Sign in to follow this  
Robertson43

2019 Training Camp Offensive line Preview

Actually that could make sense if they don't see him as a long term signing and Kelly looks decent (then you extend him).  They would also need to have some level of confidence in the depth past Kelly as well to make the move since injuries are likely to Lewan or Kelly at some point even if short term.  Who can move into RT is needed and not get Mariota killed?

I want to see what happens between Pamphile and Davis.  Again, JRob continues to strengthen the roster by getting Davis.  They keep talking about Davis' low stance with his butt on the ground.  It looks like something he started doing when he was in middle school and he has always been talented enough none of his coaches insisted on him having a better technic.  He has to have a lot of muscle memory in that stance and changing could be more of a problem than it would seem.  It could make him awkward.

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

I want to see what happens between Pamphile and Davis.  Again, JRob continues to strengthen the roster by getting Davis.  They keep talking about Davis' low stance with his butt on the ground.  It looks like something he started doing when he was in middle school and he has always been talented enough none of his coaches insisted on him having a better technic.  He has to have a lot of muscle memory in that stance and changing could be more of a problem than it would seem.  It could make him awkward.

The Titans staff has said the stance issue has already been corrected. I'm really excited to see that camp battle.

47 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

The Titans staff has said the stance issue has already been corrected. I'm really excited to see that camp battle.

doublethumbs.png

Glad to hear.  Why is Wyatt mentioning it in his OL Preview?    "Davis, meanwhile, is strong and talented, but is dealing with some technique adjustments as well after playing low in his stance in college."    

Makes it sound like he's still having some issues.  I hope it just poor reporting.

35 minutes ago, Number9 said:

doublethumbs.png

Glad to hear.  Why is Wyatt mentioning it in his OL Preview?    "Davis, meanwhile, is strong and talented, but is dealing with some technique adjustments as well after playing low in his stance in college."    

Makes it sound like he's still having some issues.  I hope it just poor reporting.

Honestly it's very possible that that the staff (not sure if it was J-Rob, Smith, or Carter who said it) oversold the progress of the adjustment and it is taking longer than they let on.  I took them at their word but who knows what the stance actually looks like right now.