeing what it is like to feel unwelcome and unsafe in your community and workplace, what many people have experienced and felt in this country most days of their lives.

 

Wanting this to stop, wanting to be heard and having a seat at the table, doesn't make them or you un-American. 

 

To be "other" in this country -to be open, you've had to endure mobs of people calling you a terrorist, racial slurs, homophobic slurs, and many insulting things over your whole life. Online, in public, it doesn't matter. People physically assaulting you for being a minority in the wrong neighborhood, cops called on you for using a public space, followed into the bathroom if you are transgender or queer, calling you a terrorist because you are wearing a hijab, having your home vandalized, being yelled at for speaking a different language,  protestors calling you a baby killer outside of your workplace every day, not even having a platform in the first place, being catcalled or touched in an unwanted manner at the workplace--this is a list we could populate all day. Every woman I know has a story of being harassed or sexually assaulted. So many people I know have been sharing personal stories of being told to go back to China, India, or wherever. 

 

Let's consider what it is like for them. 

 

Let's consider what it is like for people who want more gun regulations because their child was murdered while at school to receive death threats. 

 

Let's consider what it is like for Hilary Clinton to be called an ugly bitch thousands of times a day. 

 

Let's consider what was going through AOC's mind when learned that border agents had a private facebook group where people photoshopped images of her being raped. 

 

For the audacity of being something other than the default.

 

It fucking sucks for those people, if you think about it. 

 

A lot of times it is simple and straight forward. A Trump supporter being punched in the face because of a bumper sticker. It's easy for all of us to agree that's bad and discriminatory! But now Trump supporters are feeling microaggressions--being talked about behind your back at the workplace or being excluded, having someone imply you are racist. That favorite character from your childhood is now black and doesn't represent you. You had to attend a sexual harassment training at the workplace and all of the offenders are males (women can harass too). 

 

Microaggressions suck, don't they? Feeling like your identity is under attack and having this being dismissed outright sucks, doesn't it? 

 

Supporting Trump has put people who aren't usually outside of the default outside of the default and they are starting to feel some of the ways that can cause pain. 

 

And it's really getting to them. Maybe not you specifically, but a lot of people I know.

 

It is easy to say others are playing some kind of card (race, gender, victim, etc) or being SJWs/politically correct or need a safe space.  But when looking into why people create inclusive policies or discuss issues of identity we can see the harmful patterns that have caused them. 

 

I would hope that Trump supporters get a chance to reflect on how their experiences should encourage us all to support building inclusive communities and accepting people and seeing what kinds of laws and policies we build to make our country a better place for everyone. 


 

What a fucking mic drop.

 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 'Nator said:

Who the fuck wears political hats and shirts and gear anyway? 

 

I've always considered just about anyone who wears a hat or a shirt for a candidate in every day life to be a fuckwad and that goes for almost everyone who has bumper stickers too. 

 

Just as a general rule, people who flaunt their political persuasion in their day to day lives are insufferable. Both sides. BOTH SIDES! 

I had a Ron Paul 2012 sticker on my car. Someone drew a dick on it. I was initially mad, and then I sat back and said “that’s fair”. 

 

Anyone who wears political gear gear deserves to have a dick drawn on it n

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
'Nator   
45 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

I had a Ron Paul 2012 sticker on my car. Someone drew a dick on it. I was initially mad, and then I sat back and said “that’s fair”. 

 

Anyone who wears political gear gear deserves to have a dick drawn on it n

Respect for this post.

 

And I laughed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
reo   
9 hours ago, Bink said:

I have heard a lot of Trump supporters describe how they are afraid to talk about their political leanings at work or feel uncomfortable when they see Trump being bashed at the Oscars, or feel attacked when people call them racist for supporting Trump. People messaging you on private here afraid to share their opinions--afraid of the debate, afraid of the label, afraid of feeling attacked. 

 

No one should ever be harassed. No one should ever be attacked for their identity.

 

I would hope these things you are describing would create a lot of empathy within Trump supporters. Because it isn't about being "right of Sanders" (if that was the case the world pre-Trump would have reflected it), it's about being a Trump supporter and what that represents in our current cultural climate and larger cultural context. 

 

From the onset, Trump has normalized harassment with his insulting comments and his refusal to defuse things like the "lock her up chants". He was elected well after he has said the most harassing thing a president has ever said as far as I can recollect (grab em by the pussy comment).  His "if you don't like it leave " comments reflect everyday harassment that people experience in this country all the time. Wanna wear your hijab? Get out. Wanna have a spanish language sign on in your grocery store? Get out. Wanna have a picture of your wedding with a safe-sex partner? Get that out of my space. 

 

Now that your opinion and this aspect of your identity isn't the overwhelmingly accepted as default you are seeing what it is like to feel unwelcome and unsafe in your community and workplace, what many people have experienced and felt in this country most days of their lives.

 

Wanting this to stop, wanting to be heard and having a seat at the table, doesn't make them or you un-American. 

 

To be "other" in this country -to be open, you've had to endure mobs of people calling you a terrorist, racial slurs, homophobic slurs, and many insulting things over your whole life. Online, in public, it doesn't matter. People physically assaulting you for being a minority in the wrong neighborhood, cops called on you for using a public space, followed into the bathroom if you are transgender or queer, calling you a terrorist because you are wearing a hijab, having your home vandalized, being yelled at for speaking a different language,  protestors calling you a baby killer outside of your workplace every day, not even having a platform in the first place, being catcalled or touched in an unwanted manner at the workplace--this is a list we could populate all day. Every woman I know has a story of being harassed or sexually assaulted. So many people I know have been sharing personal stories of being told to go back to China, India, or wherever. 

 

Let's consider what it is like for them. 

 

Let's consider what it is like for people who want more gun regulations because their child was murdered while at school to receive death threats. 

 

Let's consider what it is like for Hilary Clinton to be called an ugly bitch thousands of times a day. 

 

Let's consider what was going through AOC's mind when learned that border agents had a private facebook group where people photoshopped images of her being raped. 

 

For the audacity of being something other than the default.

 

It fucking sucks for those people, if you think about it. 

 

A lot of times it is simple and straight forward. A Trump supporter being punched in the face because of a bumper sticker. It's easy for all of us to agree that's bad and discriminatory! But now Trump supporters are feeling microaggressions--being talked about behind your back at the workplace or being excluded, having someone imply you are racist. That favorite character from your childhood is now black and doesn't represent you. You had to attend a sexual harassment training at the workplace and all of the offenders are males (women can harass too). 

 

Microaggressions suck, don't they? Feeling like your identity is under attack and having this being dismissed outright sucks, doesn't it? 

 

Supporting Trump has put people who aren't usually outside of the default outside of the default and they are starting to feel some of the ways that can cause pain. 

 

And it's really getting to them. Maybe not you specifically, but a lot of people I know.

 

It is easy to say others are playing some kind of card (race, gender, victim, etc) or being SJWs/politically correct or need a safe space.  But when looking into why people create inclusive policies or discuss issues of identity we can see the harmful patterns that have caused them. 

 

I would hope that Trump supporters get a chance to reflect on how their experiences should encourage us all to support building inclusive communities and accepting people and seeing what kinds of laws and policies we build to make our country a better place for everyone. 


 

Here's the thing you guys need to realize... people who support Trump don't feel empathy for others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reo said:

Here's the thing you guys need to realize... people who support Trump don't feel empathy for others.

They are xenophobes and dominionists, and some... I assume... are good people...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...